SOO Game III [2021] - Discussion thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Dragons have the best looking side with 12 suspended that I have ever seen. Absolute joke the NRL is letting them play their best players, makes a mockery of the pretend outrage.
If it were Manly we would have no choice but to forfeit, the nrl is even allowing these grubs to sign a Warriors forward on a short term contract to help them through this period, it's a total fkn joke, can't wait to see the multiple 6 agains and penalties against us tomorrow night just to help them over the line, the Bulldogs must be feeling a bit miffed sitting back and watching this unfold

That inexcusable loss lays at the feet of Fittler and the selectors. Who the fuk could possibly think that cat Moses and an average Wighton is better than Reynolds/Walker in current form. They just blew a whitewash and the chance to throw Qld into years of the doldrums. Now they've let them off the hook. Fuking unbelievable incompetence.

Na, Freddy has played it beautifully

You ever play cricket ? You’re batting and a **** bowler comes on, you don’t go ballistic first over, you milk him for 10 then flog the next over

Now they get another year of Paul Green at the helm

Let’s see if the media crucify Moses the way they did DCE… bet they don’t.

SMH is sticking to the script. Apparently DCE was the worst half on the field. They must have been watching a different game to me.

No mention of:
1. Wighton kicking well dead when NSW had the upper hand;
2. Munster kicking out on the full by 1m, giving NSW the opportunity to win the match;
3. Moses doing nothing in attack when Munster gave NSW the opportunity to win the match; or
4. DCE's kick that JAC dropped, which led to the matchwinner (or his pass that put Ponga away for a break).

Personally I thought they were just about the most important moments in the match.

Jack Wighton: 7/10
FIVE-EIGHTH
Scored a try and took pressure off Mitchell Moses by sharing the kicking duties, although did concede a couple of seven-tackle sets.

Mitchell Moses: 6.5/10
HALFBACK
The Blues looked disjointed at times without Nathan Cleary. Can Moses stand up in big games? Solid, but didn't provide a definitive answer.

Cameron Munster: 6.5/10
FIVE-EIGHTH
Played a role in Queensland’s opening try and provided sharp service but an underwhelming series compared to 2020.

Daly Cherry-Evans: 6/10
HALFBACK
Took more of a back seat to Munster and Ponga. Kicking game sound but got muddled up in a bad defensive read in the lead-up to Wighton try. A win’s a win though.

SMH is sticking to the script. Apparently DCE was the worst half on the field. They must have been watching a different game to me.

No mention of:
1. Wighton kicking well dead when NSW had the upper hand;
2. Munster kicking out on the full by 1m, giving NSW the opportunity to win the match;
3. Moses doing nothing in attack when Munster gave NSW the opportunity to win the match; or
4. DCE's kick that JAC dropped, which led to the matchwinner (or his pass that put Ponga away for a break).

Personally I thought they were just about the most important moments in the match.

Jack Wighton: 7/10
FIVE-EIGHTH
Scored a try and took pressure off Mitchell Moses by sharing the kicking duties, although did concede a couple of seven-tackle sets.

Mitchell Moses: 6.5/10
HALFBACK
The Blues looked disjointed at times without Nathan Cleary. Can Moses stand up in big games? Solid, but didn't provide a definitive answer.

Cameron Munster: 6.5/10
FIVE-EIGHTH
Played a role in Queensland’s opening try and provided sharp service but an underwhelming series compared to 2020.

Daly Cherry-Evans: 6/10
HALFBACK
Took more of a back seat to Munster and Ponga. Kicking game sound but got muddled up in a bad defensive read in the lead-up to Wighton try. A win’s a win though.

That paragraph about DCE taking a back seat is such a joke and laughable really, he in my mind was man of the match , DCE had a very strong and controlled game.

Thank f* the crate of orange's is over with no damage to our top 2 players. Personally I would be happy if the thing was scrapped all together.
Now we will just have to put up with Channel 9 talking about who will be playing in SOO or human interest stories about SOO for the hext 12 months.

Well, what a bizarre game to watch.

It took all day before I could see it and what a waste of a self imposed media black-out.

So who told Tedesco that his tactic tonight should be that whichever way he is running when he gets the ball... he must stutter to a stop, turn around and run the opposite way? It got hilarious after the 30th time.

nsw didn't want to use their backline? Just to run as forwards? A lot less backing up this time?

I mean sutton stuck to his script of "whenever qld are 20 mtrs or less out, keep giving 6 agains until they score or stuff it up" - the least nsw could have done was to play similar to the first two games.

Ok, I'm happy to give the 2 heads the dead rubber every year if nsw win the first two... but nsw should at least look something like a footy team.

Seems like no manly injuries, good - turbs and daly can both back up. They should be fresh enough.

I respectfully disagree. It was even reported that hours before the announcement it was going to be Reynolds and Walker. Wighton has been bog average all year. There is no way he should have started 5/8
Not according to Freddy . He was quoted as saying after the game that he backed his decision in the haves he chose to win him the series 3 nil

Never the less with Moses and Wighton NSW were still hot favourites to win and the NSW feathered friend supporters on here were celebrating a 3 nil win before the game had started

*And as usual QLD rose above adversity and screwed NSW once again *.

What bemused me is players like whighton who have experience at centre, when playing 5/8 cannot figure out that the centre cannot get the ball unless you pass it to them.
Yep, and I can't believe the Qld defence fell his dummy when he scored, as if he'd ever throw a cut out pass to his winger.

Where was it won?

Just to add BTW ... don't get me wrong at all, the Qld pack were better last night than they had been in either of the first two games. But the truth is that with Ponga at #1, Holmes back on the wing where he belonged and an actual centre and not an out of position back rower, their backline finally had some potency to it. That coupled with a NSW selection blunder of picking Moses and Wighton as the halves over Reynolds and Walker (who would IMO have worked better with Cook at dummy half) saw the game go Qld's way.

I honestly think if it had still been Cleary and Luai in the halves, NSW win last night. And I think that they would have had a much better chance with the Souffs duo rather than a flat track bully like Moses, and a completely out of form Wighton (think about this ... the 2020 Dally M Medal winner has not polled one single known Dally M vote in 2021).

There were a lot of reasons that NSW lost last night ... and frankly Fittler needs to own up that a number of those were of their own doing.

Sydney is over priced , Over crowded , over stressed and over rated

I'm gonna cop flack for this in here but to coin a phrase ... stiff $hit :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

THE greatest city in the world is.....

Attachments

• Adelaide 002.jpg
    Adelaide 002.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 10
I've been to Sydney. I've got relatives who live in Sydney (mostly on the Northern Beaches). My dad was born in Sydney (Marrickville). I've been to Sydney many times in my life. I think its a great place.....

To visit :rofl: :rofl:
I have lived in Sydney for years and it has changed for the worst IMO

It is all about value living and Sydney is over priced and over rated

The coast and the country is the place to be

Sing with me feathered friend ...

The coast and country is the place to be
That is the great life for me
Land spreading ' out so far and wide
You can Keep Sydney just give me that countryside

If you dummy and the fullback doesn't fall for it and you blow a try with 2 in support that is a fairly bad mistake. If your pass is knocked away by the fullback that is a bit unlucky.
Throwing the pass was the conventional, safer play.
I heard Gould saying Turbo should know that Ponga has done that before. So what!
I think it was just a big play by Ponga rather than a totally botched play by turbo.

The interesting thing about that play was that it mirrored a play from the 1994 Kangaroo Tour and the first Ashes test at Wembley which actually involved Brad Fittler.

Fittler made a break close to the Great Britain line and only had fullback Johnathan Davies to beat. Fittler passed the ball to Allan Langer in support, but Davies had made the decision to tackle the Aussie halfback and the play died. Fittler, realising that if he had dummied he would have scored untouched under the posts (he was 5 metres out and the nearest Pom was 3 metres back), threw his arms up in despair.

Australia lost 4-8 that day. If Fittler had scored under the posts, even Meninga on a bad day could have kicked that goal.....things might have been different. Same as last night. Turbo dummies, he scores under the posts and likely NSW win. But in that situation with defense converging, the pass was the right call. Just unlucky that Ponga, like Davies in 1994, made a lucky correct call.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10