• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Mal Cochrane said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Mal Cochrane said:
Blues halves are not good enough.

When were the Morris boys or jennings given some ball. The right side defence was a shambles, Gifty a big loss.

Now, this is why unfortunately Slater is a mile ahead of Stewart when their careers finish. Slater can turn a game on his own, does not depend on go forward from his forwards etc....for club footy and rep footy Stewart is still a top manly FB, but rate him against the greats, well, if you put him in a team not playing well he doesn't offer much. Slater can turn the match for his team...seen it many a time, and yes i remember dome stuff ups for Aust from Slater some years ago, but let's be fair dinkum,
Mal you have shot your own argument in the foot when you say Blues halves were not good enough.

Snake is a sensation when playing with decent playmakers, eg 2008 version of Ox and current version of DCE & Foz. So is Slater - who for almost his entire career has had the benefit of running his plays off Cronk and Smith, as well as Locky and Thurston in origin. I agree Slater is better than Snake in some ways, but Snake is better in others.

Shot myself nowhere. In fact you have strengthened my argument. Slater doesn't depend on halves or the team going well as Stewart does.

Masked Eagle said:
Mal Cochrane said:
Blues halves are not good enough.

When were the Morris boys or jennings given some ball. The right side defence was a shambles, Gifty a big loss.

Now, this is why unfortunately Slater is a mile ahead of Stewart when their careers finish. Slater can turn a game on his own, does not depend on go forward from his forwards etc....for club footy and rep footy Stewart is still a top manly FB, but rate him against the greats, well, if you put him in a team not playing well he doesn't offer much. Slater can turn the match for his team...seen it many a time, and yes i remember dome stuff ups for Aust from Slater some years ago, but let's be fair dinkum,

No doubt Slater can turn a game. World Cup final springs to mind. I'd go as far to say if he played fullback tonight instead of Inglis the Blues would have won.

ok....good on you....as if. Inglis in centres instead of ineffectual Neilson with Slater as FB and Blues would have won. :rolleyes:

NSW dominated field position in games 1 & 2 despite an ordinary kicking game because they bashed Slater on his kick returns and the start of every QLD set was ineffective because of the way the Blues dominated Slater, they were able to get their line set and really punish QLD in the first couple of rucks. GI destroyed the Blues last night, with his returns and by him knocking defenders out of the way and NSW needing to commit more players just tackle him meant we weren't set early in the count making it a hellava lot easier for QLD to gain some momentum early in their sets. That had a huge impact on the way the game was played.

Isz, what for? loaded on here was all the negative stuff about T-Rex from past few years. Yes, he has come of age in latter 2011 but it took a long time. We did the work and now Dogs are getting the goods. As for Cam Smith, he does go in with the knees. He's very good at it.

I think it has been plain to see whay Qld are slightly better than NSW: their halfback and five-eighth.
NSW forwards certainly held their own. In fact, I think they shaded Qld in games one and two and came out even in game three.
But Pearce, in particular, and Carney are not in the same class as Cronk and Thurston. You only have to see how many line drop outs Qld forced. Yet I don't think NSW forced any in 240 minutes.
While we know the problem there are no obvious replacement NSW playmakers. Wallace? Maloney? Perhaps.
Qld have many options should Cronk or Thurston get hurt.

Can't believe the people on here unloading on Trex. He came into the game severly under done having played 1 game in 3 months. This was biggest game in years and having just one game against the Rorters ain't much of a preparation.

Also looked to have aggravated his back pretty early on and was a passenger for nearly the whole second half.

The only person to blame is Ricky Stuart, one for picking Trex under done, then leaving him on when he was obviously injured.

Really can't understand all the hype about Stuart as a coach. He's pretty ordinary IMO.

If Hasler was coach we win series, it's that simple.
Stuarts an imposter.

The Who said:
I think it has been plain to see whay Qld are slightly better than NSW: their halfback and five-eighth.
NSW forwards certainly held their own. In fact, I think they shaded Qld in games one and two and came out even in game three.
But Pearce, in particular, and Carney are not in the same class as Cronk and Thurston. You only have to see how many line drop outs Qld forced. Yet I don't think NSW forced any in 240 minutes.
While we know the problem there are no obvious replacement NSW playmakers. Wallace? Maloney? Perhaps.
Qld have many options should Cronk or Thurston get hurt.

One thing that was very evident this series is how much Lockyer held that Qld side together and steered them around. Thurston doesn't have that composure, and Cronk probably doesn't have the big match experience yet (although very calm under pressure with drop goal last night). I think the closeness of this series was as much to do with the absence of Lockyer as it was to do with an improved NSW effort. Queensland looked panicked at times, which is not the norm over the last 5 years.

COMMANDER said:
Dyami said:
COMMANDER said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Don't think Hodges has made a tackle below the neck yet

Most outstanding part of the night for me so far

"Ben Te'o - Hibiscus Coast Raiders"

Auckland - That's in Queensland

There's always next year.

Baaaah Baaaaah ba.

We only won this series because of refereeing errors, not because we were the better side.

Yeah it's always the ref's fault.

Mate I support Qld and even I can see the errors the referees made, I would much rather win a game purely because we were better than to have some refereeing blunder cost the opposition the game. That was the prime example of a shepherd and if you cant admitt that, then its little wonder that those south of the border think Qld supporters are tossers!

Anyway no more post mortems, the real footy starts Sunday...Go Manly!!

I had to laugh...the Maroon Mail gave player rankings

NSW..most got 4's or 5's with 1 player only at a 6.5
QLD...most players got 7's, a few got 8's and a couple got 9's

So I then go onto the Daily Terrograpgh and check their rankings

NSW...most got 6's or 7's (couple under)
QLD...most got 6's or 7's and a few (similar to the Bronco Mail) 8's and 9's

Given there was 1 point differential, apart from the standout QLD players there really wasn't much between them, the terrorgrapgh (losing side) had it right the Maroon Mail (winning side) couldn't help buy lay the boot in.

So in typical Queensland fashion they just can't give any credit where credit is due......at the end of the night they won by a single point...it was hardly "40-0".

As I have said many times, great place to live up here, nice weather, good people....except at SOO time when they lose the plot!!

Thank god it's over for another year.

LMAO Mark yes they do lose the plot dont they. Its because of the way the media carries on they all go frootloop. I had to turn channel 9 off until the game started last night with that Mighty Maroon sack of horse**** they had on before it started. **** me they all need a slap across the back of the head to jolt them back into the real world. Even friends and relatives who have moved up here from Victoria and elsewhere comment on how ****ed in the head they all get. They all go for NSW not because they follow league but they are just sick of the moron carry on up here.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I had to laugh...the Maroon Mail gave player rankings

NSW..most got 4's or 5's with 1 player only at a 6.5
QLD...most players got 7's, a few got 8's and a couple got 9's

So I then go onto the Daily Terrograpgh and check their rankings

NSW...most got 6's or 7's (couple under)
QLD...most got 6's or 7's and a few (similar to the Bronco Mail) 8's and 9's

Given there was 1 point differential, apart from the standout QLD players there really wasn't much between them, the terrorgrapgh (losing side) had it right the Maroon Mail (winning side) couldn't help buy lay the boot in.

So in typical Queensland fashion they just can't give any credit where credit is due......at the end of the night they won by a single point...it was hardly "40-0".

As I have said many times, great place to live up here, nice weather, good people....except at SOO time when they lose the plot!!

Thank god it's over for another year.

No doubt QLD have some great, once in a generation type players, but some of the hype they get if you didn't know the results of the past 7 years you'd think they would be winning every game by 30 points. Facts are the results of this series and a few of the others could have changed in one moment, whether that was a refs decision or an individual bit of brilliance or mistake. There really isn't that much between the sides. That extends to the NRL level as well and its what should keep good sides on their toes, and give poor sides enough encouragement that if they work hard they are chance in any game.

Sheikheagle said:
Did anyone else notice Nate "Freddy Flinstone" Miles deliberately lead with his head to knock out Farah. He and Smith were outstanding however they are also outstanding grubs. Smith used knees and elbows in every tackle.

yeah i did and it was great to see!
farah is a dirty diving milking jerk, it was only a matter of time before karma caught up with him and he actually copped a real knock, the best was when he tried to blame the touchie for being an absolute gimp when he dropped the ball cold... he wanted a penalty...lol!

and yes smith does use knees very subtly, but c'mon - EVERY tackle NSW made ended with an elbow in the eye socket or mad facial!

IMO if NSW concentrated more on actually playing footy, instead of these cattledog calls and trying to put Qld off their game, they may win a series. but it won't happen with gallen or sticky leading you!

Mark from Brisbane said:
NOT a great day to be a Blues fan in QueeNZland...yet another year of suffering.

Oh so close but not good enough.

Who was that big Kiwi fella running around for New South Zealand last night? The one that looked like he was off the cover of the Once Were Warriors DVD?

The bloke who was promised an Australian jersey at the direction of NSW faction Australian selectors with the specific intent of having him play Origin for NSW?

Anyway, it all worked out for the best in the end.

Queensland supporters are like Dragons supporters, they are no where to be seen when their team isn't playing well.

Most of the people I know up here don't follow footy for most of the season and only watch a handful of games, but come Origin time they are all experts and have watched every game of the season apparently

Daniel said:
Queensland supporters are like Dragons supporters, they are no where to be seen when their team isn't playing well.

the last time qld didn't play well, i don't think i was even a member of this site?

its hurts i know, but don't be a hater....lol!

Brookie said:
Sheikheagle said:
Did anyone else notice Nate "Freddy Flinstone" Miles deliberately lead with his head to knock out Farah. He and Smith were outstanding however they are also outstanding grubs. Smith used knees and elbows in every tackle.

yeah i did and it was great to see!
farah is a dirty diving milking jerk, it was only a matter of time before karma caught up with him and he actually copped a real knock, the best was when he tried to blame the touchie for being an absolute gimp when he dropped the ball cold... he wanted a penalty...lol!

and yes smith does use knees very subtly, but c'mon - EVERY tackle NSW made ended with an elbow in the eye socket or mad facial!

IMO if NSW concentrated more on actually playing footy, instead of these cattledog calls and trying to put Qld off their game, they may win a series. but it won't happen with gallen or sticky leading you!

More of the Queensland class on display to see !! A guy getting knocked out was great apparently

That crowd up there would probably boo a bloke off with a broken neck !!

you're a kiwi, your origin opinion don't mean sh*t here....

are you denying farah isn't a milking diving jerk?

It isn't my Origin opinion, it is the opinion of someone viewing the Queensland supporters from outside, am happy not to be one of them. Dave Taylor showed that typical New Queenszealander class last night as well at fulltime

I don't know Farah to comment on if he is a jerk, he has milked a few penalties over the years, doesn't change the fact booing a bloke who is out cold is an average act ...

sh#t and sheep go together. Only people who actually live in Australia should comment. No ring ins allowed. Go support your own country's team. :D

So what you are also saying there Darren is that unless you live in Manly, you shouldn't be commenting on anything to do with Manly as well ? Same theory champ

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10