SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A few Suali doubters here, but unfortunately (for us Rooster haters) in the last few weeks he has shown he is already the real thing. Could be better than Folau. It didn't occur to me he might make SOO this year but I can see the point in picking him in the squad, he seems tough enough and is a giant.
On the other hand I can't see the point in picking Frizzell or the 2nd Saifit twin, or Sims for that matter.
Jake and JAC have simply paid for their teams' mediocre form.

Agree entirely with all of that. Des has turned him into Aiden Tolman lite (I say lite because Jake doesn't make anywhere NEAR the metres Tolman does). Imagine Tolman getting 900k a year. WTAF - this contract is an absolute albatross.
Poaching any top tier fullback sounds like a better deal then paying overs for jake and an injury prone tom. Could probably poach the storm halfback for dce's money as well.

chuckee

Formerly CJAeagle
900k per season for this bloke. He and his family seen the club coming with that contract offer. Can never fault his effort but that only gets you so far.

He hasn’t even been NSW cup standard let alone origin standard in recent times.

Our 13 jumper is being wasted. His best chance of being effective is coming off the bench as a prop for us.

Son of Manly Beach

Reserve Grader
The main thing Jake has going for him nowadays (and this goes for DCE and Turbo too) is that they have been loyal to Manly and have only ever played for our club. So it's hard not to like the guys that's for sure. But in reality, Jake especially, is holding our club back. Same with the others on these ridiculous contracts.
But I doubt anyone's gonna take a paycut for the sake of the team

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Il be silently cheering for qld in the hope that it sparks Dce up .
QUEENSLANDER !!!
1653871395716.png

Ryan

Journey Man
Hyperbole much.

Jakes definitely not holding our club back, but his salary cap hit kind of is, so I can see the point I guess. Jake is a good player, particularly defensively. But like Schuster, Taufua and a few other, they look like they are running in mud, and very, very slow for the 2022 game.

Don't get me wrong, he's averaging 78 metres a game this year (which is pretty decent) for an 80 minute player / forward - I guess.....actually, IS it?

Isaah Yeo on the flipside is averaging 144 metres (making just as many tackles - missing 34% less), and is on more than $200k+ (they say he's on around $600k) less than Jake:

The widely considered best lock in the NRL, Isaah Yeo, isn’t among the top five paid No.13s in the game, believed to be on just less than $700,000 this year.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I respect your opinions @Snake and agree with most of them. I think Finucane was a great signing by the Sharks for the reasons you have outlined.

Only thing I push back on would be that Jake's on-field production is in front of Finucane's these days. Dale is obviously at the back end of his career so its sort of to be expected. But that's just from my eye test and happy to be corrected.
All valid point mate! I agree, Jake’s work rate is higher but I like Finucane’s carries better. He still has some leg speed. Personally, I’m pretty upset about how Jake’s game has deteriorated. A few years ago it looked like he had the world at his feet. Suddenly he is slow...and already 28? How did that happen. I thought we were in for a couple of premierships with the Trbojevic brothers...but Jake’s slowing down and Tom is always injured. It’s a bit sad.

Do you think the style Hasler has employed has meant the grind of 50 tackles a game has wrecked Jake’s body?

madmax

Bencher
I can see this being a big issue for the club.

Hard to see him getting back for the blues. I agree this is on the coach.

His next contract could be a a major downgrade.

Sounds like the Glenn Stewart issue all over again.

Safiti/Frizelle getting picked over him - its an insult if you ask me.

Ado-Carr missing out is a farce.
And Suaalii getting selected is a joke!!

Shoe1

Journey Man
All valid point mate! I agree, Jake’s work rate is higher but I like Finucane’s carries better. He still has some leg speed. Personally, I’m pretty upset about how Jake’s game has deteriorated. A few years ago it looked like he had the world at his feet. Suddenly he is slow...and already 28? How did that happen. I thought we were in for a couple of premierships with the Trbojevic brothers...but Jake’s slowing down and Tom is always injured. It’s a bit sad.

Do you think the style Hasler has employed has meant the grind of 50 tackles a game has wrecked Jake’s body?
I think Jake is doing too much. Happy for his defence workrate to remain high, but he is too often posted as a ball distributor in attack, so he's neither fish nor flesh when we are in possession. I'd be happy if he just played like a forward for most of the game.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Jakes definitely not holding our club back, but his salary cap hit kind of is, so I can see the point I guess. Jake is a good player, particularly defensively. But like Schuster, Taufua and a few other, they look like they are running in mud, and very, very slow for the 2022 game.

Don't get me wrong, he's averaging 78 metres a game this year (which is pretty decent) for an 80 minute player / forward - I guess.....actually, IS it?

Isaah Yeo on the flipside is averaging 144 metres (making just as many tackles - missing 34% less), and is on more than $200k+ (they say he's on around $600k) less than Jake:

The widely considered best lock in the NRL, Isaah Yeo, isn’t among the top five paid No.13s in the game, believed to be on just less than $700,000 this year.
Interesting article, thanks.
It actually makes the salaries of DCE, Turbo and Jake look well within range, I think.
Interesting (and not really surprising) that some players thought to be on the highest deals in their positions are not still rated as among the top players in those positions, eg Klemmer, Andrew Fifita, and others such as Yeo will be worth far more in their next deal, especially if prepared to test the market.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I too am gobsmacked that he wasn't in the blues side 2 years ago, what was fittler thinking ignoring him for so long! He's a current immortal.
I would have thought so too if I hadn't seen him play in the last couple of weeks.

madmax

Bencher
A few Suali doubters here, but unfortunately (for us Rooster haters) in the last few weeks he has shown he is already the real thing. Could be better than Folau. It didn't occur to me he might make SOO this year but I can see the point in picking him in the squad, he seems tough enough and is a giant.
On the other hand I can't see the point in picking Frizzell or the 2nd Saifit twin, or Sims for that matter.
Jake and JAC have simply paid for their teams' mediocre form.
Sorry mate…..disagree on Suaalii. Hasn’t done anything better than most other centre / wingers. Overrated for mine & nowhere near the talent of Selwyn Cobbo.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14