Sportal taking the piss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
seems like a bit of jockeying while the talk of amalgamating Council's is in progress. One Council from Manly to Palm Beach would likely have a smaller elected Council etc compared to the 3 now ... maybe

the manly mayor said stuff in the press the other day.. there are plans for redevelopment of Manly Oval too apparently.

who'd pay to redevelop rat park?

Scott Penn told Sportal: "Obviously Brookvale Oval is our focus for now but I wouldn't totally rule it (Rat Park) out.

"Our trial there was a tremendous success and we were delighted with how accommodating they were.

"It was a very pleasant change to be wanted."

Put a pen through Gosford. I think this is in play. Shift the funds from Brookie to Ratty, you've got a welcoming council, better location - this is the ace up their sleeve in putting Warringah to the sword...
Why would you believe anything Scott Penn says?

I believe the Councils will be merged and probably before a development proposal could be approved by Pittwater. And where are the 30 storey towers going to go?

People don't want to have to fight to get to the game. Parking at Brookie can be a nightmare. And Pittwater Rd, Brookvale for traffic? One of the worst strips in Sydney. People will put up with sitting longer in the comfort of their car if there are no hassles. Including a close and easy park. Rat Park has three major exit routes (Mona Vale Rd, Pittwater Rd & Wakehurst Parkway) to dissipate traffic. Public transport is less handy, but buses do run along Pittwater Rd there.

If Brookie becomes untenable, then there's a lot of benefits in moving to Rat Park. It has the space to plan for the future into the 21st century. And it is in the Northern Beaches. Restrict the ground usage to the big boys and play the colts, etc on a ground next to it. If the Govt gets on board to develop it, then I'd easily prefer Rat Park over Gosford, SFS, Homebush, etc.
I have never had a parking problem at brooky. The industrial area has ****pots full of factories & they are all closed after hours. Just park in any of the factory spots.

followed the links on the council website.. http://yoursaywarringah.com.au/integrated-open-space-strategy

the playground review page 23 list the ones to be retired which includes Belrose Library site 'proposed to be sold' .... page 25 ones to be removed.

get in and take to the streets men of league
I thought it was interesting when they opened the park down at Collaroy after doing it up, they had this kind of log bridge on one of things with nothing either side to hold on to. As an astute legal student, that to me just screamed out future tort waiting to happen.

How many run down parks are there in Belrose???

And 'frontwards' no doubt. Where the challenge is not to overbalance as you pick up speed going downhill, whilst admiring the panoramic views.:)
No it is actually backwards I go up those stairs. :)

The panoramic views are the convenient excuse for stopping to catch the breath. And so I slowly edge my way backwards up the stairs still gazing over the horizon, as swarms of people overtake me.

Worse location? For opposition supporters, yes. But who cares about them?
There is no doubt there is a need for a quality stadium somewhere on the north side of Sydney Harbour. This would be a stadium for RL, RU and soccer and, at times, for concerts. It irks me that the Liberal Government - headed by MPs from this side of the harbour - has not considered a northside stadium, preferring to win electoral support in the west with its idiotic $1.6Billion stadium policy. I understood it when the Labor government was in power, but these Libs should appreciate that we are their heartland.
I don't care where a new stadium is located as long as it is somewhere on the North Shore or Northern Beaches.

Worse location? For opposition supporters, yes. But who cares about them?
There is no doubt there is a need for a quality stadium somewhere on the north side of Sydney Harbour. This would be a stadium for RL, RU and soccer and, at times, for concerts. It irks me that the Liberal Government - headed by MPs from this side of the harbour - has not considered a northside stadium, preferring to win electoral support in the west with its idiotic $1.6Billion stadium policy. I understood it when the Labor government was in power, but these Libs should appreciate that we are their heartland.
I don't care where a new stadium is located as long as it is somewhere on the North Shore or Northern Beaches.
Imagine the **** we'd cop from pposition fans if we kicked up a stink about travelling from Brookie to ****ing Warriewood!

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Well said "The Who".
Unbelievable that the North Shore with the population and sports mad crowds don't have a modern ground with facilities to cater for 30,000 upwards.
Transfer Allianz there and we'd pack it every week.
The plans for the new stadiums are hard to understand given the numbers that go there now. Parra doesn't need an upgrade .....we wouldn't mind that ground and play a home semi there instead of Allianz.
There is a problem having two grounds next to one another SCG and Allianz with one hardly used in winter. Anyone think of that?
Brookvale cannot last if Manly pay excessive rates as it has been published and the so called government help is a myth.
Penn must have another plan.......Gosford?

seems like a bit of jockeying while the talk of amalgamating Council's is in progress. One Council from Manly to Palm Beach would likely have a smaller elected Council etc compared to the 3 now ... maybe

the manly mayor said stuff in the press the other day.. there are plans for redevelopment of Manly Oval too apparently.

who'd pay to redevelop rat park?

Yeah they are putting a car park under Manly oval. Fantastic revelopment

yes I heard that tookey.. bloody marvellous eh. all these pies in the sky and the best anyone can manage is a carpark.. visionary. Which architect came up with that 'un. Heard them all, light rail, new spit bridge, heavy rail to Manly under harbour like etc etc we're land locked and we don't care. all we need is for the new money to go away and pretend this all never happened.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6