Somethings wrong .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Im pissed off with Greenturd and the Nrl suits that have stamped us into the pavement , but something is wrong . We have lost Stewart , Matai , killer , Myles , Green to name a few and have no Fukhing money . We have some good kids coming through but we have bought no one of any significance. Your Melbourne's , Eels roosters and sharks just keep buying without any of these idiots running the show batting an eyelid . I know the Turbos are upgraded and so on, but with the cap increase we should really be in the black . The Mexicans have the so called big 3 , gun wingers , rep forwards but nothing ever said . I read today that the roosters look like signing Reece Robinson for a year also . Something is wrong we are not idiots .
Something is terribly wrong here ???
Really ????
We have six "world class" players
DCE
Walker
Tom Turbo
Jake Turbo
Kappow
Uate
We have a balanced squad of quality NRL players and players of great potential coming up and all signed up so the vultures wont take them away from us
We have 850 grand to spend wisely and not irrationally like panic merchants
For those on here that think something is wrong
Don't only tick the like button but to ease your anxiety also press the panic button .
For the rest of us that have patience and are not stress heads and do not panic . Sit back and enjoy the good things that will unfold before kick off . Cheers :)
panic_button.jpg

Attachments

• panic_button.jpg
    panic_button.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 2
Im pissed off with Greenturd and the Nrl suits that have stamped us into the pavement , but something is wrong . We have lost Stewart , Matai , killer , Myles , Green to name a few and have no Fukhing money . We have some good kids coming through but we have bought no one of any significance. Your Melbourne's , Eels roosters and sharks just keep buying without any of these idiots running the show batting an eyelid . I know the Turbos are upgraded and so on, but with the cap increase we should really be in the black . The Mexicans have the so called big 3 , gun wingers , rep forwards but nothing ever said . I read today that the roosters look like signing Reece Robinson for a year also . Something is wrong we are not idiots .
Hey Brad,
Firstly - I love your work.
Will catch up 1 time for a game and drinks....
Done a similar thread a few days ago mate and agree 100%.
Thing is - I don’t think it’s the Manly efforts to sign Premium players. More the double standard of how much the SAME 4-5 other teams get to continually have an UNLIMITED Cap....

Really ????
DCE
Walker
Tom Turbo
Jake Turbo
Kappow
Uate
We have a balanced squad of quality NRL players and players of great potential coming up and all signed up so the vultures wont take them away from us
Don't only tick the like button but to ease your anxiety also press the panic button .
For the rest of us that have patience and are not stress heads and do not panic . Sit back and enjoy the good things that will unfold before kick off . Cheers :)
View attachment 7105
100% get Bozo’s point too - we have massive talent to protect in our own backyard- as Barrett stated...I think Brads point is how the same certain teams, get to sign every player who becomes available....without investigation...

Hey Brad,
Firstly - I love your work.
Will catch up 1 time for a game and drinks....
Done a similar thread a few days ago mate and agree 100%.
Thing is - I don’t think it’s the Manly efforts to sign Premium players. More the double standard of how much the SAME 4-5 other teams get to continually have an UNLIMITED Cap....
Well said Maxta , Double Standards . Happy to catch up 1 day mate .

100% get Bozo’s point too - we have massive talent to protect in our own backyard- as Barrett stated...I think Brads point is how the same certain teams, get to sign every player who becomes available....without investigation...
Spot on .

Really ????
DCE
Walker
Tom Turbo
Jake Turbo
Kappow
Uate
View attachment 7105
All good feathered friend.

Nah pretty sure that's not right.

The Turbos will be on that in their last year only. I think I remember reading the details and it scales up in a backended deal. 4yr deal $5mill package.

That figure that zero tackle uses is what Tom is on in the final year of his contract.

DCEs is correct though. Massive overs.

I recall deal up to 2020, and 5 mil for both.
Would be a relief if it was wrong.

Well $700k and $900k by 4 years is $6.4 mill. Not $5m.

They would be on less now and it back ends to the figures that zero tackle quotes.

I recall 3 years 18/19/20 @5.1. TT9k / JT 8k was the "split" but the boys were paid as 1.
Anyways hope I misread.

The elephant in the room with the NRL's salary cap is TPA's.

When the cap was introduced, the NSWRL's intention was to level the playing field and stop it being like English soccer or Major League Baseball where the rich clubs dominate every year because they can afford the best players. Every club had the same amount of money to spend on their players. It was designed to allow the likes of Wests, Balmain, Illawarra etc to be able to compete with the Manly's, the Easts, the Broncos without going broke in the process.

Then along came the Broncos, News Ltd. and the Super League war where almost overnight even reserve graders salaries went from about $50k to half a million.....and most of it was funded by either News (Murdoch) or Optus (Packer). But while player salaries were a drop in the well for those two, the clubs found it a bit more difficult.

Then the war ended and the NRL was formed. But there was a problem. Clubs, especially those ARL loyal clubs in Sydney, could no longer afford the ridiculous (at the time) player salaries. There were threats, mostly from parasite managers looking at their own bank accounts, that players like Fittler and/or Lockyer would either end up playing in England or would switch to cashed up union who themselves had recently gone professional. A way had to be found for these players to still come under the salary cap (which was re-introduced by the NRL) and yet still be earning what they were, or at least close to what they were, during the split.

Thus we have TPA's which have unfortunately made a mockery of what the salary cap was designed for. Clubs like the Chooks and Broncos suddenly had a massive advantage. They could basically pay their players the minimum salary the NRL valued them at with the rest of the money coming from outside parties (TPA's) while other clubs who had/have less available to them are forced to pay top dollar inside of the cap (which makes the success we've had since then all the more satisfying). We've all heard the stories about some clubs (Brisbane) having virtually double the cap to play with simply because of the TPA's.

The problem is that the NRL is seemingly very reluctant to do anything about it, mostly because the teams with the advantage are also those with the biggest fan bases who also get the highest FTA television ratings. The easiest thing to do IMO would be to put a cap on TPA's which is fair to all clubs. But for some reason the NRL don't seem interested in fixing the problem.

The situation won't change until the NRL do something about capping TPA's available.

The elephant in the room with the NRL's salary cap is TPA's.

When the cap was introduced, the NSWRL's intention was to level the playing field and stop it being like English soccer or Major League Baseball where the rich clubs dominate every year because they can afford the best players. Every club had the same amount of money to spend on their players. It was designed to allow the likes of Wests, Balmain, Illawarra etc to be able to compete with the Manly's, the Easts, the Broncos without going broke in the process.

Then along came the Broncos, News Ltd. and the Super League war where almost overnight even reserve graders salaries went from about $50k to half a million.....and most of it was funded by either News (Murdoch) or Optus (Packer). But while player salaries were a drop in the well for those two, the clubs found it a bit more difficult.

Then the war ended and the NRL was formed. But there was a problem. Clubs, especially those ARL loyal clubs in Sydney, could no longer afford the ridiculous (at the time) player salaries. There were threats, mostly from parasite managers looking at their own bank accounts, that players like Fittler and/or Lockyer would either end up playing in England or would switch to cashed up union who themselves had recently gone professional. A way had to be found for these players to still come under the salary cap (which was re-introduced by the NRL) and yet still be earning what they were, or at least close to what they were, during the split.

Thus we have TPA's which have unfortunately made a mockery of what the salary cap was designed for. Clubs like the Chooks and Broncos suddenly had a massive advantage. They could basically pay their players the minimum salary the NRL valued them at with the rest of the money coming from outside parties (TPA's) while other clubs who had/have less available to them are forced to pay top dollar inside of the cap (which makes the success we've had since then all the more satisfying). We've all heard the stories about some clubs (Brisbane) having virtually double the cap to play with simply because of the TPA's.

The problem is that the NRL is seemingly very reluctant to do anything about it, mostly because the teams with the advantage are also those with the biggest fan bases who also get the highest FTA television ratings. The easiest thing to do IMO would be to put a cap on TPA's which is fair to all clubs. But for some reason the NRL don't seem interested in fixing the problem.

The situation won't change until the NRL do something about capping TPA's available.
The whole system needs an overhaul .

No need to panic as we don’t want he caught up in the 2018 merry go round with self interested players. Missing Pearce was a blessing as no room for other signing in years to come with the squad we have locked up so far. Baz had it right and won’t rush any knee jerk signings as we are filled with so awesome local talent. 2018 lets be competitive and really give a shake. The next few years after that will be top shelf IMO. Gorman and Barrett locked the new players will now come. Who wouldn’t want to join the greatest club ever. Keep signing you cap exempt teams we will actually win with passion.

Perhaps we need to make a very public petition and send it to the NRL outlining our complaints, point by point including the lack of overall support and apparent favouring of certain teams and demand an explanation. Wont achieve anything directly but will put them on notice that the rumblings are increasing in the north and trouble is brewing.

No need to panic as we don’t want he caught up in the 2018 merry go round with self interested players. Missing Pearce was a blessing as no room for other signing in years to come with the squad we have locked up so far. Baz had it right and won’t rush any knee jerk signings as we are filled with so awesome local talent. 2018 lets be competitive and really give a shake. The next few years after that will be top shelf IMO. Gorman and Barrett locked the new players will now come. Who wouldn’t want to join the greatest club ever. Keep signing you cap exempt teams we will actually win with passion.

Usually optimistic but I’m not feeling confident about next year. I felt we lacked depth last season due to Stewart and Matai not playing but in the 2018 season we could keep the same squad but add a couple of quality players. Unfortunately we have lost Lawerance, Green, Matai, Stewart and Myles but not replaced them with any first grade players.

They can't mate, I'm not sure if it was tested in law but the objection is that it is a restriction of trade. The players side is that if they are playing for a team why does that restrict their ability to do an ad for Harry's used cars for a bit of extra cash on the side. That's how the TPA came about, in theory if it's arms length and not formally part of the players payment then the players are free to find income outside of what they are paid to play. When it becomes a joke is when things like the 'thoroughbred's' turn up which are thinly veiled club supported TPAs. You are not wrong that the whole system isn't achieving it's goal so it's definitely time for the NRL (aka Greeturd) or the 'independent commission' cough cough to sort this out..... basically what I'm saying is don't hold your breath!!

Usually optimistic but I’m not feeling confident about next year. I felt we lacked depth last season due to Stewart and Matai not playing but in the 2018 season we could keep the same squad but add a couple of quality players. Unfortunately we have lost Lawerance, Green, Matai, Stewart and Myles but not replaced them with any first grade players.
We did considerably well without snake and matai. Green is replaceable and overrated imo. As for Myles it's a godsend he's gone..he can be replaced by a door stopper.. We've got Tanginoa and Sipley to replace Lawrence.. So with a steady roster and another year of experience under their belt they should be okay next year. Still have some cash for further depth signings.

Lets face a fact that our club is "on the nose" and that really affects potential recruits.

Not that we totally deserve to be "on the nose" but while ever McClymont and co keep throwing out match fixing allegations, corruption and salary cap issues we are pushing **** up hill.

When long term legends like Stewart and Matai turn their back on the club, you would be mad to not ask why.

The DCE factor, he his widely unpopular amongst players. Deny it all you like its why he doesnt play origin.

Add a rookie coach and a deadfish like Cartwright in charge of recruitment and the picture is becoming clear.

Thank our luck stars for the Turbos' hopefully they become players that others want to play with or else we struggle big time.

I am looking for the next Jamie Lyon and Ben Kennedy hopefully they appear soon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10