Star centre Steve Matai says ‘No’ to Manly Sea Eagles contract extension

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mosto said:
And while mentioning Josh Massoud, heard this tool on ABC radio at the weekend spruiking his new book, The Ryan Tandy Story. Making out he just wants to tell the story of a good bloke who fell in with bad habits and people. No you're not Josh, you're trying to make a quid out of someone's suicide. If you're truly only concerned with getting this story out there, donate all profits to counselling for gambling addiction and Beyond Blue!

He has been very open regarding his friendship with Tandy, was even cautioned by his boss when he found out that Tandy was living at his place.
Yes, Massoud is a journo and Tandy was a footy player with a troubled life - doesn't mean they can't be mates.
From the interviews I've heard, Ryan was quite forthcoming with his story and was even concerned that he came across as a dickhead - we've all got mates that are dickheads - he knew the book was being written.

There's obviously more to the story regarding "that game" than we'll ever know and he's taken that to his grave.
It should be a reminder to everybody that footy players shouldn't be labelled role models, we're all different and have our own foibles.

So what if he makes a quid out of it?. That's what makes the world go 'round. Sometimes a story needs to be told and it's the legacy that goes with it ..and who's to say he's not donating any profits to Tandy's family, charity or whatever.

The Wheel said:
There is an old saying that the boys should learn: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

I'd rather have one in the bush than one in the hand. :p

EagleHaus said:
Masked Eagle said:
Seems a cut your nose off to spite your face type move.

how so? we all want each of these players to stay and each are integral in their own way. player managers are instigating this, but we dont want any of them lost to this club and would love them to retire here like kingdog. i say it's a 'keep the natives happy' type move.

What I meant by that is in simple terms is Matai is angry at the club because they refused a release so he could take a big money deal at another club. To show he is angry he refuses a big money offer from the club. I know there is more to it then that, but as I said in simple terms.

StuBoot said:
mosto said:
And while mentioning Josh Massoud, heard this tool on ABC radio at the weekend spruiking his new book, The Ryan Tandy Story. Making out he just wants to tell the story of a good bloke who fell in with bad habits and people. No you're not Josh, you're trying to make a quid out of someone's suicide. If you're truly only concerned with getting this story out there, donate all profits to counselling for gambling addiction and Beyond Blue!

He has been very open regarding his friendship with Tandy, was even cautioned by his boss when he found out that Tandy was living at his place.
Yes, Massoud is a journo and Tandy was a footy player with a troubled life - doesn't mean they can't be mates.
From the interviews I've heard, Ryan was quite forthcoming with his story and was even concerned that he came across as a dickhead - we've all got mates that are dickheads - he knew the book was being written.

There's obviously more to the story regarding "that game" than we'll ever know and he's taken that to his grave.
It should be a reminder to everybody that footy players shouldn't be labelled role models, we're all different and have our own foibles.

So what if he makes a quid out of it?. That's what makes the world go 'round. Sometimes a story needs to be told and it's the legacy that goes with it ..and who's to say he's not donating any profits to Tandy's family, charity or whatever.

Never said they weren't, or couldn't be mates, but take your point. Personally, I've had a couple of mates commit suicide, didn't race out and write a book about it, but everyone deals with things in their own way.

I can only assume profits are not going to those organizations, because if your promoting a book for charity, I'd think that'd be a major selling point, but no mention of it.

mosto said:
StuBoot said:
mosto said:

Never said they weren't, or couldn't be mates, but take your point. Personally, I've had a couple of mates commit suicide, didn't race out and write a book about it, but everyone deals with things in their own way.

I can only assume profits are not going to those organizations, because if your promoting a book for charity, I'd think that'd be a major selling point, but no mention of it.

The book had been finished for a few weeks before the suicide. Tandy saw it and accepted the tough descriptions of him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4