Souths Bad Luck

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't know, Dragons are still I team I wouldn't want to come across in the finals

Is funny, for Warriors fans, they want to play anybody except Manly. Melbourne and Brisbane hold no fears for them but they want no piece of us

The cows would be Ok... as would the Kiwis, or NC or the Dogs, but I don't want Souths or the Tigers. They are on a run, and at the moment I would prefer the Storm have to deal with them first week in, or the Broncos.

I agree that the full-on warm up session is unnecessary. Never happened in the days of Fulton, Lowe etc and they played pretty good footy. The practice is a result of coaches and advisors trying to justify their jobs, and once one club does it the others follow - just like the pre-run on love-fest.
I've experienced the over coaching practices in cricket, which is one of the reasons Australia has fallen so far in recent years. Too many off-field experts!
A 5-7 minute warm-up would surely be sufficient for a game of RL. Why expend all that energy when it doesn't count?

The Who said:
I agree that the full-on warm up session is unnecessary. Never happened in the days of Fulton, Lowe etc and they played pretty good footy. The practice is a result of coaches and advisors trying to justify their jobs, and once one club does it the others follow - just like the pre-run on love-fest.
I've experienced the over coaching practices in cricket, which is one of the reasons Australia has fallen so far in recent years. Too many off-field experts!
A 5-7 minute warm-up would surely be sufficient for a game of RL. Why expend all that energy when it doesn't count?

This is exactly what I'm trying to get at.All the kicking and skills stuff should have been addressed at training through the week.

It is done through the week, you still need to throw the ball around a bit before the game to get into it though, much better than running out cold. Same goes with kicking, get some movement in those legs.

There is nothing wrong with the length of our warm-ups IMO.

What was Cliffy's warm up routine ? A ciggie and a quick jog on the spot.

Wolfpack said:
It is done through the week, you still need to throw the ball around a bit before the game to get into it though, much better than running out cold. Same goes with kicking, get some movement in those legs.

How do you justify it for the whistle-blowers? They carry on like pork chops in their long, unnecessary warm-ups, prancing and preening.
A bit of lip gloss and a gargle is all the warm up they need to prepare to blow the pea out of the whistle.

The Who said:
Wolfpack said:

How do you justify it for the whistle-blowers? They carry on like pork chops in their long, unnecessary warm-ups, prancing and preening.
A bit of lip gloss and a gargle is all the warm up they need to prepare to blow the pea out of the whistle.

The refs do quite a lot of running through the course of the game. It'd be embarrassing if a ref went down hurt or couldn't be in the right spot to make a call because his hammy tightened up.

With that said, don't let me stand in the way of a good ref bashing. Those incompetent idiots deserve all the crap they get.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4