State of Origin 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tedesco is the new Gallen. Only picked because he is the captain, racks up impressive stats whilst adding no actual value, and keeps more impactful players out of the team.
Teddys been s... for some time now, I thought maybe at halftime they might switch Tom to fullback and Teddy to centre. Shame it didn't happen, he might not have taken that hit-up into the meat of the Qld fwds and that loose cannon brained Flogler..

Tedesco is the new Gallen. Only picked because he is the captain, racks up impressive stats whilst adding no actual value, and keeps more impactful players out of the team.
Why didn't TT ever pass to TT?

Whenever Tedesco went any where near Tom he would stop tuck the ball under his arm and go to ground with it. Another...probably a planned crossover move, no, Teddy ignores putting Tom into a hole and dies with the pill?

Teddy is out of form and has been all year. No idea how Api got picked ahead of Cook. Why was Hudson young starting and not Liam Martin.

Why was Hynes not picked at 5/8.

What about TPJ being picked. Strange selection considering he said he supports Qld.

All only my opinion though

DCE was great, I thought it was one of his best origin performances.

NSW were trash, might as well play with 11 men in attack when Frizell doesn't pass it and Tedesco doesn't either. Completely took Tom and To'o out of the game. One of the worst origin performances I've seen from NSW

Olakauatu is a much better player than Hudson Young. It looked like the only thing that Young was picked for was for being a niggler, which is worthless if you can't back it up.

Cleary and Luai did their best to disprove the club combinations theory. Did not gel at all.

It's time Tom is fullback for NSW

Jake was sorely missed

Fitter is a dud coach

Last edited:
Pre-game from my seat in the Riverbank Stand (more to come later). Only 8 rows from the top. FMD its high up there.

The crowd filled up very late but the end figure was 48,613 (capacity is 53,500). Not bad given that on Tuesday arvo only 40,000 tickets had been sold. The crowd was split about 60-40 in favour of Queensland.

Turbo looked very tentative out there. Watching him off the ball and he wasn't moving all that freely. If he had a roving commission like in his other Origin games he certainly didn't show it. Pretty much spent his 75 minutes out there at either right centre or wing and that's it. And they announced his HIA as a Category 1 so he gets an automatic 11 day rest. Unfortunately that means he misses our next game against the Dolphins on the 9th.

DCE was huge for Qld. The guy never shuts up in the huddle. Right now I would say form wise Cherry is easily having his best year personally since about 2014.

Attachments

• SoO 2023 001.jpg
    SoO 2023 001.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Did anyone else notice that when Turbo marked the kick off, when he started to move forward to pass the ball ... he actually slipped. I saw it, did anyone else? The crowd actually groaned a bit when he did that.

From then on though he really didn't look too interested in getting involved too much. And given that I saw he wasn't moving too freely, I think maybe that slip might have done something.

Maybe 11 days off isn't a bad thing. His head might not be the only body part that needs to heel??

QLD obv the better team, in both attack and defence. Blues showed no sign that answers are likely to occur to them before the next game. Frankly the score flattered us: the QLD victory was quite emphatic and clear. And they secured it a man down and players out of position everywhere.... just too good.

They showed the stats at the end on the scoreboard (er ... the video one :rofl: )

Possession was 53 to 47 ... to NSW. The Blues squandered the ball.

Oh, and that dark blue jumper looks like 💩 IMO. In person and from far enough away as I was it was very hard to distinguish between it and the Qld jumper. Whoever came up with the jumper change needs to join whoever came up with the Kangaroos World Cup numbers in the unemployment line.

One thing I did notice tonight. NSW played a lot like it was Penrith vs Qld out there. Non-Panthers were hard pressed to get the ball at times. Honestly, while Turbo did seem like he wasn't all that interested in getting involved, both he and Addo-Carr caught more colds than had plays go their side.

Does anyone remember back in 1983 when an Origin game saw NSW run the entire Parramatta backline (other than Easts fullback Marty Gurr. Something oddly familiar about that.....). It didn't work then either did it. While NSW did win that game 10–6 at the SCG, they lost the series.

Teddy is out of form and has been all year. No idea how Api got picked ahead of Cook. Why was Hudson young starting and not Liam Martin.

Why was Hynes not picked at 5/8.

What about TPJ being picked. Strange selection considering he said he supports Qld.

All only my opinion though
I thought api was one of our best but eitther hynes should have been 6 or cook should have been 14.

Martin was also one of our best; miles ahead of Hudson Young.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8