Stewart Bros.Talking to Dragons???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Peter C said:
I really doubt it if they will be going anywhere.
Brett Stewert is a year to year proposition and it is very unlikely that any other club will sign him long term, on the money that he gets from Manly.
As for Glen, he has captain written all over him and if Brett doesn't go then he is at very long odds to leave.

Don't underestimate the stupidity/greed of clubs. If the difference it luring him away is an extra guaranteed year on his contract that we mightn't be willing to do because of knee concerns than other clubs won't worry about it.

As for Glenn being a captain. I agree he could be a very good leader, but IMO the next skipper being Foran is a no brainer. Especially with Toovs as a coach and Foz's recent run in with refs, I doubt you will ever see a captain and coach be in as much sync as those two, for what I hope will be a long and successful reign.

Does anybody feel slightly worried that the Dragons didn't pursue the Tim Moltzen saga any further? To me it looks as though theyve got a back up plan in place, which I'm praying isn't going to be Snake in 2013.

For sure that is the reason

I heard it from my brothers cousins bin man

EagleRock40 said:
Does anybody feel slightly worried that the Dragons didn't pursue the Tim Moltzen saga any further? To me it looks as though theyve got a back up plan in place, which I'm praying isn't going to be Snake in 2013.

No.

bob dylan said:
EagleRock40 said:

No.

The dragons might indeed be after Snake for 2013, but they won't be the only ones and considering their inability to tie up Moltzen I wouldn't think they'd be more of a risk than anyone else. Until Snake makes a decision one way or the other, everyone has the potential to make him an offer which might be good enough to lure him away.

EagleRock40 said:

Moltzen was legally bound to the tigers and that's why the dragons didn't persue it. They wouldn't have got him anyway.

Can't see Brett going anywhere. ;)

The only thing that'll keep them at Brookie is Zorba, and that might'n even be enough.

Foran will go to the highest bidder

Chip and Chase said:
Not sure whether Brett perceives the support was from the "Club" or from Des and Zorba personally. Considering the latter two won't be around much longer it may influence his thinking.

So what happens if Peter Peters turns up on the Manly Board?

Let's be realistic. Players come and players go. The vital thing is to have a balanced competition and it's the best game to watch.

Eagles Terrorist said:
Let's be realistic. Players come and players go. The vital thing is to have a balanced competition and it's the best game to watch.

Nah, the vital thing is that Manly holds the Premiership trophy. :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6