SOO 2 - 2018 Game Day - Blues Win Series

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Sue

Bencher
Great game with minimal penalties. Why can’t these morons do it in club games. Its destroying the game and these clowns can’t see it. Same ref gave 30 penalties in a game earlier this year Toddy at his best

yokahontas

Bencher
Thought a penalty try was 2 kicks at goal. One in line of where it would have been scored, and one in front of the posts??? I must be 100 years behind!

Nah, they’re two different things - the ‘(possible) 8 point try’ is what you’re thinking of - when the try is actually scored, but there’s foul play during the act of scoring - say, Studs-Up Slater sliding in to kick a winger in the face as he puts the ball down (kidding, as if he’s ever been penalised for that!)...so you get the try, take the conversion from where it’s scored, then the penalty from in front.

Penalty try is what we just saw - you get your 4 points for the try, and the conversion from in front.

It’s a bit like basketball free throws - if the foul stops you from scoring, you get two free throws for a possible two points. If you get fouled but still manage to score, you get one free throw for an extra point.

yokahontas

Bencher
I think it only applies when there is an act of foul play that that prevents a try. Like someone dropping a ball while in the act of scoring because they got tackled high

Not quite - the 8 point try is for when the try is actually scored, but there was foul play committed during/after it was scored. Penalty try is for when the foul play actually stops the try - like the one we just saw.

In your example - dropping the ball = not scoring = penalty try. Actually getting the ball down even though you’ve been cracked across the head in the process = 8 point try.

Class of 96

Bencher
Going to be some tired boys in the last 20. That first half was played at a cracking pace. Bench will decide this one.

Class of 96

Bencher
Nah, they’re two different things - the ‘(possible) 8 point try’ is what you’re thinking of - when the try is actually scored, but there’s foul play during the act of scoring - say, Studs-Up Slater sliding in to kick a winger in the face as he puts the ball down (kidding, as if he’s ever been penalised for that!)...so you get the try, take the conversion from where it’s scored, then the penalty from in front.

Surprised Billy hasn’t given up an extra 400 points over his career.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Impressive first half strategy from Qld.

Their forwards, with the help of GI playing as an extra forward at times, have more then held their own, and given their backline something to work from. In defence, they have really driven NSW back.

To NSW's credit, they have held their composure and stayed in the game when in the past we have seen them fold in similar scenarios. Maloney I thought was the difference in giving NSW a half-time lead.

NSW forwards need to muscle up and start hitting hard and dominating the middle.

Oh, and please... somebody iron out Maguire the twat.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
Tom is farked. He got snapped there
I thought he got a shoulder charge from Ponga which caused the most damage.

Having said that, Manly are missing a forward like McGuire who just wants to lay out as many of the opposition as possible. Every team needs players like that to intimidate the opposition in defense.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
We look clunky and disorganised in attack, yet still up by 8. If we can get more direct and sort out our timing we will only get better.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16