Stewart offered $3.5 million to quit league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Campo did kick very little because back then they played RUNNING RUGBY . Not like the afl style they play now. Anyway Brett do what's best for you, sign with Manly for one more year because 10 years at Manly sounds so much better. But leave Glen here when you go.

manlyfan76 said:
Campo did kick very little because back then they played RUNNING RUGBY . Not like the afl style they play now. Anyway Brett do what's best for you, sign with Manly for one more year because 10 years at Manly sounds so much better. But leave Glen here when you go.

Campo actually had a huge boot and did kick quite a lot but the game of rugby has changed massively since professionalism, namely teaching backs how to tackle.

Back to Snake and that still seems like ridiculous money, even more so for a team in the second tier competition. I know the tax rules have changed for professional sportsmen in the UK the last few years making contracts like this less appealing than they were previously. Maybe the money isn't all guaranteed and he and the club need to meet certain conditions to get all the cabbage. ie, play a certain amount of games, make sure they get promoted, etc.

Does anyone know why Manly are only offering a 3 year deal and not a 4 year deal? What could be the issue with adding 1 more year to the contract?

And also IF snake goes and cant blame him if the offers are legit, Who do we have waiting in the wings for fullback? How do our youngers go?
We've seen what Farrar can do at fullback but what about other options?

If Brett goes we're about 500k under the cap for next year! And blokes like oldfield and lussick gone because we couldn't afford them. A designated signing month of the year now looks very attractive.

He would be mad not to take that offer if true, also i dont think Manly should pay 2.4m over 4 years for him either, maybe the whole thing is just his manager trying to bump up his price.

No idea where Ritchie gets info but London Irish are are top level club in the Aviva premiership competition.

I can't see Snake being value to any RU club as he has not much of a kicking game & no experience in the game at all.

NFN2IT said:
Does anyone know why Manly are only offering a 3 year deal and not a 4 year deal? What could be the issue with adding 1 more year to the contract?

Didn't we just sign Gutherson for 3 years, looks like a succession plan to me.

Considering the head of the NRL hung him out to Dry i would have no issue with him turning his back on the NRL after all it's what they did to him.

C'mon guys, ritchie only wrote this to come on here and laugh at how we are all imploding/exploding/goading/carbo loading and the like.

If we are all reasonable and measured in our responses, he'll have to ask his pet monkey to write another negative manly article and then he'll be late to his gutless cowards meeting (ritchie, not the monkey).

MWSE should make Snake an offer good enough for him to accept. And get on with it !
We as supporters, cannot be seriously contemplating letting either 1 or both Stewarts go elsewhere. Not saying MWSE is a one family team - but somewhere in there is an 'interesting core'.

How did we go in 2007 when both of them were playing. ?
We effectively won the comp (Storm's victory was illegal).

2008 well it was 40-0.
2009-10 when Snake was not playing and in trouble, despite having the same coach ? pretty crappy by our lofty standards. The whole playing roster was affected by the injustice.

2011 with the 'core' back on deck ? Another comp win.

If Brett goes elsewhere, with our ageing forwards and depleted backline, it could be years before we are Premiers again. Do you want to wait that long ?

Money isnt everything in life. Brett should have a chat to Matt Orford about the pleasures of living and playing in England before he goes down that career path.

So Ritchie the troll wrote this last night and would have before he went on the game plan I'm assuming tomake the print and says nothing on the gameplan

I would target slater rather than Stewart as there is bugger all tackling done by a fullback and slater in open play like the get would tear them a new arsehole.

Surely someone has looked at slater before now and i would assume he just cannot kick for crap.

Firstly I dont believe anything written in that gutter rag. Secondly if he goes where does that leave us in relation to have possibly re-signing the players we have lost.If Brett goes one would assume we could have kept a couple out of TRex,Whare,Lussick,Oldfield. Like I said before all this crap is ruining the game and personally I am sick of it as it is causing me to lose interest in this years team and the game I cherish.

Masked Eagle said:
Campo actually had a huge boot and did kick quite a lot but the game of rugby has changed massively since professionalism, namely teaching backs how to tackle.

Correct. Campo could kick, don’t worry about that. And run, and swerve, and goose step, and chip and chase. Just couldn’t tackle too well.

Cameron said:
Don't fullbacks and wingers in rugby have to kick. Havent seem much of a kicking game from him. Tactics from his manager to push up manlys offer?

My thoughts exactly. Haven’t seen Brett lay boot to ball very often.

Having said that I think in every other aspect he’d be fine, and if this is a genuine offer than he should jump on a flight now and sign up. That sort of coin is ridiculous and he won’t get that here in the NRL. It’s crazy to think that Irish are a second tier side, imagine what the top league would be shelling out.

A source in London said: "London Irish have the money. Rugby union has a salary cap twice the size of Super League.

"Brett Stewart would be a sensation over here. We watch him play NRL every week. He is an amazing athlete. He would set alight our competition."

What he doesn't tell you is that his source in London is some random bloke in a pub who has had 20 pints...

If true, Snake should take up the offer. Has done everything in the game and it's now time to look after his future.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2