SOO Game III [2021] - Discussion thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I have lived in Sydney for years and it has changed for the worst IMO

It is all about value living and Sydney is over priced and over rated

The coast and the country is the place to be

Sing with me feathered friend ...

The coast and country is the place to be
That is the great life for me
Land spreading ' out so far and wide
You can Keep Sydney just give me that countryside

Er ... no. The last time I sang the cat started strangling itself and told me to turn it up.

I have lived in Sydney for years and it has changed for the worst IMO

It is all about value living and Sydney is over priced and over rated

The coast and the country is the place to be
You do realise you can live in Sydney by the coast, don't you?
It's called The Northern Beaches.

Just to add BTW ... don't get me wrong at all, the Qld pack were better last night than they had been in either of the first two games. But the truth is that with Ponga at #1, Holmes back on the wing where he belonged and an actual centre and not an out of position back rower, their backline finally had some potency to it. That coupled with a NSW selection blunder of picking Moses and Wighton as the halves over Reynolds and Walker (who would IMO have worked better with Cook at dummy half) saw the game go Qld's way.

I honestly think if it had still been Cleary and Luai in the halves, NSW win last night. And I think that they would have had a much better chance with the Souffs duo rather than a flat track bully like Moses, and a completely out of form Wighton (think about this ... the 2020 Dally M Medal winner has not polled one single known Dally M vote in 2021).

There were a lot of reasons that NSW lost last night ... and frankly Fittler needs to own up that a number of those were of their own doing.
Wighton 0 dally m points wow! He has been bad this year and Moses has been just ok. Freddy isn't a good coach in my opinion he like mal meninga has the best team. A good coach would of won 3 zip

For all those thinking Turbo should have dummied. This picture shows exactly why he threw the pass. That "block" by Ponga was just freakish at full speed! Click the image and it is clearer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210715-152135_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210715-152135_Facebook.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 36
Basically, Qld won because NSW were cr&p. NSW couldn't overcome the loss of their star halves. Qld would be in the same boat if they played without DCE & Munster.
we lost because our two halves came from teams that play most of their footy through the middle. Two teams with big forwards that roll through. That is why Moses kept throwing predictable inside balls waiting for a forward to run a line and hope they would get through. When you have the outside backs that NSW has, thats just silly you are going away from your game breaking talent and hoping the engine room does enough. Tommy must have had his roaming license taken off him because he stayed pegged to the right. When he finally tried to come into the middle he had immediate impact but it was too late.

The QLD defense was geared towards pushing us back in on ourselves and into the middle as well. We played right into their hands. Tedesco for some reason decided the best way to go forward was to take 10 steps back and another 5 sideways then 3 steps forward. We completely played away from our talent and our strike weapons. For mine the fault lays squarely on the shoulders of the halves, they didnt lay a platform and had no idea how to look for the talent in our side.

Lui and Cleary whilst both head and shoulders above these two, combine well, combine well with our talent and get the ball in the hands of the right people at the right time, they also know when to run the footy or when they are the right ones to hold it.

Moses was absolute rubbish and shouldn't be allowed to look at a blues jersey and parra wont win a comp if that is their best option

Wighton 0 dally m points wow! He has been bad this year and Moses has been just ok. Freddy isn't a good coach in my opinion he like mal meninga has the best team. A good coach would of won 3 zip

Well, none were recorded in his name in the time they were published each week. Since then he might have some, who knows? Doubtful the way the Raiders have been playing (and of course he didn't play against us so no points there).

Has that ever happened before? A Dally M Medal winner fails to poll a point in the next year?

I can’t believe no one has pointed out that Christian Welch touched the ball in an offside position after Turbo’s pass was knocked down by Ponga. Should have been a penalty around 30 metres out and just off centre which Mitchell would have kicked to tie up the game at 20 all.

we lost because our two halves came from teams that play most of their footy through the middle. Two teams with big forwards that roll through. That is why Moses kept throwing predictable inside balls waiting for a forward to run a line and hope they would get through. When you have the outside backs that NSW has, thats just silly you are going away from your game breaking talent and hoping the engine room does enough. Tommy must have had his roaming license taken off him because he stayed pegged to the right. When he finally tried to come into the middle he had immediate impact but it was too late.

The QLD defense was geared towards pushing us back in on ourselves and into the middle as well. We played right into their hands. Tedesco for some reason decided the best way to go forward was to take 10 steps back and another 5 sideways then 3 steps forward. We completely played away from our talent and our strike weapons. For mine the fault lays squarely on the shoulders of the halves, they didnt lay a platform and had no idea how to look for the talent in our side.

Lui and Cleary whilst both head and shoulders above these two, combine well, combine well with our talent and get the ball in the hands of the right people at the right time, they also know when to run the footy or when they are the right ones to hold it.

Moses was absolute rubbish and shouldn't be allowed to look at a blues jersey and parra wont win a comp if that is their best option
Summed it up near perfectly, the only thing I would add is Freddy needs to share the blame, he agreed to play those halves, Walker is on fire at the moment and most definitely would have deliver ball to our strike and been a far greater strike himself, Reynolds would not have given away 2 seven set restarts and both would of linked with Cooks, Mitchell and Murray’s game, just dumb as running the way Freddy did and he defended his decision on the back of it.
Funny thing is he also made mention of the limited opportunities Mitchell had, but didn’t link it to his halves, he could have had the whole rabbits spine in the side, albeit Mitchell playing out of position, again dumb as.

If you watch the replay it all happened in a sit second.
It did, i agree, but when you have the freaky talent of Tom and Teddy as the support runner, our boy could of thrown it and Teddy would more than likely have run onto it and held it, especially given papalii was the inside chaser, but thats hindsight and I‘m not criticising what happened, it’s just a shame it didn’t result in a try and a blue clean sweep, would of been sweet to steel it off them like they so often did to us.

It did, i agree, but when you have the freaky talent of Tom and Teddy as the support runner, our boy could of thrown it and Teddy would more than likely have run onto it and held it, especially given papalii was the inside chaser, but thats hindsight and I‘m not criticising what happened, it’s just a shame it didn’t result in a try and a blue clean sweep, would of been sweet to steel it off them like they so often did to us.
I dont think Turbo even realised Teddy was there until the last split second. Very unfortunate as it would have been something special.

Basically, Qld won because NSW were cr&p. NSW couldn't overcome the loss of their star halves. Qld would be in the same boat if they played without DCE & Munster.
The fact is QLD had players out
The fact is that The over all stronger looking team on paper the nsw paper soldiers were favoutites to win the game and they failed to do so

The fact is QLD had players out
The fact is that The over all stronger looking team on paper the nsw paper soldiers were favoutites to win the game and they failed to do so
NSW had four top line players out.

On paper, QLD had a stronger & more creative spine (Ponga, Munster, DCE, Hunt) than NSW (Tedesco, Wighton, Moses, Cook). It was QLD's superiority in this respect that was the difference between the two sides.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10