SOO INJURY CURSE STRIKES. Tom probably out for season. Is Manly’s NRL season toast?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Look, I really get everyone’s disappointment. I watched it happen and hoped that I’d dozed off and dreamt it, but I didn’t.
I’m holding on to the hope that he’ll have an injury free run over two or three seasons and we get a premiership out of it. But he’s running out of chances with me. I reckon I’m only going to give him 3 more after this.
Seriously… if he at least made the gesture to drop SOO and focus on Manly, I’d be giving him get out of jail cards left right and centre… but the cock decided to go for personal glory and **** his team. Harsh and I do not feel comfortable saying it… nevertheless…

Manly blown out to $4.00 to just make the 8.

Seems the house has already decided how this will go. Anyone care to take them on?.

I know we have sunk more than $1M into Turbo, but how much is Penn paying in total for this squad of pea-hearts who are 1 point outside the 8 and written off with 10’roujds to go because one player goes down?.

There is something very wrong with how people spend their money.

NYEagle

Seriously… if he at least made the gesture to drop SOO and focus on Manly, I’d be giving him get out of jail cards left right and centre… but the cock decided to go for personal glory and **** his team. Harsh and I do not feel comfortable saying it… nevertheless…
To be honest, I’d really like to see that happen next year at least.

obviously he didn’t intentionally get injured - what a ridiculous thing to infer from my statement.

Yes his injury wasn’t intentional - but regardless of intent, the repercussions are such that Manly can no longer contend for the premiership. Probably not even the top 8. The point he is negligent not to acknowledge the fact that his body cannot cope with the pressures of both NRL and Origin, yet he still opts to play for origin despite the obvious risks.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he did it on purpose just to derail Manly's season such is his hate for the club. I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous statement.

Love turbo but boy he has bad luck. He is a liability , his injuries cause major disruption to our team, it's time to think about life without him not by want but by must.

Oh and for anyone who thinks moving Turbo to centre at Manly would save him from further injury.

There you go......

We should never let Turbo leave, him and his family are heart and soul of the club. However out of respect for the club he needs to let us renegotiate his contract value and shave off 500k per season for this year and the next. This would allow us to sign a genuine strike outside back as cover. I feel sorry for him but 700k per season is plenty for him to rehabilitate himself then after he strings an injury free season together we bump it back up. What scares me to death is the idea of him leaving and signing elsewhere and killing it injury free like Gutho has after we paid millions for him to sit watching on injured. Tom needs to initiate it though if he cares about our success because we will never win paying him that much for 10 games per season.

We should never let Turbo leave, him and his family are heart and soul of the club. However out of respect for the club he needs to let us renegotiate his contract value and shave off 500k per season for this year and the next. This would allow us to sign a genuine strike outside back as cover. I feel sorry for him but 700k per season is plenty for him to rehabilitate himself then after he strings an injury free season together we bump it back up. What scares me to death is the idea of him leaving and signing elsewhere and killing it injury free like Gutho has after we paid millions for him to sit watching on injured. Tom needs to initiate it though if he cares about our success because we will never win paying him that much for 10 games per season.
Even if Tom agreed to a pay cut, I can't see the NRL ever approving it...

obviously he didn’t intentionally get injured - what a ridiculous thing to infer from my statement.

Yes his injury wasn’t intentional - but regardless of intent, the repercussions are such that Manly can no longer contend for the premiership. Probably not even the top 8. The point he is negligent not to acknowledge the fact that his body cannot cope with the pressures of both NRL and Origin, yet he still opts to play for origin despite the obvious risks.
Has he had a pec injury before? He can't be wrapped in cotton wool. The best players should play rep football, I would agree he shouldn't have been playing for NSW because he hasn't been one of the best players this year though

I'm seriously ****ing annoyed by this.

It's bad enough the most brutal games of league are played mid season where injuries are going to happen. I think someone spoke about about end of year games and internationals so I wont repeat that good long term idea.

Yes, he "doesn't go out to get injured" - what player does? But he finally gets himself fit and then willingly puts his hand up for the toughest games, without a number of hard team games under his belt.

He should not have been playing this series.

I can handle injuries even though the 400 hammy and 1 (now 2) pec tears are getting beyond a joke.

I can't even really get my thoughts coherent so...

It's a rubbish return he is giving Manly. 8 years he's been contracted yet "weeee I'm off to play origin and for aust even though I'll probably get injured"

Have a thought for your family, employer and fans. We've had Jake almost in tears telling us how hard tom rehabs and trains to get right. Well.... big deal. Tom is happy to throw his ferrari body into a off-road race and go 'wah wah I got injured again!'

I rarely, if ever, bag players as to get to the highest level is incredibly hard, but this guy is beginning to feel selfish.

Schu didn't play for his country to get fit, tom gladly goes into the cauldron of origin with a few games under his belt.

Yeah, hopefully the club is helping him mentally - but you know how he can avoid the stress? Not throw himself into super tough games immediately.

He owes so many debts to so many - but the modern footballer just doesn't give a smeg about repaying.

16 other clubs manage to survive without tom, I don't see why we have to pick up the tab so he can play 11 games a year to entertain the nrl.

In case you missed it, I'm very annoyed.

I'm sure most of these thoughts have already been said in this thread (sorry) but hey...I didn't start a new thread! Also if I read through the 12 pages my head would explode.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10