Sorry But Monaghan Isn't The Long Term Answer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dont bother captian johnno.you and i are both making the point that we think he is a gutsy player who simply lacks that bit of class that is required to win a premiership (which is also the view of des and crusher) .when signing a half for 3 years this is the one and only question for a great club like ours who is used to success.this is far different from labelling him as a bad player.it is a minor point which is readily missed by our starry eyed friends.forget orford for a moment.is there any of you out there in dreamland who thinks michael monaghan can win a premiership.if so raise your hand now.if you dont think so then the club is obliged to at least look for an alternative,be it orford or someone else.please put your name on the record below for the purposes of posterity if you think he will take us to a crown -we have a great pack of forwards,best backrow in the comp,3 origin and 2 city forwards,great goalkicker,sensational fullback and we are running second after all.dodgy centres but every club has a weakness.all the ingredients are there.or are they?

Possibly the coach then Sue.

I for one would like to see how Monas goes in the finals series, he is untested but does lift in some games. I think he could lift in teh finals and take us a long way.

As for Stewart - behind in attack - needs to get involved and run like slater up the inside more.

Im sure you will give my article a once over soon ;)

matt king has re-sighned with the storm manlybacker, which sux.

he has never shown he is a genious

he may have a few tricks up his sleve but he lacks in other areas

FLUFFY DID YOU WATCH HIM RACK UP 50 AGAINST THE BRONCOS.

[quote author=sue ridgepipe]
8 line drop outs for tigers.2 tries from his kicks.real poor.2 other try assists.30 points in second half.perhaps a small wager on us scoring 30 at liechardt-its normally just so easy there.

well yeah they had so much ball compared to Manly against the Roosters.

Its funny how Monas haters point out the error he made against the roosters but dont say anything about Orfords woeful errors in the game against poorer opposition.

Go back to the Tigers game when we played them.. and tell me how Monas played if you really want to compare them.

[/quote]

kaza , we arent monas haters you fool,we think he is a better hooker than halfback.read the post from origin and stop depriving a avillage of an idiot.

and monas cut the sharks apart racking up 46.

are you now saying he is a genious??

your absolutely right fluffy,i along with most good judges and outside punters like you who cant see that he is a hooker are wrong.

Monas is a good steady player. Shows guts, determination and desperation. He lacks composure at times. I, like Phil Gould question whether he is the half who will deliver the 'promised land', especially in the big games.

I would like to see him at hooker with a brilliant half in there as well. I am on record as saying this a lot of times. Don't paint me as a Mona-hater as I admire what he has done to this team with the talent he possesses.

(I will be very happy if I am proved wrong and MM holds up the Telstra Trophy some time in the next three years - my guess is that it won't be as halfback if he does.)

ah yes.the easy beat tigers at liechart.unbeaten by anyone at liechardt since august 03.and dont we always give them a towelling when we go there.

is see the same faults everytime orford is under pressure.

Last week when he was playing catch up footy down 8 - 0, got flustered and caught on the last 10 out without moving at all jsut waited to get tackled. Not long after he did the run left, run right, run left again then throw a hospital ball on the last in the 10.

He looked pretty average in the melbourne game as well.

It will be interesting to see what happens when you remove the good players around him in King and Slater this week.

and im not saying he is crap, just not the messiah and certainly not a 450K a year player

Orford as Hooker

now ive heard everything

you really are a pest, i wanted to sign monas as hooker **** me.cw says it pretty well that we are not haters of monas we just want him in a position that suits his game and have a more creative half.

you were making very little sence sometimes i could work out who you were talking about.

and you can stick your pest call up your ass, just because i have adifferent opinion and dont want the club to pay twice as much for a pleyer who is slightly better.

will you ever agree it will be better having monas as hooker and having a more creative half

this is unbelieveable.playing catch up football and he got flustered.what do you call 30 points in 20 minutes.i reckon they did ****ing catch up ,dont you.and he was involved in 4 tries.and a new 5/8 to combine with.which is why they played up the middle in the second half.just ask every team who turned up there last year-liechardt is no pushover.

but once again you miss the point.we dont hate monaghan.we would like him at 9.we simply agree with the 99% of people outside the conga line who think orford is a better halfback.

oonce again you all simply miss the point i have not once argued against orford being better overall, however i have big issues paying overs for him - 450K is overs.

You lot get all hysterical at people mislabelling you monas haters yet you find it easy to miss the point here that its about 450K for Orford when he is only worth 300K, 350K at most.

Langer, Sterling, Tooves, Johns, etc - 10/10 Geniuses

Orford 7.5/10 aged 28, 117 games and is as good as he is going to get

Monas 6.5/10 aged 25, 61 games and definitely on the improve.

Manly should save their money and consolidate other missing positions and for halfback look for rare potential in a junior or go with someone who can really deliver.

How old is this Aaron Groom who is supposed to be someone special - how long till he sees grade?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2