SOO INJURY CURSE STRIKES. Tom probably out for season. Is Manly’s NRL season toast?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
what a **** thread. He got injured in the 3rd minute. How does he cost NSW the game. FFS.

Narcissism plus . it hurts our chances for sure but the selfish attitude and anger about how this affects you is just a really ugly trait

dude is injured, probably depressed, discuss our chances for sure but wow. Tom saved us in 2021. Its not happening again. We need to spead the load more rather than hoping for one player to define our season year after year . That is the bigger issue we have. The team has built a reliance on tom and that has been ugly too

The system sucks, its sad , and in reality our season that was done, is now dusted but calling a player selfish for playing rep footy because it cost you your footy pride and tips is something you need to look at

fatty vautin said it best

give yourself an uppercut, maybe several

what a **** thread. He got injured in the 3rd minute. How does he cost NSW the game. FFS.

Narcissism plus . it hurts our chances for sure but the selfish attitude and anger about how this affects you is just a really ugly trait

dude is injured, probably depressed, discuss our chances for sure but wow. Tom saved us in 2021. Its not happening again. We need to spead the load more rather than hoping for one player to define our season year after year . That is the bigger issue we have. The team has built a reliance on tom and that has been ugly too

The system sucks, its sad , and in reality our season that was done, is now dusted but calling a player selfish for playing rep footy because it cost you your footy pride and tips is something you need to look at

Got to agree. The Trbojevic's bleed Manly. Tom may not be as obvious as Jake with his passion but he'll be seriously down about this, especially feeling like he's let the club down. Everyone needs to get off his back and just wish him well with his recovery

We should never let Turbo leave, him and his family are heart and soul of the club. However out of respect for the club he needs to let us renegotiate his contract value and shave off 500k per season for this year and the next. This would allow us to sign a genuine strike outside back as cover. I feel sorry for him but 700k per season is plenty for him to rehabilitate himself then after he strings an injury free season together we bump it back up. What scares me to death is the idea of him leaving and signing elsewhere and killing it injury free like Gutho has after we paid millions for him to sit watching on injured. Tom needs to initiate it though if he cares about our success because we will never win paying him that much for 10 games per season.

Unfortunately the NRL would never allow him to take that much of a pay cut. When fit his value is deemed too high for even $700,000 to be enough.

Is it any different to how the players treat the fans of the club? They allow their snake oil agents to agitate for more money and ride over the fan interest.
For me they are professionals and there is a balance between what they ask for and what the clubs give

considering the amount of injuries he has had you have to wonder about not only his mental state but the quality of his life post playing.

In terms of how he treats the fans of the club it is frustrating that he got injured in a game that was not for us - I think this was the first time it had happened ? All other injuries were at club level ?

How about compassion for the fans who support this club over a much longer timeline than most of these poor players? Players are quick to hand it over to their managers to squeeze us for as much as they can get… no empathy for the fans there…

Why does there have to be a choice? I hate that it happened - my son and I were beyond gutted at the impact to our season.

Not sure why this would stop people for feeling for turbo whose body (not by his choice or lack of prep) is failing him

Who changed the thread title overnight?

While I'm not averse to a better Title than the one I started 'There goes our season' this one is Sh1T. It may as well be written by Buzz at the DT. Can whoever changed it do everyone a favor and get rid of the sensational parts?

How about 'SOO curse destroys season as Turbo Injured again'.....

can I make the point this is NOT the thread title i started.

One of the MODS has changed it overnight and it's really not cool. Yes we are all devastated and yes he shouldn't have been playing given his recent form but he didn't lose NSW Origin. they did that all by themselves.

Please amend ASAP.

Actually, I just changed it myself. who was full of beer last night and changed the original title in a fit of rage?

Something to think about
In the last 5 seasons there has been round 126 games..out of those tom has

71 games paid for being injured tom
55 games played for us
In those 55 games 18 of those were worth the coin he is on and even with him being on fire in 21 he couldn’t get us to the gf

We should never let Turbo leave, him and his family are heart and soul of the club. However out of respect for the club he needs to let us renegotiate his contract value and shave off 500k per season for this year and the next. This would allow us to sign a genuine strike outside back as cover. I feel sorry for him but 700k per season is plenty for him to rehabilitate himself then after he strings an injury free season together we bump it back up. What scares me to death is the idea of him leaving and signing elsewhere and killing it injury free like Gutho has after we paid millions for him to sit watching on injured. Tom needs to initiate it though if he cares about our success because we will never win paying him that much for 10 games per season.
Totally agree with this. Not sure he’s able to renegotiate his existing contract though. Would the NRL approve that? If not his next contract should be half price to pay us back. I think he is a decent person and genuinely cares about the club, and I can’t blame him for wanting to play Origin. He has suffered more than anyone with these injuries, but there needs to be an acknowledgement from him at some point that Manly have suffered enormously too and he must make that right.

And for the record Toms matcahed for Manly.

eamSeasonAppTGGK %FGPtsWLDWin %

ManlyNRL 201598--3254055.56%List
ManlyNRL 20162310--40815034.78%List
ManlyNRL 20172312--481211052.17%List
ManlyNRL 2018229--36715031.82%List
ManlyNRL 2019125--20102083.33%List
ManlyNRL 202074--1643057.14%List
ManlyNRL 20211828--112135072.22%List
ManlyNRL 202272--834042.86%List
ManlyNRL 20231110--4064154.55%List
Overall2015-202313288003526863151.52%List
This is damning. 55 games in 5 years does not a 1.2M player make.

Not bagging Tom he's a great player when hes available but at this point its damaging the rest of the club for the better part of half a decade.

Hard discussions need to be made about, at the bare minimum, a pay cut.

Some real petulant behaviour in here, I think we all need to take a collective deep breath.

In life and footy, some things are just #$%@. Bad things happen!

I'm devastated and annoyed, but there is nobody to blame!

This is not a workload injury, Tom got injured in Origin, not because he played Origin.

Its not NSW fault, not Freddy's fault, not Manly's fault and not Tom's fault.

Crap things just happen. Deal with it and stop looking to lash out like an overtired toddler

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8