SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Reading this it's like all jake and J.a.c don't exist and good ole freddy is the king of pick n stick.

Brad Fittler makes no apologies for picking and sticking with players who have done a job for him in the past four years, which is why there will be few surprises when he unveils his first Origin squad on Sunday night.
Fittler said that if ever there was a time to stay loyal, it was this year because of the renewed enthusiasm north of the border following the appointment of coach Billy Slater

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Seriously mick, you're losing the plot.
  1. If you can't find a hooker, you ain't looking hard enough. I could find one that would fit under your salary cap.
  2. What's wrong with a Labrador. They are loyal, they are fearsome, and if you hurt one of their own they would kill you. We should embrace that.
  3. Calling our Captain a Goose insinuates he's good in water, we are hopeless when it's wet, yeah I get sometimes in dry too....
  4. Porcelain bench ornaments. Fair dinkum the Chinese have insured the Terracotta Soldiers for $4BIl US $'s. Shouldn't we?
  5. Don't get the cornrows? Just saying...
  6. Other teams other than the Rooters, The Scum, the Donkeys, we all have the same cap, we just need to deal with it.
  7. God won't help us, he hates Manly too. As does everyone else.
There you go.... a Sunday reality check. Plus I have had a couple of Shiraz's tonight.
Post of the year.

Imagine what you could write when sober?

conanu

Bencher
Can’t believe Kite never got picked, wish we had someone like him in our squad now
Sorry I should have been more specific, it was one particular year 2008, where a few weeks earlier Kitey was playing for Australia in the Anzac test and then they left him out of the NSW squad, didn't get a run in any of the 3 games, they chose Willie Mason, Craig Fitzgibbon, Ben Cross and Brett White as their front rowers. Needless to say NSW lost AGAIN and Kitey went on to win the 2008 GF 40-0 and he got the Clive Churchill medal for best player. He most definitely played for NSW though before that.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I predicted this and was laughed out of the house BUT of course not official as yet.

If so it’s a fair fall from grace.
You sure did.

I thought Mark has lost his marbles, Jake will be first man in.

Happy to say Marks thought patterns are fine, if being aligned with Fittler and John's equals fine, which we will see in a week or so.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Poor Jake but the upshot is its good for us. Freddie will (rightly so) pick players from in-form teams and we ain't one of them.

So how did Siafiti and Frizelle get in?

I can tell you because the omission of JAC proves The Eighth picked the team, rewards for Knights and punishes those who didn't sign with them.

JenEagle

Bencher
I'd actually go:

01. Reece Walsh
06. Kaylin Ponga
07. Cameron Munster
09. Harry Grant
14. AJ Brinson

Like Manly , it's time for the maroons to think of the future. There is that much skill in those players.

Last thing they need is some 33 year old running sidewards set after set.
DCE has stopped tackling as well.

conanu

Bencher
So how did Siafiti and Frizelle get in?

I can tell you because the omission of JAC proves The Eighth picked the team, rewards for Knights and punishes those who didn't sign with them.
It is where NSW falls down every time, that little clique of dickheads Buderus, Johns, Freddy, Barrett, Gasnier all blown out of proportion by NSW media and they believe their own hype. Johns and Freddy could play awesome but they aren't necessarily great footy brains.

Last edited:

Forster eagle

Reserve Grader
Poor Jake but the upshot is its good for us. Freddie will (rightly so) pick players from in-form teams and we ain't one of them.
Every forward in that team should go and apologise to Jake today.
It's the reason he hasn't been as dominant in the link role in attack...not the coaching.....not the 6 agains he has to give away at times because he understands that a quick play the ball is deadly and no one else is a dominant defender.....it's the rest of the pack that will find it hard to even look in his direction today.
Tell me Freddie....after the 3rd set of six in your quarter who are you calling on to make the next 4 tackles .....dominant.

Ryan

Journey Man
The way Jake's playing, I'm not sure having him in or out is of benefit to us. I was actually hoping to see some mobility at lock for a change.

The guy literally makes 0 impact in his runs.

Rocky

Bencher
Agree to disagree. Finucane is a really underrated player. The best coach the game has ever seen labelled him the best trainer he’s ever coached...sets standards of professionalism. He still carries the ball strong is a great defender but comes cheaper than Jake.

Radley is elite.

I love Jake because he is a champion bloke and his defence is crucial for us...imagine some of the score lines against us if he doesn’t play?! Terrifying. However, at rep level, there are enough other quality players around the squad, that a guy who offers little outside of making 50 tackles, can be substituted comfortably for a more dynamic alternative. In other words, his value to Manly is not the same as his value to NSW.
I respect your opinions @Snake and agree with most of them. I think Finucane was a great signing by the Sharks for the reasons you have outlined.

Only thing I push back on would be that Jake's on-field production is in front of Finucane's these days. Dale is obviously at the back end of his career so its sort of to be expected. But that's just from my eye test and happy to be corrected.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
this is how cut and paste the opinions are:

joey johns:
On his interchange bench, Johns preached loyalty for a couple of last year's heroes, opting to include Knights prop Daniel Saifiti and Dragons backrower Tariq Sims, despite patchy club form.

"Daniel's been out of form, he's even admitted that - but I think the loyalty has to be shown to some players,"
Johns told Wide World of Sports' Freddy and The Eighth.

-especially if they are Knights players, derp de derp Joey.
But nothing about his choice not to pick Jake.

Fittler - preaches about loyalty then says 'He is surprised that people are surprised I dropped JAC."

Consistency really is over-rated.

Pick who you want, but jut stop bleating on about things that aren't true. We get enough of that from the nrl.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The way Jake's playing, I'm not sure having him in or out is of benefit to us. I was actually hoping to see some mobility at lock for a change.

The guy literally makes 0 impact in his runs.
This is exactly why he is not is the SOO side.
I love the blokes guts and he is a Manly loyal to the core, but let's be honest....if we had never heard of Jake until this season and everyone on Silvertails had to pick their top 17 for SOO, I would be suprised if anyone would pick him.
In Saying this I would pick Okalata in the backrow or off the bench.

Ryan

Journey Man
This is exactly why he is not is the SOO side.
I love the blokes guts and he is a Manly loyal to the core, but let's be honest....if we had never heard of Jake until this season and everyone on Silvertails had to pick their top 17 for SOO, I would be suprised if anyone would pick him.
In Saying this I would pick Okalata in the backrow or off the bench.

Agree entirely with all of that. Des has turned him into Aiden Tolman lite (I say lite because Jake doesn't make anywhere NEAR the metres Tolman does). Imagine Tolman getting 900k a year. WTAF - this contract is an absolute albatross

He doesn't compare to isaah yeo stat wise. Jake still makes similar tackle numbers but his average run meters have come down from a high in 2017/18 of 136 to 109 and currently 78 avg in 21/22.

I hope jake can bounce back but maybe his best days are behind him. With his running game that bad there is no point in moving him to prop.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14