SOO Game III [2021] - Discussion thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If you dummy and the fullback doesn't fall for it and you blow a try with 2 in support that is a fairly bad mistake. If your pass is knocked away by the fullback that is a bit unlucky.
Throwing the pass was the conventional, safer play.
I heard Gould saying Turbo should know that Ponga has done that before. So what!
I think it was just a big play by Ponga rather than a totally botched play by turbo.
Its easy when you are watching but to me when a full back is flat footed and starts moving one way you go the other. Not doubt if he had his time again Turbo would score under the posts. But that is footy I still have nightmares about decisions I made in park football decades ago. But a first grader's first instinct should be to pass to unmarked support and I am not critical of Tommy.

If you dummy and the fullback doesn't fall for it and you blow a try with 2 in support that is a fairly bad mistake. If your pass is knocked away by the fullback that is a bit unlucky.
I heard Gould saying Turbo should know that Ponga has done that before. So what!
I think it was just a big play by Ponga rather than a totally botched play by turbo.
But Jesus doesn’t Ponga love himself, he will be talked up by media for weeks now they will ease off Tommy. Ponga was lucky he was injured so he didn’t get made a fool of in the first 2 games. QLD were refereed back into that game to save Origin, it was clear he was going to over officiate to allow QLD to hold the reins and stop the momentum. It was a bludger of an origin match.

But Jesus doesn’t Ponga love himself, he will be talked up by media for weeks now they will ease off Tommy. Ponga was lucky he was injured so he didn’t get made a fool of in the first 2 games. QLD were refereed back into that game to save Origin, it was clear he was going to over officiate to allow QLD to hold the reins and stop the momentum. It was a bludger of an origin match.
It’s started

What was on the line for NSW tonight was a historical 3 nil clean sweep
So Freddy selected the best halves in his opinion to win the series for him
I respectfully disagree. It was even reported that hours before the announcement it was going to be Reynolds and Walker. Wighton has been bog average all year. There is no way he should have started 5/8

Last edited:
Congrats to the Queenslanders. Played with their usual passion and deserved the win.

Now we know how important Cleary and Luai are to the Blues.

Every so often Hunt just has one of those games. Let's hope he doesn't have another one for at least a week.

Geez I don't like Latrell Mitchell, and I dislike even more that some people would gravitate towards some racist reasoning behind not liking him - which is a cop-out and a pathetic branding exercise.

He's just a dirty player, a grub and a prick. He even owned it in the post-game interview - him and Dane Gagai are team-mates, but on the night they may as well be enemies. Tom and DCE are not fighting each other on the field. If I was a Souths supporter I would be mortified

However having said that....Mitchell deserved the player of the series, even with his very-close miss at the death there. Turbo could have wrapped the game with a little more Latrell Mitchell arrogance - dummy and run at the end there, Ponga commits to the intercept, turbo scores under the sticks. Mitchell was a standout in the series, with Turbo a very narrow second.

I am super-happy Mitchell is playing for NSW and not Qld, because as a Queenslander he would be unbearable.

Turbo getting the best-in-show isn't the Billy Slater-esque robbery of yester-year - but there is no doubting that Turbo fits a media-friendly mould, and they would be thrilled that a humble, likeable guy like Tom is a marketable NRL asset.

Mitchell can feel hard done by. Doesn't change the fact he is a prick and a grub.
As someone alluded to earlier... may have been a best & fairest award...
That would rule out Latrelle

100%, the press will be saying he's now the #1 player in the NRL.

That inexcusable loss lays at the feet of Fittler and the selectors. Who the fuk could possibly think that cat Moses and an average Wighton is better than Reynolds/Walker in current form. They just blew a whitewash and the chance to throw Qld into years of the doldrums. Now they've let them off the hook. Fuking unbelievable incompetence.

That inexcusable loss lays at the feet of Fittler and the selectors. Who the fuk could possibly think that cat Moses and an average Wighton is better than Reynolds/Walker in current form. They just blew a whitewash and the chance to throw Qld into years of the doldrums. Now they've let them off the hook. Fuking unbelievable incompetence.
Couldn’t of said it better

My 9yr old loves Ponga and has a knights jersey number 1. My 11yr old loves Manly and has a Turbo jersey. I sit back on the deck on the Sat or Sun arvo and watch the game unfold with a beer in hand. Ponga usually outscores Turbo in these contests. But Ponga usually also leaves the game in tears after Turbo puts a big hit on him.

My 9yr old loves Ponga and has a knights jersey number 1. My 11yr old loves Manly and has a Turbo jersey. I sit back on the deck on the Sat or Sun arvo and watch the game unfold with a beer in hand. Ponga usually outscores Turbo in these contests. But Ponga usually also leaves the game in tears after Turbo puts a big hit on him.
Can I also clarify my youngest doesn’t have a Nike tattoo. Lol

That inexcusable loss lays at the feet of Fittler and the selectors.
At least take comfort, Mick. Freddy is practising forehead palming, whilst yelling 'STUPID' at the mirror.
1626308008427.png

Indeed. And if you watch the replay just as Tom breaks the line Tom has to take his eyes off the fullback to make sure he is clear of a cover defender who is only inches away from tackling him from the side, and it is in this instant that Ponga makes his move. It's just good play by Ponga and I don't know why more fullbacks don't try this tactic.

Actually I do know why.... cause the one time they dummy around you get called a goose and the 45 times you stand there like a pot plant and the attacker draws and passes around you for a try people say nothing.

Fair play to Ponga - great player & this was a smart play.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10