Stewart 'Rested'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The way he's played this year its kinda hard to believe how far Snake has dropped off. He was actually the club's Players' Player winner in 2015, voted by his team mates as our best player.

Ironic isn't it. Our last two Players' Player awards have gone to Kieran Foran (2014) and Snake last year.

Edit: Snake was also the Members Best & Fairest in 2015.....

Praps his diabetes has finally caught up with him + hammies + knee troubles + down on confidence. Sadly, i fear the era is finished and we'll only see him on the brookvale pitch as a player once more. Round 25. Manly to finish 2nd last and Tuburculosis a 1 yr failed experiment. Dark days.

The way he's played this year its kinda hard to believe how far Snake has dropped off. He was actually the club's Players' Player winner in 2015, voted by his team mates as our best player.

Ironic isn't it. Our last two Players' Player awards have gone to Kieran Foran (2014) and Snake last year.

Edit: Snake was also the Members Best & Fairest in 2015.....
He was fantastic last year.

He was even ok in the early games - not to his form last year but he was ok and looked like he was building. It was after he has returned since he did the hammy the second time against Newcastle that he has looked off the pace.

This is really hard to say but despite his bad ankle, I'm more confident this week with Tom at fullback than I have been recently with Snake.

And Manly are actually yet to win a game where Tom has been our fullback. We're actually 0-3 (losses vs Dogs in Rd.1, Tigpies in Rd.2 and Broncos in Rd.10).

@JenEagle I can't really argue with that. Snake wasn't all that bad until he did his hammy against Newcastle. Since then.....

Fair point that you make there. It wasn't an easy decision but the point I was trying to make is that they've been through the bad PR before and probably want to handle Snake's retirement as well as possible to not let something similar happen again.
Zorba created the bad PR around the Glenn Stewart contract thing so they could use it to blame Toovey and Quantum. He wont purposely create bad PR now, because it makes him and his relatives look bad.

So Stewart's form is Barrett's fault I have heard everything. Stewart's ego will not allow him to play nsw cup
Lol his excellent coaching has also helped the whole team. I can't honestly say anyone is in top form at the moment.

He was fantastic last year.

He was even ok in the early games - not to his form last year but he was ok and looked like he was building. It was after he has returned since he did the hammy the second time against Newcastle that he has looked off the pace.
Yeah exactly. People have been saying he played one year too many but he was great last year. At the beginning of this year he wasn't adding much in attack but still looked just as good in organising and as our last line of defence.

If he comes back from a 2-3 week break just as bad as before then he's just not good enough but let's give him the time off he needs to come back firing and then judge him.

I think we'll see him back. He probably is being rested to get his crap together both mentally and physically. A few weeks off will do him good and I think he will come back for a final swan song. The Manly management isn't stupid enough to cause disruptions within the playing group again by moving on a respected senior player who's loved by the fans.
disruption or no disruption .....they can't get any worse

I can't wait to see the next Manly champion fullback take his rightful place. No one is indispensable. I'd hate to be denied the rest of the season with Tommy T at fullback in a vainglorious, futile attempt at recapturing the past.

Maybe they don't want him to play because his **** form is ruining any chance of a Superleague club picking him up? Even they're not that stupid.

Maybe his form has been aimed at Manly releasing him so he can sign a three year deal in SL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6