Souths vs Manly 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blake

Reserve Grader
A bit of viewing to get you hyped.
I remember this day very vividly. Souths were heavy favourites, on a dream passage to meet their arch rivals Roosters in a Grand Final for the ages (according to the media, anyways...)
I went to the game, knowing we would probably lose, I was just happy to get to see the boys run around one more time this season.
On the way in, the body language from all Souths fans could be summed up in one word; smug.
Anyone wearing a Manly jersey copped an absolute earful from the Souths fans at the ground.
14 minutes in, and we are down 14 nil. This is going to be a bloodbath, the Souths fans around us are sending insults and verbal jabs our way.
But down on the field, while waiting for a conversion attempt, I see the players gathered around Jamie Lyon. He appears to be delivering quite a passionate speech. What is he saying?
Whatever it was, it worked. Our boys lifted and produced one of the best games I've ever witnessed.
And those Souths fans around us, we watch them slump back into their seats, and we politely say goodbye to them as they leave their seats with the teams still playing out the final minutes of the game...

Let's hope for another performance for the ages tonight!

yep, I was there too at the ground. if i remember right, gifty had a pearler of a game. then a week later we got ripped off by the officialdom.

One thing I remember of this game is that Gift was the cause for the Rabbits getting a 14-0 head start. But the boys rallied and won it in style

I remember this day very vividly. Souths were heavy favourites, on a dream passage to meet their arch rivals Roosters in a Grand Final for the ages (according to the media, anyways...)
I went to the game, knowing we would probably lose, I was just happy to get to see the boys run around one more time this season.
On the way in, the body language from all Souths fans could be summed up in one word; smug.
Anyone wearing a Manly jersey copped an absolute earful from the Souths fans at the ground.
14 minutes in, and we are down 14 nil. This is going to be a bloodbath, the Souths fans around us are sending insults and verbal jabs our way.
But down on the field, while waiting for a conversion attempt, I see the players gathered around Jamie Lyon. He appears to be delivering quite a passionate speech. What is he saying?
Whatever it was, it worked. Our boys lifted and produced one of the best games I've ever witnessed.
And those Souths fans around us, we watch them slump back into their seats, and we politely say goodbye to them as they leave their seats with the teams still playing out the final minutes of the game...

That try assist from Brett Stewart to Ballin is classic Snake. Sheer brilliance!

Glad you brought this on up from the archives Blake on the eve of our knock out prelim, this is my 2nd favourite behind our mauling of Melb in 2008. The look on Sammy Burgess's face and the rest of them when the fulltime hooter went is priceless. What a comeback by our boys, we need to channel our inner Lyon tonight.

One thing I remember of this game is that Gift was the cause for the Rabbits getting a 14-0 head start. But the boys rallied and won it in style
Yeah he missed a terrible tackle from marker and gave away a costly penalty that they scored off the back of. However, being the champion he was, he set up the try that got us back in the game with a neat little grubber for his brother.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8