SOO Game III [2021] - Discussion thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Mate., if that makes.you feel bigger and better about yourself for 5 minutes, as I said, you do you bro.

Different things bring happiness to different people.

Like I say, you really showed me. Got me good. You should be proud of your comments if they gave you pleasure mate.

@:rolleyes:

Qld could have won and made it a clean sweep with Cherry making 50 tackles and having umpteen line break and try assists ... and the mob on the Gold Coast will still boo him even as the Qld captain holding the shield. Fact is they've hated him ever since the backflip.
Might have something to do with his 0 tries 0 try assists 0 linebreaks 0 linebreak assists. He isn't built for the origin arena, he had that one good game with slater thats it. Losing 76 to 6 in 2 games as captain and halfback alot falls on him. Munster was pretty average this series as well.

Geez I don't like Latrell Mitchell, and I dislike even more that some people would gravitate towards some racist reasoning behind not liking him - which is a cop-out and a pathetic branding exercise.

He's just a dirty player, a grub and a prick. He even owned it in the post-game interview - him and Dane Gagai are team-mates, but on the night they may as well be enemies. Tom and DCE are not fighting each other on the field. If I was a Souths supporter I would be mortified

However having said that....Mitchell deserved the player of the series, even with his very-close miss at the death there. Turbo could have wrapped the game with a little more Latrell Mitchell arrogance - dummy and run at the end there, Ponga commits to the intercept, turbo scores under the sticks. Mitchell was a standout in the series, with Turbo a very narrow second.

I am super-happy Mitchell is playing for NSW and not Qld, because as a Queenslander he would be unbearable.

Turbo getting the best-in-show isn't the Billy Slater-esque robbery of yester-year - but there is no doubting that Turbo fits a media-friendly mould, and they would be thrilled that a humble, likeable guy like Tom is a marketable NRL asset.

Mitchell can feel hard done by. Doesn't change the fact he is a prick and a grub.
When I thought about who would get the player of the series I guessed Mitchell or Tommy. Then I thought about Mitchell doing unsportsmanlike things that would cancel him out. Fair enough that Tommy got it imo.

Might have something to do with his 0 tries 0 try assists 0 linebreaks 0 linebreak assists. He isn't built for the origin arena, he had that one good game with slater thats it. Losing 76 to 6 in 2 games as captain and halfback alot falls on him. Munster was pretty average this series as well.

Doesn't help that Qld currently have a forward pack that would struggle to beat even the Tigpies.

Tonight wasn't won off the back of their forwards.

Where was it won?

Having an actual fullback rather than a winger who thinks he's one. Having a dummy half who while I admit he did play well, was let get away with forward passes that would do justice to an NFL Draft pick. And actually having a functioning backline which Cherry played a big part in getting quality ball.

NSW also didn't help their own cause. Tedesco stuffed their attack with his ball hog tactics, which in turn didn't help a crap pair of halves which in turn gave Turbo and Latrell not much in the way of quality ball.

Qld were more committed tonight and the Blues really missed their first choice halves. Simple as that.

When I thought about who would get the player of the series I guessed Mitchell or Tommy. Then I thought about Mitchell doing unsportsmanlike things that would cancel him out. Fair enough that Tommy got it imo.
I’d have given it to latrell. But whatever. Could have gone to three of them.

My 2 cents. The Moses and Wighton combo was never gonna work! I'd put money on it that of the series was tied there is no way he would have went with that halves pairing. Freddy wanted to see what Moses had in the origin arena and thought it fair that Koroisau got his debut.
Wighton is just a runner and not creative at all at 5/8 and Moses himself is more of a running half. Add Cook who is a runner and Teddy at the back who is a runner then its no wonder Blues looked clueless out there. If the series was on the line it would have been Reynolds with either Walker or Moses. In my opinion Wighton won't be in the team next year unless he becomes a lock!

Ever noticed how many times the underdog wins a dead rubber?
Happens far too often to be coincidence.
Just like cricket series, the SOO loses its interest if NSW sweeps the series.
Always bet on the underdog when a series is already decided.

Surely Turbo will be capable of playing for Manly on Friday. Hardly pushed his body. Just a training run.
Time to take him out of cotton wool. That's why he's is paid the big bucks.
I would hope would demand to play.

Ooooft some in this place are hard work

You liked a bullying comment (thus supporting it) in this very thread.

Then followed up with a comment / post like this , which really achieves nothing but fuelling the flame.

But " some in this place are hard work" according to you. Won't lie Disco, I get you're trying to have a sly little stab / jab at me (like you've done a lot to quite a few the past little while), but I'm definitely keeping good company if you know what I mean.

All I ask (as I did with our team selection debate), is you play the subject, not dig the man, but it appears beyond your means mate.

My 2 cents. The Moses and Wighton combo was never gonna work! I'd put money on it that of the series was tied there is no way he would have went with that halves pairing. Freddy wanted to see what Moses had in the origin arena and thought it fair that Koroisau got his debut.
Wighton is just a runner and not creative at all at 5/8 and Moses himself is more of a running half. Add Cook who is a runner and Teddy at the back who is a runner then its no wonder Blues looked clueless out there. If the series was on the line it would have been Reynolds with either Walker or Moses. In my opinion Wighton won't be in the team next year unless he becomes a lock!
What was on the line for NSW tonight was a historical 3 nil clean sweep
So Freddy selected the best halves in his opinion to win the series for him

Last edited:
Winning the series 3 nil would have been a great moral boost for NSW and also inflicting a phycological edge over QLD but NSW could not nail it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10