Steve Matai Appreciation Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do others fear as I do that Matai will be moved on before 2016? :(
It was strange to see him missing from all the #StrongerTogether promos for Membership :confused:

Players come and players go, but it will be a truly sad day when Steve announces he's leaving. He has been a constant asset to the team for so many years on the field and a credit to himself and the club off the field. A warrior poet indeed!

It was strange to see him missing from all the #StrongerTogether promos for Membership :confused:

Wouldn't surprise me, the rumour mill has Bird coming to us as 5/8 with Skivvy to the Sharks as they need a centre.

Just a business these days, ask all of the sacked staff and players who haven't fitted the new business model.

The timing of moving players on has proven to be the right move in recent times. It will be sad to see him go but I feel it will be in the clubs best interest if we recruited Bird in exchange for Matai

I don't know. I didn't think that was an option. I hope not. Steve is the grizzled warrior...always on the front line, never overly flashy but you wouldn't swap him for a 1000 sbw's!

I don't know. I didn't think that was an option. I hope not. Steve is the grizzled warrior...always on the front line, never overly flashy but you wouldn't swap him for a 1000 sbw's!

Same coud be said of Matty, and he got tapped. Nothing in retention/recruitment makes sense at Manly any more :confused:

NRL has become Supercoach - personnel changes at the whim of the backroom mob :mad:

I wonder if he'd come to the Capra's? It's either that or retirement. It'd break my heart to see him play against us. And probably a few of our players as well.

I wonder if he'd come to the Capra's? It's either that or retirement. It'd break my heart to see him play against us. And probably a few of our players as well.

He should come over here and take up snowboarding...I'd love to see him take out wanker boy skiiers!!!!

I guess.....to draw a long bow......Beaver Menzies came on to replace Matai!

It's still one of my fav Manly moments!

My better half is currently asking me why tears are in my eyes!

Beaver...and Jack Daniels I answer!

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8