Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Round 8, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

40 22
Central Coast Stadium
29 Apr 2022 07:55 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harper won’t be lining up tomorrow night (pending no last minute injuries). Again I think Hasler is looking to protect Morgan to a degree, leaving him close to the side as opposed to casting him to the scrap heap and leaving Taufua in front of him as a reserve etc.
Probably just cover for the centre pos, should Kalua or Parker trip over and damage something in the warm ups in the sheds prior to kick off.

This photo sums up Manly in 2022.

We have the fastest man in league but are yet to use the Lamborghini the right way.

Saabs is no use to anyone if he isn’t smoking opposition on the outside or leaping 13ft in the air. DCE and Foz need to get him in the game - the right way.
Last year he killed it!

This year it’s killing him’m

What’s changed

Last year he killed it!

This year it’s killing him’m

What’s changed
Despite all of saabs tries he only scored 1 in 9 games without turbo last season.
Without tom our right side , tracks cross field and gets very little early ball. DCE rarely digs into the line to commit players. If no one does that defence slides and saab is an easy target.

Oku never gets ball like kikau and Cant stand on the back fence because he can not depend on getting the ball on his terms

if i know it, teams know it and

How do you know that Schuster instigated it?
Why would you think he didn't give it the OK?
Have you seen how many negative comments Schu has attracted here on ST as a result of this?? And that's here where we all love the guy! Do you think Des enjoyed answering questions about this? Or the Manly players interviewed about it?

I highly doubt it was Schu's idea to write to the club and leak it to Weidler. But it frankly defies credibility to suggest a manager is so dumb they will do something with such obvious potential to embarass their client, create friction in his team and bring unwanted publicity to his club, without running it all by said client first.
Hey Schu, I could put a bit of gentle pressure on the club as they are thinking of re-signing Foz? Might create a bit of a stir though, what do you think?
Yeah go for it, I'm the star player, better remind the club about that.

Wow. A lot of assumptions being made about the kid.

All from a Journo with zero credibility. Guess he got what he wanted - Weedler that is.

You kidding, you think Weidler made it up?
Neither the club nor the manager nor Schu has denied it happened.
It was a very clumsy move that showed up the manager as a second rate wannabe (which was already fairly obvious after that video he posted a year or more ago about his client facing serious criminal charges). And showed up Schu as being either up himself or, more likely, simply very young and naive.
Ironically we have a couple of senior players who should be ideally placed to give the young bloke some advice about the ramifications of agents agitating in a team setting, the ramifications can follow you for the rest of your career!!

Why would you think he didn't give it the OK?
Whenever Josh has been asked, he's replied that he is happy to play wherever selected.

If there is any substance to this story, I'd put the onus on the manager. Even though player managers say their concern is the player's welfare, at heart they are businessmen, i.e. more lucrative contracts = bigger commissions. This year Tartak has already organized more lucrative contracts for Sione Fainu & Josh Feledy.

The timing of this fiasco is ridiculous with Josh yet to play a game this season. Who knows, by circumstance, he may be playing 6 regularly by season's end regardless?

Remember when we had another budding young star who started (or whose manager started) making noises about wanting an elevated status in the side? We are still paying for that one now.
DCE's name was mud for a fair while, some players were disgruntled, Foz left and nearly destroyed his career.

Tend to be a bit supportive of D C E :s position during that whole contract saga situation . Got the impression that he just wanted to stay at Manly for around market value but not pay cut territory . Pretty sure that he readily accepted an initial club offer of 750 k or so which the club then withdrew to focus on Foz . Then the ongoing circus for a while but again wouldn ;t attach too much blame D C E ;s way . Anyway professional sport will always present some difficult situations contract wise , seems a long time ago now , good sync again now and professionalism with our halves pairing ,.

This photo sums up Manly in 2022.

We have the fastest man in league but are yet to use the Lamborghini the right way.

Saabs is no use to anyone if he isn’t smoking opposition on the outside or leaping 13ft in the air. DCE and Foz need to get him in the game - the right way.

100% correct .. expecting a winger to do something on his own is ludicrous why they aren't walking over and putting the ball into his hands I'll never know ..

And why opposing players won't get out of his way and give him a clear run to the line is just bad sportsmanship.

Perhaps Dessie could also run on a cup of tea and strawberry scone for him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10