State of Origin Team Predictions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Queensland 2024 Predicted WINNING Team​

1. Reece Walsh​

2. Xavier Coates​

3. Valentine Holmes​

4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow​

5. Selwyn Cobbo​

6. Cam Munster​

7. Daly Cherry-Evans​

8. Reuben Cotter​

9. Ben Hunt​

10. Lindsay Collins​

11. David Fifita​

12. Jeremiah Nanai​

13. Pat Carrigan​

14. Harry Grant​

15. Moeaki Fotuaika​

16. Tom Flegler​

17. Jai Arrow​

The Maroon Smiling AssassinsView attachment 26767

Arrow is out and HTF will be racing the clock to get back.

Arrow is out and HTF will be racing the clock to get back.
In the mean time another Maroon player is being Groomed for another NSW Massacre

The Maroon production line flows like a fountain from a never ending stream of Winning Maroon Players
1713832284359.png

The Blues supporters on here are already feeling Blue before kick off
You can not blame the poor bastards
All those soul shattering loses they have endured
1713832486009.png

Hmmm. Can't agree with Terrell May, Utoikamanu nor Gauc (sadly). I think those guys just don't have the aggression needed for origin. Maybe it's because they're still too young. Gauc doesn't run it like his life depends on it. Liam Martin is an example of a classic origin player IMO. We need more like him. I'd also have Latrell in my team. Him and Turbo together are almost unstoppable and we have demolished QLD when they've both been there. Moses prob won't be ready in time so I'd prob have Luai at 5/8th - Hynes on the bench. And I'd have Edwards in for Suaalii. I like the aggressive manner in which Suaallii runs the ball but I think Edwards' form this season (and last) demands that he be there somewhere.
I think Edwards should be the FB but they will pick Teddy so I reckon Edwards to 14 as I agree he HAS to be in the team…

Terrell May is a beast and is made for origin imo, Utoikamanu has been massive for the tigpies this year and will be better for his origin run… Luai’s time has past at Origin I reckon and Hynes is next up(and has played well without being at his peak this year) but Moses gets the 6 if fit…

Could not play Trell based on his efforts and controversies this year… not in the right space to contribute to a winning team imo…

Guac gets a run I reckon and could be a match winner… can you imagine what Cleary would do with Guac outside him - no disrespect to Chez but I am salivating at the thought of Guac playing in a “Villiame Kikau” role for NSW…

Last edited:
1. Edwards
2. Sewerlii
3. TomT
4. Crichton
5. To'o
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Api
10. Jake
11. Martin
12. Guac
13. Yeo

I think Edwards should be the FB but they will pick Teddy so I reckon Edwards to 14 as I agree he HAS to be in the team…

Terrell May is a beast and is made for origin imo, Utoikamanu has been massive for the tigpies this year and will be better for his origin run… Luai’s time has past at Origin I reckon and Hynes is next up(and has played well without being at his peak this year) but Moses gets the 6 if fit…

Could not play Trell based on his efforts and controversies this year… not in the right space to contribute to a winning team imo…

Guac gets a run I reckon and could be a match winner… can you imagine what Cleary would do with Guac outside him - no disrespect to Chez but I am salivating at the thought of Guac playing in a “Villiame Kikau” role for NSW…
I just don’t think Gauc runs hard enough. Maybe that’s DCE not feeding him properly but I look at someone like Liam Martin, or Kikau or Brinton Nikora and they all run much harder. If gauc ran as hard as they do he’d be impossible to stop. Until he does that I don’t think he’s origin material. Happy to be proven wrong though.

I just don’t think Gauc runs hard enough. Maybe that’s DCE not feeding him properly but I look at someone like Liam Martin, or Kikau or Brinton Nikora and they all run much harder. If gauc ran as hard as they do he’d be impossible to stop. Until he does that I don’t think he’s origin material. Happy to be proven wrong though.
I have actually said basically the same thing… Guac rarely seems to get the ball at speed… yet his offensive numbers are great…

Scary what Cleary may be able to unlock with him… I actually think Cleary could even have a field day NOT passing to him and using him as a decoy…

I do find our bias in terms of playing style interesting.

Like is output and effect on the game the most important thing or how they look doing it.

Martin is a fantastic player so this is no dig but Martin "runs hard" and Olakau'atu doesnt.

Olakau'atu averages 9m per hitup with 5 tackle busts a game.

Martin averages 7m per hitup with 1 tackle bust per game.

So again, are we happy for a player to be less effective when running as long as they give the perception of gusto??

Is it style over substance?

To all those NSW feathered friends wasting their time once again predicting their teams

The only thing that is worth predicting is by what score the Blues will Lose

And thats why they call them, the Blues
Because they mostly Lose
1713907028896.png

I do find our bias in terms of playing style interesting.

Like is output and effect on the game the most important thing or how they look doing it.

Martin is a fantastic player so this is no dig but Martin "runs hard" and Olakau'atu doesnt.

Olakau'atu averages 9m per hitup with 5 tackle busts a game.

Martin averages 7m per hitup with 1 tackle bust per game.

So again, are we happy for a player to be less effective when running as long as they give the perception of gusto??

Is it style over substance?
I think it is an effort thing… whether that be perceived or real…

we see a guy with less natural advantage going hard the whole game and putting his team on the attack and/or scoring try’s through effort plays and we think “what an absolute warrior”… whereas we see a guy that is tall as a skyscraper with a wingspan as wide as the harbour bridge trundelling into the defence and shoving blokes aside and we tend to think “what could he be if he hit the ball at speed and played with the determination of a Liam Martin?”

No knock on Guac and I appreciate that his numbers are good but Martin has a knack of making big plays in big games and I just love him as a player…

I say it every year .
NSW need a Greg Bird type. Never the biggest,fastest or best player but just had what it takes to beat the two headed canetoads.
Results have been meek since Bird stopped playing.

I think it is an effort thing… whether that be perceived or real…

we see a guy with less natural advantage going hard the whole game and putting his team on the attack and/or scoring try’s through effort plays and we think “what an absolute warrior”… whereas we see a guy that is tall as a skyscraper with a wingspan as wide as the harbour bridge trundelling into the defence and shoving blokes aside and we tend to think “what could he be if he hit the ball at speed and played with the determination of a Liam Martin?”

No knock on Guac and I appreciate that his numbers are good but Martin has a knack of making big plays in big games and I just love him as a player…
I see it the same, but there comes a time, think Martin has put a lot of miles on the clock and abused the body, looks down on his best this year, rumour is his carrying a shoulder and that would explain a lot. Origin is no place to carry a suspect.

The tempo of origin is the unknown with Quac, still don’t think he’d let anyone down and I’d love to see him get his shot, but I’m selfish too and don’t want Manly hurting. He has a chance to push his case over the next couple of weeks, so good luck to the big fella.

Teddy is another, I think the time has come, Edward’s has earn‘t his shot, can’t pick and stick for ever, the results aren’t there either to say he has to stay, captain or not, Cleary is ready to take the C.

And here’s another, I‘d go with Brailey at 9, his my smokey and another of his team mates should be be in contention Nikora, plenty mobile and has big minutes made for origin, I have him in my side, leaves one edge and jumper 15, maybe it’s Quac and Martin pending the laters fitness, wouldn‘t see Angus letting the blues down if Martin was unfit.

I see it the same, but there comes a time, think Martin has put a lot of miles on the clock and abused the body, looks down on his best this year, rumour is his carrying a shoulder and that would explain a lot. Origin is no place to carry a suspect.

The tempo of origin is the unknown with Quac, still don’t think he’d let anyone down and I’d love to see him get his shot, but I’m selfish too and don’t want Manly hurting. He has a chance to push his case over the next couple of weeks, so good luck to the big fella.

Teddy is another, I think the time has come, Edward’s has earn‘t his shot, can’t pick and stick for ever, the results aren’t there either to say he has to stay, captain or not, Cleary is ready to take the C.

And here’s another, I‘d go with Brailey at 9, his my smokey and another of his team mates should be be in contention Nikora, plenty mobile and has big minutes made for origin, I have him in my side, leaves one edge and jumper 15, maybe it’s Quac and Martin pending the laters fitness, wouldn‘t see Angus letting the blues down if Martin was unfit.
Agree with most of that @Rafferty

However, I do not think Nikora is eligible as he has played for a 1st-tier nation (NZ)… unless the rules have changed?

1. Edwards
2. Sewerlii
3. TomT
4. Crichton
5. To'o
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Api
10. Jake
11. Martin
12. Guac
13. Yeo

Like it (no Suuali for mine) and to make it 18 add Tedesco, Murray, Young , Lomax and Saifiti.

I would consider Hynes or Brooks for Luai.

I may have missed it but I am surprised Brooks name has not even been mentioned in the media. I have only heard Moses, Luia, Walker (with comments he is unlikely due to form), Burton and Hynes.

I am not saying he should be the 5/8 but I think his form deserves some discussion.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10