SOO INJURY CURSE STRIKES. Tom probably out for season. Is Manly’s NRL season toast?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It’s a shame Tommy played origin this year. Wisdom would have seen him sit it out this year. Probably wouldn’t have made any difference bad luck is bad luck. I feel for Tom he must be shattered.
[/

He continues to receive his big money. He continues to be excused for his ongoing injury toll. He continues to place SOO as a priority over his club. Common sense would have seen him sit out SOO this year, but his ego wouldn’t allow it. Now, we again suffer.

Tommy is from now on known as Pinto. You know it’s closer to the truth as much as you hate it.

Play Toby at FB for the rest of the season and in the meantime sign Blake Taafe for next season who is playing NSW Cup behind Latrell.
I think Taffe is in South's top team this week at FB.....I like the RTS idea, but I am feeling it's unlikely and another bomb out season

Everyone bagging Weekes he may have a blinder this weekend. Now that he knows the position is his to lose for rest of the season rather than a temporary role he may play really well.
His to lose? If Parker is right, I’d imagine it’s Reubs straight back to fb and Parker to Centre. Weekes confidence is totally shot. How is he suppose to direct our defensive line around?

Look, we were not going to make the 8 anyway.

Manly have too many lazy oafs who care more about themselves and in some cases their culture than the team the team who pays them a wonderful salary and has a distinctive history.

I can’t think of anything else to say. I hope it makes the rest of this bloody mob take a serious look at themselves and the b&ll**** they put out, but I seriously doubt it, and that makes me sad, not his injury.

NYEagle

Seriously we need to stop dwelling on Turbo and start blooding some BWSE players that are hungry and more importantly theyve been winning.
We've got too many regular starters that are so used to Turbo doing the heavy lifting, that they give up before the ball is kicked when he is out of the team.
Blood some BWSE players and they wont give 2 f--cks if Turbo is in the team or not.

Always wondered about that. In the 3/4 line you have big mobile edge backbones and opposition centres running at up all game.

Fullback seems to be yhe safest spot on the park. Look at Ponga. Almost toast in the head Dept and rushed back to FB as protection.
We are talking about a guy who - according to his own version of events - injured himself in the shower after he apparently didn't injure himself racing Neville Nobody down Manly Corso. When you are that injury prone, it doesn't matter where you play. Centre, fullback, wing, ball boy - they are all equally dangerous positions on a footy field for Tom.

And yet if he can stay on the filed, he's one of the best players in the game. So what are you going to do? Are you really going to ask him to consider another career? Would you really be happy watching him, and probably his brothers, carving it up for another NRL team?

Rugby league is always a risk. All we can do is hope there's a reward somewhere down the line.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8