Post-Game Discussion Souths v Manly [Round 4, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Rabbitohs
Vs
Sea Eagles
13 Accor Stadium
25 Mar 2023 19:35
81:58 minute

Match Stats

Good presser by Seibold. Mentioned it is early days for our team.

Said they were confident in their defence before the game and knew it would be a low scoring match.

Acknowledged they had some opportunities that they didn't take.

Wanted to be in a tight battle early in the season.

Plenty to like out of that game, some silly errors at times and the last tackle options on the opposition’s line are open for improvement.

A few of the guns not at their best yet, don’t know how long it will take for Turbo to get back to 100%, hopefully not too far away.

Like the edges and the different variations of combinations building in attack, so much better than last season.

I was proud of the effort from the boys tonight... very unlucky and yes we got some dud calls from the ref's but we should have put it out of reach regardless imo....
Right on the money, Kalvin.

A loss is never on one player. It was just unfortunate that Aloiai and Weekes were involved in our last blunder. Everybody out there was knackered, so it was always going to come down to a mistake. We made it, Souths took advantage. But it should never have come to that.

If we'd taken the two points when they were on offer, we win. If the ref hadn't conjured a forward pass call out of nothing, we win. If Koula scored, we win. If the ref hadn't also conjured a head-high penalty out of nothing, we also win. But really, it was up to us to put the game away and we just didn't do it.

It's a shame because it was such a good opportunity. Souths were down on troops and we dominated large periods of the game. But we never put it out of their reach. They hung in there and stole the game. Sure, they got some lucky calls, but that toughness was impressive regardless.

A win would have been good and Manly was very unlucky to lose that, largely due to several 'weird' calls by officials.
Nevertheless that game will give the players a lot of confidence next time we play the Bunnies.
Our attack was mostly clunky and Croker probably looks a lot better to his critics suddenly.

Plenty of positives:
Manly kept Souths famous left edge pretty quiet.
We've played 2 of last years top sides in the past week for a close win and close loss, arguably were the better side in both games.
At this stage of the season, under a whole new coaching regime, we'll learn more from the loss than we would if DCE had got the field goal.

I'm usually gutted by a loss but that one is actually a loss that makes me more confident for the future, and I reckon the players probably feel the same.

Plenty to like out of that game, some silly errors at times and the last tackle options on the opposition’s line are open for improvement.

A few of the guns not at their best yet, don’t know how long it will take for Turbo to get back to 100%, hopefully not too far away.

Like the edges and the different variations of combinations building in attack, so much better than last season.
I thought DCE and Turbo were well below their best and ultimately cost us. That said, Josh Pastor is a fraud amongst our senior players and deserves a challenge.

Right on the money, Kalvin.

A loss is never on one player. It was just unfortunate that Aloiai and Weekes were involved in our last blunder. Everybody out there was knackered, so it was always going to come down to a mistake. We made it, Souths took advantage. But it should never have come to that.

If we'd taken the two points when they were on offer, we win. If the ref hadn't conjured a forward pass call out of nothing, we win. If Koula scored, we win. If the ref hadn't also conjured a head-high penalty out of nothing, we also win. But really, it was up to us to put the game away and we just didn't do it.

It's a shame because it was such a good opportunity. Souths were down on troops and we dominated large periods of the game. But we never put it out of their reach. They hung in there and stole the game. Sure, they got some lucky calls, but that toughness was impressive regardless.
Yeah Ron, I reckon you're too generous. Luck doesn't come into it, it was preordained.

Honestly don't feel too bad after that. Some of the comments I've read from Manly fans makes it seem we lost by big margin🤣 but I thought defensively we were sound considering last week conceding 30points. Last week our offence was sound but defence lacking, this week was other way around. Long season ahead so if the boys can find that sweet spot of the both it'll be juicy👌 big game in a fortnight against Penrith so if we can bounce back against the Knights next week we should be heading into that clash confident and lessons learnt. Have a good Sunday peeps🦅

We went to sleep. Let in a soft try at 12-6, from dumb pass from dce to garrick gave good field position. Then Tuipolotu putrid hands gave up cheap ball that led to 12 all.
Had sustained pressure should of taken the 2. Tom looks pretty much at 60 percent maximum his fitness is a concern.
Not sure why bullemor did not see much 2nd half action he changed tempo and middle. Paseka was good again. Really missed Croker tonight Lawton is garbage.
Schuster crabbed across field too much did not play square to Parker near enough. Why are dce and schuster not linking in attack like trials ???
Olakau'atu gets so **** ball from dce again not at ad line.
The positives- we where the better side unfortunately moral victories don't win games. Our defence seems mich improved. Jake was again immense in middle.
I may be different to alot but Aaron Woods could be a good addition given his rep football experience.

Last edited:
Josh had more metres and tackles than tent, unfortunately a dropped ball at a crucial time
Quite frankly, which cost us more? Josh more meters and costing us a loss or Tent not making as many meters during the match? Its clear to me.

We went to sleep. Let in a soft try at 12-6, from dumb pass from dce to garrick gave good field position. Then Tuipolotu putrid hands gave up cheap ball that led to 12 all.
Had sustained pressure should of taken the 2. Tom looks pretty much at 60 percent maximum his fitness is a concern.
Not sure why bullemor did not see much 2nd half action he changed tempo and middle. Paseka was good again. Really missed Croker tonight Lawton is garbage.
Schuster crabbed across field too much did not play square to Parker near enough. Why are dce and schuster not linking in attack like trials ???
Olakau'atu gets so **** ball from dce again not at ad line.
The positives- we where the better side unfortunately moral victories don't win games. Our defence seems mich improved. Jake was again immense in middle.
I may be different to alot but Aaron Woods could be a good addition given his rep football experience.
It is criminal the way our halves cant give our outside men space and room to move.

To me it's not on Josh. Dce should of taken the 2. And our attack looked putrid in 2nd half.
I also agree that DCE should have taken the two. As I alluded to through my game commentary I thought DCE was really poor. He was too many shades of the usual headless chook, after showing promise of change through the trials.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Rabbits : 13
Manly : 12

337664910_707760224475082_2786754839453250453_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

337657152_242533718216892_6939808143725737515_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

missed-it-by-that-much-missed.gif

c620536e7a3a92d0858c6791b2d697cf.gif

Pressers: