Souths- why are they in the comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As much as i can't stand them the best team of the last 15 years has been the bloody Bronco's!!

If they go on to make the Semi's (they are currently leading the comp) it will be their 15th year in a row... that is a good effort!!

But i still hate them

I feel for their supporters but Souths are a deadset joke!!

When was the last time someone tipped souths to win a game??

I don't know where to for souths but something has to happen or else they are wasting a game of footy every week that a team from a different part of Australia could play in and make a better fist of it

me on the weekend :blush:

[quote author=Nutzcraw]
I feel for their supporters but Souths are a deadset joke!!

When was the last time someone tipped souths to win a game??

I don't know where to for souths but something has to happen or else they are wasting a game of footy every week that a team from a different part of Australia could play in and make a better fist of it

me on the weekend :blush:

[/quote]

I bet your kicking my arse in the tipping too!!

[quote author=Ryan]
Manly have the 2nd worst record apart from Souths in the last 10 years !!! I'm confused by this thread. Nth QLD also had an appaulling run.
That is absolute CRAP Ryan, and it doesn't matter what criteria you would like to use to measure it - not defined in your initial sweeping statement.

For a number of those years we were in an ill-fated merger with a polar-opposite club which was a debacle.

GF 97
Semis 98
Poor Season 99 (Lost first six games and Bozo resigned)
Missed Semis 04
Semis 05
???????06.

If that is the poorest record I am a bad judge.

Apart from last year the Tigers have done nothing. Cowboys have emerged in the last two years but were crap prior to that. Raiders have done nothing much since 94. Sharks have done nothing since 96. Bears were in the comp up until 99 and did nothing muchm apart from one good year the Warriors have done nothing, etc

Dragons and Eels have had great players and have done nothing in Sept, Broncos with the teams they have had should have won 5 premierships in the past 10 years and have done nothing much. It's all relative.

Dogs, Roosters and Knights have had some good moments but even they have only snared a comp or two over the last 10 years. Not easy to win these days.
[/quote]

Ryans new nickname "Chopper" never let the truth get in the way of a Good Yarn ;)

manly last 10 years 96 - 06 (7 seasons) have won 89 games (beagles not included as they are not manly)

brisbane 113
canberra 93
bulldogs 100
sharks 92
rorters 112
storm 82 (didnt play in 96/97)
knights 96
nth qld 67
eels 96
panthers 84
souths 41
saints 96/91 depending on which half of the merger st/ill
warriors 71
west tigers 74/65 depending on merger bal/wests

So over the last 10 years we are 6th worst

sorry to use facts to ruin your story again ryan

Ok - try that since Souths were re-admitted to the competition.

all 3 and a half seasons , 2 of which we were still suffering bearitis.

want to narrow it down further to just 1 year?

Canteen - Get Fluffy to put up wins for The Bears last 10 years of existance versus Manly's current last 10 years. We'll see who the whipping boy is. But that's right. You celebrate mediocrity.

I never once remember The Bears totally collapsing like The Eagles did in the back end of last year !!!

Who cares really anyway. I support The Eagles NOW, get over it.

My point was that before anyone say Souths should be punted from the comp, think about how Manly have been playing.

I just don't get it !! Their team could look like this:-

01. David Peachey
02. Luke Macdouggall
03. Adam Macdouggall
04. Yileen Gordon
05. Shannon Hegarty
06. John Sutton
07. Ben Walker
08. Peter Cusack
09. Stuart Webb
10. That Nth Qld dude
11. David Faalogo
12. Joe Gulovou
13. Mark Minichello

14. Shane Walker
15. Shane Rigon
16. ?
17. ?

I may have stuffed some of the names up, but that actually looks like a competative team !!!

You celebrate mediocrity Ryan, the Bears never won a GF. Thats what it is all about mate!!!! No one remembers who made the finals in a season 10 years ago, they only remember the premiers.

I will take the GF victory with a few bad seasons thrown in than years of consistanly making the finals with nothing to show for it.

You celebrate mediocrity Ryan, the Bears never won a GF. Thats what it is all about mate!!!! No one remembers who made the finals in a season 10 years ago, they only remember the premiers.

I will take the GF victory with a few bad seasons thrown in than years of consistanly making the finals with nothing to show for it.

Incorrect mate - Bears won two competitions.
I also remember the finals I attended clear as day. The last being when The Bulldogs unfortunately beat the Bears at Bear Part (remember what it was like to have a home final).

For the record North's won the 1921 and 1922 Finals as they were minor premiers in that year and won the finals there was no grand finals, but they had not played in a grand final since.

[quote author=Garts]

I also remember the finals I attended clear as day. The last being when The Bulldogs unfortunately beat the Bears at Bear Part (remember what it was like to have a home final).

For the record North's won the 1921 and 1922 Finals as they were minor premiers in that year and won the finals there was no grand finals, but they had not played in a grand final since.

[/quote]

As I said they never won a GF. As for their 2 premierships in 1921 & 22 I am sure you enjoyed them :lol:

And of course you remember the finals games you attended I meant the general league supporting public generally wont remember who made the finals or care who made the finals 5 or 10 years ago. They only remember the premiers.

And I am sure if we compare the records of Manly v Bears for 1990 to 1999 they would be fairly similar. You cant compare the last 10 years of Manlys existance to the Bears last years.

Ryan has done it again

Norths last 10 season 90 - 99 won 129 games
Manly last 10 seasons 93 - 05 won 135 games :dance: :dance: :dance:

and if you look at 90 - 99 we won 146 games

Face it - bears are and always were mediocre at best.

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Garts]

[/quote]

As I said they never won a GF. As for their 2 premierships in 1921 & 22 I am sure you enjoyed them :lol:

And of course you remember the finals games you attended I meant the general league supporting public generally wont remember who made the finals or care who made the finals 5 or 10 years ago. They only remember the premiers.

And I am sure if we compare the records of Manly v Bears for 1990 to 1999 they would be fairly similar. You cant compare the last 10 years of Manlys existance to the Bears last years.
[/quote]

Actually mate - Manly's record would be HEAPS better through that period IMO. I remember wishing that I supported manly during that time. I lived in the area, and I hated Terry Hill so much, I thought if you can't beat em, join em !!! Now I get that pleasure.

Mate, I'm 140 years old. Iremember those finals like it were only yesterday. LoL. Actually I recorded them on DVD at the time.

Seriously though, I think there are some very exciting finals from teams I haven't supported in the past.

Can anyone think of any, and care to relay the situation?

Ryan has done it again

Norths last 10 season 90 - 99 won 129 games
Manly last 10 seasons 93 - 05 won 135 games :dance: :dance: :dance:

and if you look at 90 - 99 we won 146 games

Face it - bears are and always were mediocre at best.

Try 96 - 05 !! That's the last 10 years of MANLY'S existance !!! Regardless of their title during this period.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7