• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd think Adam Reynolds or Sam Williams will get a shot next year. Whichever one of them steps it up will be close to it.

Blues halves are not good enough.

When were the Morris boys or jennings given some ball. The right side defence was a shambles, Gifty a big loss.

Now, this is why unfortunately Slater is a mile ahead of Stewart when their careers finish. Slater can turn a game on his own, does not depend on go forward from his forwards etc....for club footy and rep footy Stewart is still a top manly FB, but rate him against the greats, well, if you put him in a team not playing well he doesn't offer much. Slater can turn the match for his team...seen it many a time, and yes i remember dome stuff ups for Aust from Slater some years ago, but let's be fair dinkum,

Kiwi Eagle said:
How weak was Tates effort on Gallen
Are you referring to the deliberately aimed punch thrown to the head of a player who was being held defenceless on the ground?

So much for the hoo-ha about the Battle of Brookvale. I wasa bit surprised he was left on the field but NSW didn't even get the penalty.

swoop said:
T-Rex was horrible, how about running the f**king ball.

He grabbed at his back quite early and was courageous to stay out there but was more like a passenger mostly. I'm expecting him to be out for some time now with a recurrence of that injury.

Sumdumguy said:
"7 IN A ROW, 7 IN A ROW!" does anyone know how to spell 7?

2 Manly legends in Choc and Snake are hurting tonight, and you're celebrating. You make me sick ;)

Mal Cochrane said:

When were the Morris boys or jennings given some ball. The right side defence was a shambles, Gifty a big loss.

Now, this is why unfortunately Slater is a mile ahead of Stewart when their careers finish. Slater can turn a game on his own, does not depend on go forward from his forwards etc....for club footy and rep footy Stewart is still a top manly FB, but rate him against the greats, well, if you put him in a team not playing well he doesn't offer much. Slater can turn the match for his team...seen it many a time, and yes i remember dome stuff ups for Aust from Slater some years ago, but let's be fair dinkum,

Stewart's won two Premierships & Slater's won zero.

I'll take Snake thanks.

Duff said:
I'd think Adam Reynolds or Sam Williams will get a shot next year. Whichever one of them steps it up will be close to it.

Step up? They will need to climb Everest to get a shot next year, especially Williams, he is not even first choice at the Raiders.

Volley said:
Duff said:

Hahahha, turn it up.

Not at all. Both are talented young blokes and with another season under their belt should be up to the level of the current crop if they continue to improve.

Volley said:
Sumdumguy said:
"7 IN A ROW, 7 IN A ROW!" does anyone know how to spell 7?

2 Manly legends in Choc and Snake are hurting tonight, and you're celebrating. You make me sick ;)

Mal Cochrane said:

Stewart's won two Premierships & Slater's won zero.

I'll take Snake thanks.

So would i. Just putting a fullstop to comparisons as to who is better.

Sam Williams can't string 3 games in a row at the Raiders.

Reynolds is a goer, but he needs at least another 2-3 years of improvement before he reaches Origin level.

Just got back from watching the game at a local RSL with a few mates, Some of the ref calls in that game were atrocious. In the first half the dirty QLD'ers got away with holding us down in the ruck but we got pinged when we did the same thing. There were countless forward passes by QLD that went unnoticed, one which lead to a try. The Shepard Try awarded to QLD was a disgrace. We will not win another SOO series with Mitchell Pearce at 7.

Mal Cochrane said:

Mal you have shot your own argument in the foot when you say Blues halves were not good enough.

Snake is a sensation when playing with decent playmakers, eg 2008 version of Ox and current version of DCE & Foz. So is Slater - who for almost his entire career has had the benefit of running his plays off Cronk and Smith, as well as Locky and Thurston in origin. I agree Slater is better than Snake in some ways, but Snake is better in others.

Disappointing for a series to be decided by refereeing blunders. You'd think the blunders would even up eventually. Apparently not.

Plus compare Tate's cheap shot on the head of a defenceless player held on the ground - which virtually closed Bird's eye - zero penalty - with Jennings' ineffective air swing - sin bin plus suspension. Dumbfounding refereeing.

The closest Mitchell Pearce should ever get to a blue jumper again is when he misses those tackles on Dogs players.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
How weak was Tates effort on Gallen
Are you referring to the deliberately aimed punch thrown to the head of a player who was being held defenceless on the ground?

So much for the hoo-ha about the Battle of Brookvale. I wasa bit surprised he was left on the field but NSW didn't even get the penalty.

swoop said:
T-Rex was horrible, how about running the f**king ball.

He grabbed at his back quite early and was courageous to stay out there but was more like a passenger mostly. I'm expecting him to be out for some time now with a recurrence of that injury.

I think thats actually T-Rex. He really doesn't get involved unless you force him too. Its taken us a few years to figure that out.

Mal Cochrane said:

No doubt Slater can turn a game. World Cup final springs to mind. I'd go as far to say if he played fullback tonight instead of Inglis the Blues would have won.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Mal Cochrane said:

Mal you have shot your own argument in the foot when you say Blues halves were not good enough.

Snake is a sensation when playing with decent playmakers, eg 2008 version of Ox and current version of DCE & Foz. So is Slater - who for almost his entire career has had the benefit of running his plays off Cronk and Smith, as well as Locky and Thurston in origin. I agree Slater is better than Snake in some ways, but Snake is better in others.

Shot myself nowhere. In fact you have strengthened my argument. Slater doesn't depend on halves or the team going well as Stewart does.

Masked Eagle said:
Mal Cochrane said:

No doubt Slater can turn a game. World Cup final springs to mind. I'd go as far to say if he played fullback tonight instead of Inglis the Blues would have won.

ok....good on you....as if. Inglis in centres instead of ineffectual Neilson with Slater as FB and Blues would have won. :rolleyes:

No Luke Lewis until the 52nd minute with creagh and Scott given preference is a joke. Ricky makes some strange coaching decisions.

Pearce can't kick, tackle or organise a chook raffle.......worst no 7 to wear the sky blue. We've lacked direction the whole series at crucial times because there's noone in the team with any organisational skills. FFS, id even have Jeff robson in the team over pearce.

It amuses me how everyone bats off over how wonderful QLD is when the reality is they can barely beat a second rate team even though everything is in their favour - better line up, home ground advantage, ALL the 50 50 calls.

Volley said:
Sam Williams can't string 3 games in a row at the Raiders.

Reynolds is a goer, but he needs at least another 2-3 years of improvement before he reaches Origin level.

Aiden Sezer a possible

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7