Steve Smith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am still not getting it. He is looking better in the ODIs, but the way the commentary team were creaming their pants over an average innings today was just strange

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I am still not getting it. He is looking better in the ODIs, but the way the commentary team were creaming their pants over an average innings today was just strange

Overrated player,Hauritz is as good if not better with bat and ball

I was 25 when I moved here so i'll only be 50 but I'd rather be dead at 50 then call myself a Victorian mate!!

But yes I will probably move a few steps closer this weekend.

Shane link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=186286.msg313736#msg313736 date=1296377900]

[/quote]

Hauritz is as good as he'll ever be. Smith gets better with every game.

Hauritz was going well in the domestic comp but wasn't looking any better than Smith when he had half a shot at the international series.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=186286.msg313763#msg313763 date=1296391161]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=186286.msg313736#msg313736 date=1296377900]

[/quote]

Hauritz is as good as he'll ever be. Smith gets better with every game.

Hauritz was going well in the domestic comp but wasn't looking any better than Smith when he had half a shot at the international series.
[/quote]

Don't try and talk sense to Shane.

Have heard big things about him for a couple of years, and finally seeing him a decent amount this summer, he doesn't look half the player spoken about and at times looks terrible

Does he play the same way at 1st class level as he has been so far in the internationals ? And maybe picked too soon ?

He has certainly improved since these days as I am sure you would admit.

Like most top test batsman they have a flaw or 2 in their young days that they need to go back and work out.

Smith has done this, how long can he keep it up?

Certainly has improved a lot over the last couple of years. Has surprised me with the run of big scores

Still has the most punchable face in world sport though lol

I imagine Smith v Williamson v Root v Kohli will be what the next 10 years of batting will be about

lol

Awwww...but he has a lil baby face!

When he first arrived I thought who is this powder puff? won't be around long!

My awesome cricketer insight remains...100% rubbish!

lol

Awwww...but he has a lil baby face!

When he first arrived I thought who is this powder puff? won't be around long!

My awesome cricketer insight remains...100% rubbish!

Same thoughts from me too GE. I wondered where he parked the cot. Then he just started belting them everywhere.

Same thoughts from me too GE. I wondered where he parked the cot. Then he just started belting them everywhere.

And then you read this about Smith.....

AUSTRALIA’S new number three was a straightforward choice as man of the match after setting up the game with a fine double century in the first innings. While Smith’s score of 215 was quite orthodox (as the situation required) he showed his adaptability with some inventive strokeplay in the second innings. The 26-year-old slapped 58 runs from 48 deliveries to become the first batsman since Sir Donald Bradman in 1934 to score a double century and a half century in the same Ashes Test. He also broke Bradman’s record for the most runs by an Australian in a Test match at Lord’s.

Certainly has improved a lot over the last couple of years. Has surprised me with the run of big scores

Still has the most punchable face in world sport though lol

I imagine Smith v Williamson v Root v Kohli will be what the next 10 years of batting will be about

Will Williamson be able to go on with it?

Ross Taylor looked as good a bat as anyone about the same point in his career but just couldn't polish his action to rise to the upper echelon, i.e. mid 40's to 50+ average

No doubt at all, Williamson is world class and has a near perfect technique, Taylor has always had weak areas. Have heard about Williamson since he was about 13, prolific in every age group he came through

At 23 or 24, I already have him as the best NZ batsman I have seen and he will break all the records, his record is all formats over the past 2 years is phenomenal. I never thought he could be a class ODI bat but he has adapted to the game now to the point he is averaging 46 and striking around 90

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6