Souths Vs Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was a great game to go to. Awesome atmosphere at the game. SBW is all class. What a talent! Hope he sticks around the NRL.

On the other hand G.I. did not even look remotely interested in running the ball back or getting involved in the play with his usual vigour. His knee injury must be causing him some serious concern.

Based on tonights performance I'd take 1 SBW over 4 Burgo boys any day of the week. SBW was all class tonight & the oldest Burgess just confirmed how much of a cheap grub he is. Go & hang out with Lima.

Can't believe Burgess wasn't put on report but only given a caution by the ref "to watch your feet" ( well I can as he plays in cardinal and myrtle ) when love taps and tackles bouncing off balls are put on report.
He seriously has a lot of sh!t in his game that he just seems to get away with. As soon as he knew they were gonna get the penalty tonight he stood over JWH, did the hot shoe shuffle and gave him a slap as well.
I used to like Burgess, now I just think he thinks he's above the game and is a knob.

His nut grab was pretty much laughed off so he thinks he can get away with pretty much anything now.

As for the semis draw, I heard this morning on BSB that it's meant to be
1 v 4 - Friday
2 v 3 - Sunday
5 v 8, 6 v 7 Saturday

but of course that will depend on what suits Souths

StuBoot said:
1 v 4 - Friday
2 v 3 - Sunday
5 v 8, 6 v 7 Saturday

Makes sense to me, I hope that's right ... and hope we retain 3rd. Wouldn't surprise to see Storm win big so we might still have some work to do on Sunday. Go Tits!

I can't believe Maguire is persisting with Farrell and Asotasi. Both players have plenty of errors in their game (especially under pressure) and it was no coincidence the bombs were all going Farrell's way. The Walker/Farrell combo is a turnstile in defence (not exposed tonight but will be over the coming weeks). Everingham offers more but seems to be on the outer .

Souths didn't play particularly well but could easily have won . They bombed 2 tries - S.Burgess refusing to pass to an unmarked Walker and Walker messing up a fairly straightforward ingoal grounding from a kick. A couple of glaring defensive errors (Goodwin rushing out of the line for Maloney to score and Lima missing Guerra cold) gifted the Roosters two tries.

As much as I hate both teams, I'm glad Souff$ didn't win, it would have made those at 9 taste bile :D The love fest they have had with them recently has been sickening.

They got smashed by Melbourne, got gifted a win over us and got smashed tonight by the mother hens. And they're the premiership favourites? If not for some one sided reffing, they'd have lost to us also.

StuBoot said:
Can't believe Burgess wasn't put on report but only given a caution by the ref "to watch your feet" ( well I can as he plays in cardinal and myrtle ) when love taps and tackles bouncing off balls are put on report.
He seriously has a lot of sh!t in his game that he just seems to get away with. As soon as he knew they were gonna get the penalty tonight he stood over JWH, did the hot shoe shuffle and gave him a slap as well.
I used to like Burgess, now I just think he thinks he's above the game and is a knob.

His nut grab was pretty much laughed off so he thinks he can get away with pretty much anything now.

1 v 4 - Friday
2 v 3 - Sunday
5 v 8, 6 v 7 Saturday

I don't think it will end up like that. The dogs will finish 5th or 6th, entitling them to a home final. However, the swans have ANZ booked for next Saturday night. I think they'll put the dogs game on Sunday, Souths on the Friday and the roosters on the Saturday at Allianz. There was talk of a double header at Allianz for the roosters match and also the sharks match.

susan said:
anyone notice the diver flipping himself in Pearce's tackle right at the end.he is a disgrace.

I sure did. As per usual the ref fell for it. My 10 year old son spotted it straight away but the refs continue to fall for it.

Brooke said:
susan said:
anyone notice the diver flipping himself in Pearce's tackle right at the end.he is a disgrace.

I sure did. As per usual the ref fell for it. My 10 year old son spotted it straight away but the refs continue to fall for it.

I thought it was a great effort from G.I.

I mean he was almost on the ground and had to really jump up to get his head to touch the ground first.

Very good effort!

71st min

Eye gouge

2cfxjjd.jpg

bones said:
StuBoot said:

1 v 4 - Friday
2 v 3 - Sunday
5 v 8, 6 v 7 Saturday

I don't think it will end up like that. The dogs will finish 5th or 6th, entitling them to a home final. However, the swans have ANZ booked for next Saturday night. I think they'll put the dogs game on Sunday, Souths on the Friday and the roosters on the Saturday at Allianz. There was talk of a double header at Allianz for the roosters match and also the sharks match.

i just dont understand , how the NRL can think that it is fair giving a team a 4 day break between games especially for a semi final game !!! ( if that happens )..

im not sure - why dont the sharks play at shark park ???

panash said:
bones said:
StuBoot said:

1 v 4 - Friday
2 v 3 - Sunday
5 v 8, 6 v 7 Saturday

i just dont understand , how the NRL can think that it is fair giving a team a 4 day break between games especially for a semi final game !!! ( if that happens )..

im not sure - why dont the sharks play at shark park ???

Shark park isn't up to finals standard, just like Brookie. 1v4 is usually the Friday night game but they will switch this year because ANZ is in available for the Saturday. That's why manly may get a four day turnaround. We could always lose tomorrow to get the 5 day turnaround. The NRLs reply to manly getting the four day turn around will be that manly asked for their final round match to be a Sunday afternoon game.

Clint said:
Based on tonights performance I'd take 1 SBW over 4 Burgo boys any day of the week. SBW was all class tonight & the oldest Burgess just confirmed how much of a cheap grub he is. Go & hang out with Lima.

Really ? Other than the 1 run SBW wasn't up too much last night, his tackle on Inglis was a ripper though ;)

Kiwi Eagle said:
Clint said:

Really ? Other than the 1 run SBW wasn't up too much last night, his tackle on Inglis was a ripper though ;)

Agreed. The miss on Inglis was costly. But he's not the first and won't be the last to miss a tackle on Inglis.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not on a SBW lovefest, but I thought he was great last night. He was often in there taking the hard yards. My post was more in frustration at the grub Burgess has become opposed to heaping praise on SBW.
However, a quick look at the stats shows that SBW made 214 metres. 50+ more than his closest rival. That would indicate he had a pretty solid game.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Clint said:

I said it after we played them earlier in the year and I think teams are onto it if you wrap up his right arm and thus the ball it stops his offloads then he is just another forward who doesn't really seem to relish the tough stuff and continually run at big forwards for long periods. He had some moments last night but he's not going to win the golden boot.

Just hope that Manly's mindset is to win every game and not tank for any reason:cool:

GI's knee is fine, as was proven by his twisting action in regathering a ball with Jennings bearing down on him in the second half.

All game I just kept thinking how creative Manly are compared to other Teams in the 4. There were so many opportunities, for both sides to score, and most were wasted:sleepy:
And how Matai/Fa'Awesome would have been marched for JWH ,SB and Pearce actions without hesitation:mad:

Sharks will probably play at Allianz, and now that the Swans have lost, Manly can play at ANZ on Sunday.

Bring it on:angel:

The fairest most rational and sensible draw would be
Dogs final Fri night ANZ
Sharks final Sat arvo at Parra Stadium
Roosters final Sat night SFS
Rabbits final Sun ANZ.
Of course that doesn't suit Ch Nein's Souffs agenda and of course we all know nothing fair or rational would come out of the NRL.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
You aren't really a big fan of SBW, are you KE :D

I was reaching for the sick bags when Joey was saying what a privilege it is for us to watch him etc lol

He is a bloody good player but so much stuff is over the top with him, that run was a beauty last night but have seen it multiple times from numerous players this season, if Lawrence had a pass on him he would have produced about 10 tries like that this year haha

I also enjoyed when SBW came out to put a big shot on Sam and missed completely :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4