Souths Leagues Club Gone - Will Manly be next?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dsm my only thought is that if was going to work, considering the amount of people in the game, would have done it

Although to be fair it has to be better than it is now

As someone in the music industry, Sydney is not a rock town. It's a doofer town, full of shallow, soulless people.
The younguns want change. They populate a place for 6 months, pay $10 per beer and then leave for the next new place. The reasons clubs struggle is becsuse clubs need to be permanent. Young people hate stagnation now, not the man. They want new and flashy, not last week, let alone last century.
Clubs can't compete. No matter how well DY RSL looks like it's doing, it's just a lucky location. Diggers, Leagues and other places have had good ideas over the years. Servos, for a little club is doing well and they offer nothing other than proximity to residents.
I live really close to the Leagues and I can tell you that that is what makes it the best place in Sydney to me.

lsz said:
If bands were the answer would there not be more live music places in Sydney?

The place needs the pokies as it has to pay over 800,000 a year to is land lords in rent.
The place has older patrons as they play pokies.
Young people these days have sports betting and other things to gamble there money away.
If you put young bands in there the old pokie players complain about how loud it is. If they don't come the pokies don't get played and the Penn's don't get there rent.
The place is loosing money as Dee Why R S L has got the mix right. It is half a kil down the road. They have spent there money on fixing there club and our club gave its money to Football.

No ones fault but just the way things are.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6