Spine Tingling Stuff

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Clint said:
What moment in Manly's history brings a tear to your eye, no matter how many times you watch it?

The Steve Menzies try in 2008 is going to be at the top of many supporters list. And rightly so. There cannot be a more fitting way to send out a true legend.

For you as a supporter, are there any other moments in Manlys history that can rival this great moment?

The GF Replay in 1978 even tops Beaver's fairytale for me.

Those Players had nothing left to give, but their will got them the Premiership.:angel:

Hopefully the current Players are given a session watching the replay of 1978 and it motivates them to win no matter the mental/physical exhaustion :idea:

Yes that was a phenomenal effort from the '78 side, 6 games in 25 days.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I have never seen the atmosphere in a game as big as that 08 GF. 60,000 of those fans supported us that night. I remember Cameron Smith getting booed, I remember the massive Beaver chant that went up when he came on and it had only just stopped when he went over for the try. It started straight after again. Unbelievable night, and after losing our club and having to fight for it, Beaver's last night, 11 years without a title, losing the year before...it just boiled over...**** it was awesome to be a part of.

I think only 2 clubs will be able to top that feeling for their fans: Cronulla when they finally win a title, and Souths.

HappilyManly said:
Clint said:
What moment in Manly's history brings a tear to your eye, no matter how many times you watch it?

The Steve Menzies try in 2008 is going to be at the top of many supporters list. And rightly so. There cannot be a more fitting way to send out a true legend.

For you as a supporter, are there any other moments in Manlys history that can rival this great moment?

The GF Replay in 1978 even tops Beaver's fairytale for me.

Those Players had nothing left to give, but their will got them the Premiership.:angel:

Hopefully the current Players are given a session watching the replay of 1978 and it motivates them to win no matter the mental/physical exhaustion :idea:

I was there for several of those finals matches in 1978 and the final grand final match which was played mid week (had a sickie that day). That team performed virtual miracles to get through and were given little chance. I think they brought in an army chap for training to inspire the lads with back to the walls courage stories.

In fact the second grandfinal was a little of a fizzer because Cronulla, who beat us in the first semi and then drew with us in the first grandfinal, obviously were spent. Manly's side that had over half the players walking wounded and on pain killers, dominated them in the final game....wasnt a contest and the score understated the strength of the victory. You felt that side could walk through brick walls. they just didnt stop and must have been riding on pure adrenilin. They were the toughest Manly side, and possibly the toughest Rugby League side I have ever seen.

And they were playing without several of their star players including Johnny Gibbbs, who often won games on his own during the few years before. That was his last year...the knee had gone and he never showed that brilliance again.

It was a standout six games they played.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8