SOO Game III [2021] - Discussion thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Surely Turbo will be capable of playing for Manly on Friday. Hardly pushed his body. Just a training run.
Time to take him out of cotton wool. That's why he's is paid the big bucks.
I would hope would demand to play.
Screenshot_20210714-234347_Samsung Internet.jpg

Always the plan apparently

Wow, just got home. We didn’t win, but this was my daughters first Origin. Hard to believe considering she’s been to so many Manly games and GFs. She is a Qlder, so she was cheering her head off. We both were cheering when Tommy got the best player of the series. And I was sorta glad qld won, so they didn’t stick it to DCE.
The footage my daughter got after the game was priceless. Got a quick chat with Tommy. Then Fatty appears, so I’m talking to him. Asked him how we‘ll go against the Goons Friday night without Tommy, his answer (no bullshiit) was as long as Cherry plays we’ll smash ‘em.
A memorial night for my daughter and I.:h:

Might have something to do with his 0 tries 0 try assists 0 linebreaks 0 linebreak assists. He isn't built for the origin arena, he had that one good game with slater thats it. Losing 76 to 6 in 2 games as captain and halfback alot falls on him. Munster was pretty average this series as well.
Wow.
0 try assists - game 2 Feldt bombed two and there was another tonight I think.
0 line break assists - sent Ponga on his way for the gamebreaking try tonight.
Some are hard markers, his stats weren’t much different to Cleary’s over two games in a well beaten side.

The booing of DCE during the presentation was pretty piss poor! Fittler moaning about the referee. Complaining about the penalties & 6 agains. Johns commentary sounded like he was not with it……I guess his usual self. Tedesco got a 9 in the ratings lolololol. Munster 7.5, DCE 7??? Munster lauded whilst DCE was apparently average! Surprisingly James Hooper the only one to praise him! Oh well….

They don't come easy: Freddy's 'Blue-rinse' will have to wait​

Brad WalterNRL.com Senior ReporterTimestampWed 14 Jul 2021, 11:59 PM​

“What is it, two in 25 years now? They don’t come easy”.

NSW coach Brad Fittler could not hide his disappointment, and nor should he, after his side fell agonisingly short in their attempt to complete the first State of Origin “blue rinse” since 2000.

The Blues had won the opening two Origins so convincingly that many were questioning Queensland's culture but the fact the match came down to them relying on Latrell Mitchell to kick a 50-metre penalty goal to send the game into extra-time shows hard a clean sweep is to achieve.

Mitchell’s attempt dropped just in front of the goal post and the Maroons hung on to snatch a 20-18 win after losing 50-6 and 26-0 in the first two matches of an historic series in which all three matches were played on Queensland soil.

Despite the Maroons’ dominance from 2006 to 2017, in which they lost just one series, Queensland’s last clean sweep was in 2010 and the only other occasions they have achieved the feat were in 1988, 1989 and 1995.

The Blues last did it in 2000 when Fittler was the captain and Wayne Pearce the coach. Fittler was also captain when NSW achieved the feat in 1996 and Pearce skippered the only other Blues team to clean sweep an Origin series 10 years earlier.

“That’s whey they are hard,” Fittler lamented. “I thought Queensland had a lot of energy, and that was their best game of the series without a doubt.

“It is the nature of the beast and I would never want to change it. That’s the way it is and hopefully that’s the thing that spurs them on if we get another opportunity at it.”

After six weeks of unrelenting criticism of their performances, Queensland were a different team in Origin III and NSW may not get a better chance to complete an elusive “blue rinse”.

Kalyn Ponga, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, Xavier Coates, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, AJ Brimson and Moeaki Fotuaika are all under 23 years-of-age, as are injured hooker Harry Grant and suspended second-rower David Fifita, while teenagers Reece Walsh and Sam Walker are considered future Origin stars.
1626272669806.png

To'o was one of NSW best all series. That guy is very hard to stop.
Yep, and too think all the talk pre series was is ..we know he’s got the numbers but is he big enough for Origin.
Ah, that old chestnut was well and truly crushed.
Some huge plays defensively defusing kicks and was awesome with the ball, never took a backward step.

Lets hope so, his not a big game player, he kind of reminds me of Kevin Hastings.
Freddy and Johns always talk him up and I don’t get it, I know Johns takes a cheque from his club so that might have something to do with it and your 100% on the money Walker and Reynolds would of linked in perfectly. Fred what were you thinking!
Fittler said last week he owed Moses for helping get him the NSW gig apparently through their association with the Lebanon RL side, thought at the time it sounded a bit odd, I bet Reynolds and Walker would be pissed off if they heard that, it seemed to me listening to him that they never had a chance

Fittler said last week he owed Moses for helping get him the NSW gig apparently through their association with the Lebanon RL side, thought at the time it sounded a bit odd, I bet Reynolds and Walker would be pissed off if they heard that, it seemed to me listening to him that they never had a chance
Every coach has his favoutire and Trent had Lewis Brown

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10