Steve Menzies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
Does it annoy anyone else that Beaver hasn’t been mentioned while giving DCE praise for becoming the most capped Manly player?

I love DCE and Cliffy, don’t get me wrong. But Steve Menzies had no choice when the Norther Eagles came into the comp. He never left our great club and played 349 NRL matches for us in my eyes.

DCE will eventually break the 349 mark I think, but yeah I immediately thought of Beavers record. Sucks they don’t include the NE matches as manly games. He never left the club.

I do find it thoroughly annoying. I was pleased when Fox gave Beaver a nod.

It is the kind of BS that everyone in the whole world knows is BS but is carried on straight-faced anyway.

I'm sure the club will have Menzies involved when DCE runs out for game 350.
That’s 40 more games.

So another 20 of so this year , and he’ll need to do another full year next year to reach that.

Do you think Cherry will go beyond 2025???

I have a feeling he won’t.

But if he went a further two years after that he could make 400 games , WOW

That’s 40 more games.

So another 20 of so this year , and he’ll need to do another full year next year to reach that.

I think the end of '25 will be the end, so it will be a tight race! A few finals matches will help!

My favourite all time Eagles are:
Beaver
Cliffy
DCE
So I'm just happy with whatever pans out.

The NRL have always been a stick in the mud about the amount of games that Beaver played for Manly/NE

The merger was NOT his choice, he stayed loyal and played nearly 350 games, that is excluding the games in England he played.

Always will be a legend of our club!!

That’s 40 more games.

Thing is that you just know Chez will play every one of those games - the bloke must be made of rubber and titanium because nothing ever tears or snaps (TOUCH WOOD!!!)…

Can anyone even remember him missing a game (that was not Origin-related)??

Agree it sucks for Beaver but I understand the NRLs stance as I also refuse to acknowledge that the Northern Eagles ever existed…

Thing is that you just know Chez will play every one of those games - the bloke must be made of rubber and titanium because nothing ever tears or snaps (TOUCH WOOD!!!)…

Can anyone even remember him missing a game (that was not Origin-related)??

Agree it sucks for Beaver but I understand the NRLs stance as I also refuse to acknowledge that the Northern Eagles ever existed…
I have a recollection of him doing an ankle once. I think he missed a game or two. Not sure though.

Beaver is chronically under rated.

I mean he is 4th on the all time try lists as a forward. There are no other forwards that I can recognise in the top 10 at least
That is an incredible fact isn't it!! The man knew how to score a try. And such a top bloke too. Doesn't take himself too seriously and is always happy to chat. True club legend.

After Jamie Lyon, my most favorite ever Rugby League player. Absolute ornament to the game, his family and his fans. It's an abomination that The Northern Eagles games don't count, and very narrow minded. Beaver, you're still number one in games played, you superstar.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8