• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Silly mistakes is all. Could have gone either way easily. I'll stay staunch with the Blues. Put Brett, Hayne and Sutton in that team, we'd have won by 12+. The Qlders may celebrate now, but their time is over. 3 - 0 to the Blues next year!!

Anthony Watmough is a dead set machine!! Bring on the Titans...that game tonight has sparked me. I think Manly are going to explode over the next few weeks and push hard for the title. Can't wait!

Again I ask as before the match. Whats Daley going to be employed as next year, He'll have plenty of time on his hands

mozgrame said:
Silly mistakes is all. Could have gone either way easily. I'll stay staunch with the Blues. Put Brett, Hayne and Sutton in that team, we'd have won by 12+. The Qlders may celebrate now, but their time is over. 3 - 0 to the Blues next year!!!

Bwahaha so how many in a row will that make it then?

niccipops said:
To celebrate SOO3 at school today we played teachers vs high school students, touch footy. I played in a full Snake outfit with my No.1 Manly jersey and too big Manly shorts. My loveheart socks and floral converse blended in quite well. I scored one no-try.
Teachers won 11-2.
Yes, I know. Big meanies.
Go the blues.

Pics! Or it didn't happen!!!!!!!

Adding my ill informed rant....

Qld are a very very good and clinical side. Never a panic about them.

I seem to be the only one in the galaxy that says at the 60th minute, Qld always lift.

63rd min....Qld try.

Qld 2 tries came from penalties. I thought we were unlucky not to get a penalty in the 60th min when one of our players was tackled without the ball, and the ball was ruled to be dropped. Next play, penalty for offside. Then try.

That said, we got a good go with the penalty count, even Wally was whining about it (no surprise).

NSW - left side attack. totally crap. Three times they lost the ball within the 10mtrs. No, not once, nor twice, but thrice!!!!!

Yeah yeah, Jennings is 'fast' though I'm yet to see it in origin as he never breaks tackles (like taufua would) nor can anyone seem to put him in a gap.

Terrible, terrible, left hand side.

Pearce, well he may get better but gee whillikers batman, nice late shoulder charge on qld's kicker. Were you surprised that led to a penalty? He was terrible but will be protected.

Nsw's attack when we were within 10-20 mtrs was flat and uninspired. Qld had depth, decoy runners, second man plays, the whole kit bag. Nsw all stood around hoping Man United would invite them to their soccer match.

McManus - nice knock on ya doofus! But played ok.
Dugan - maybe learn to pass, played ok but should've taken that pass from Fafita.

Farrah -That last kick was so terrible. At least kick the crap outta it so it's a sprint to the ball, not a chip kick to a guy who is already marked!!!!

Maybe that's the time he should've kicked downfield for Jennings so we could see his speed.

All in all I'm pretty disappointed. What's that, 4 series in this streak of Qld's 8 we've lost by 2 points or less?

This is one very good Qld dynasty and as Gus says, until we get some SOO type players, we're going to lose for awhile, or until about 5 of Qld's big guns retire.

Streaker - good yards, drew in a lot of defense but needs better ball security.

lismore_fan said:
Quality fullbacks - and Dugan ain't.
The difference between Brett & Dugan, Brett is a team player. He looks for breaks and linkages.

Dugan just wants to be a one-out star player.
Sure, he made some good runs tonight but overall, he wouldn't pass, wouldn't link and can't see past his own star quality.

A healthy Brett next year and he'll walk into the team.
There was one sweeping movement to the right when it got to Dugan and he hesitated to pass and the moment was lost. Anyone who's watched Manly's recent matches must have been thinking if Brett Stewart was playing the pass would have been made. Try? Who knows!

I agree with the vocal majority that our playmakers didn't stand up. Certainly for significant periods NSW was making ground, had momentum and field position ... but couldn't quite get there. Credit to Qld of course but ... Pearce off Pearce, on ya pony Maloney... NSW need more from their halves.

globaleagle said:
niccipops said:
To celebrate SOO3 at school today we played teachers vs high school students, touch footy. I played in a full Snake outfit with my No.1 Manly jersey and too big Manly shorts. My loveheart socks and floral converse blended in quite well. I scored one no-try.
Teachers won 11-2.
Yes, I know. Big meanies.
Go the blues.

Pics! Or it didn't happen!!!!!!!

Streaker - good yards, drew in a lot of defense but needs better ball security.

GE you doubt my sporting glory? I was very proud to wear my Brett Stewart gear in front of a whole Manly hating school. Fun:D There was a school photographer but unless there's a pic of me alone I can't publish anything featuring other teachers and of course students. I hope a really good looking moose rejects you for doubting me.

Lol at streaker comment. People used to think that guy was crazy but now they can clearly see his nuts.

The series was lost when Pearce was confirmed as the halfback for the series. The difference in the kicking game alone between Adam Reynolds and Pearce would have been enough for NSW to win the game.

NSW will not win a series with Pearce at halfback. He is not a big game player.

Disruptions from injury and suspension didn't help. Ferguson has a lot to answer for. He provided size, speed and strength and he badly let his team mates down with his behaviour. Ditto for Tamou, but I still don't get the fascination with Tamou.

Agree Pearce is hopeless, also woods is slow and ordinary. Wests can keep him, we dodged a bullet there I reckon.

Now that the farcical Daley love-in with pearce is over, we can get back to the real footy...luckily no manly injuries.

Av8r said:
mozgrame said:
Silly mistakes is all. Could have gone either way easily. I'll stay staunch with the Blues. Put Brett, Hayne and Sutton in that team, we'd have won by 12+. The Qlders may celebrate now, but their time is over. 3 - 0 to the Blues next year!!!

Bwahaha so how many in a row will that make it then?

niccipops said:
GE you doubt my sporting glory? I was very proud to wear my Brett Stewart gear in front of a whole Manly hating school. Fun:D

There was a school photographer but unless there's a pic of me alone I can't publish anything featuring other teachers and of course students. I hope a really good looking moose rejects you for doubting me.

Lol at streaker comment. People used to think that guy was crazy but now they can clearly see his nuts.

Oh I don't doubt your sporting glory but the image of that outfit was too good an opportunity to pass up seeing.

I understand what you're saying about the pics re other teachers and students......we had a few uggo's at our school too!

Also...plenty more moose in the sea! (though they're usually drowned.)

WESTIE said:
Now that the farcical Daley love-in with pearce is over, we can get back to the real footy...luckily no manly injuries.
I was so excited about SOO 3 I fell asleep at half time. Nothing to see here folks, normal service will resume Friday.

Moondog said:
I was so excited about SOO 3 I fell asleep at half time. Nothing to see here folks, normal service will resume Friday.
Help! Nothing normal up here. I'm surrounded by gloating Queenslanders. They identify with being a Queenslander ahead of being an Australian and I think they believe they won by 50. :rolleyes:
Adding to this ridiculousness I have to drive along Darren Lockyer way to get to the coast. It's never ending.

niccipops said:
They identify with being a Queenslander ahead of being an Australian

I've thought the same thing ever since the first time that I moved up here in 1989. It's like they treat QLD as a whole separate country itself outside of Australia.

Jethro said:
niccipops said:
They identify with being a Queenslander ahead of being an Australian

I've thought the same thing ever since the first time that I moved up here in 1989. It's like they treat QLD as a whole separate country itself outside of Australia.

vPyI6.gif

Haha! It's a Qld thing. You wouldn't understand!

Sorry Jeep. My Dad was born and raised in Lismore. Served in the Army and did two tours of Vietnam. The first cut short through wounding. The second because his mates were still there. Officers code apparently.

He loved Qld and her people!! No love for Victorians though. lol It's a funny old world. :)

mozgrame said:

Sorry Jeep. My Dad was born and raised in Lismore. Served in the Army and did two tours of Vietnam. The first cut short through wounding. The second because his mates were still there. Officers code apparently.

He loved Qld and her people!! No love for Victorians though. lol It's a funny old world. :)

Actually, you do see a lot of people being local first.

Over here, for example, when a canadian won that bronze swimming medal (aust got silver - wanker) the media goes:

1) - canadian won bronze!
2) British Colombian resident wins bronze!
3) Vancouver man wins bronze!
4) Mission boy done good (as that is where he was actually from, like carly rae jepson.

So I reckon most states do the whole state before country thing (even nsw). It sells papers!

Also, my family still runs a business in Lismore! We used to have 2.

Also also 2 huge thumbs up for your dad and his service! Respect!

@mozgrame

globaleagle said:
mozgrame said:

Actually, you do see a lot of people being local first.

Over here, for example, when a canadian won that bronze swimming medal (aust got silver - wanker) the media goes:

1) - canadian won bronze!
2) British Colombian resident wins bronze!
3) Vancouver man wins bronze!
4) Mission boy done good (as that is where he was actually from, like carly rae jepson.

So I reckon most states do the whole state before country thing (even nsw). It sells papers!

Also, my family still runs a business in Lismore! We used to have 2.

Also also 2 huge thumbs up for your dad and his service! Respect!

@mozgrame

Cheers GE. Once again you astound me with your brilliance. You and I both see through the BS rhetoric. lol :D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4