Stillnox

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've taken them once. They are probably the most effective sleeping tablet available but they can be very dangerous if taken incorrectly and can effect some people strangely. They're also highly addictive.

Some people have successfully defended charges of negligent driving etc because they got up and drove the in the middle of the night after taking it.

It doesn't effect everyone that way but I can see why people are worried about it.

Stillnox is the same as what they call Ambien in the US.

This story is such a non event, I am really disappointed in Matthew Johns who thinks this will interrupt Manly's preparation?. Are you kidding me?

Let me clear a few things

(1) No Manly fan or player gives a flying crap about origin. In fact i always hope for non selections
(2) Stilnox is not a performance enhancing drug - so whats the issue?
(3) What has a Melbourne-Manly semi final got to do with Origin.

Please Matthew, take some Stilnox and take a long nap. Your flapping mouth is pissing me off.

NYEagle

Mathew Johns is a confessed gang banger and his brother is a confessed drug taker. There's a pair of fools. How come they get media airtime?

A friend of my wife's took stillnox and ended up with some severe consequences (it started like Choc)

Like any drug it's use needs to be monitored by a professional...and it is not right for everyone

KOMORI said:
I'm a shift worker, and do a lot of looooong hours and odd shifts: my last week was this: Mon- 6am->2pm; tues- 6am->930pm; wed- 4am->2pm; thurs- 4am->2pm; fri- 4am->12pm; sun- 1230am->130pm; mon/tues/wed- 2pm-> 11pm. Next week will be back on early starts...

I thought you had to have an 8 hour break between shifts? They spruik health and safety, but when the bean counters start yelling it all goes in the crappper.
I wish they were around years ago...as a former shift worker I tried plenty of sleepers back then...nothing comes close to Stillnox. As others have mentioned, misused and they can have dire consequences.

Minimum 10 hr break after 12+hrs.... But when work must be done..... it must be done, and time & half or double time eases the pain somewhat ;)

Stilnox is like ANY drug: even Panadol can kill you if abused, so restraint must be shown. I wouldn't say they are at all addictive as such... It's a fine line between addiction and dependency however! I've never had any sort of withdrawal symptoms after extended periods of usage, but I find myself laying awake waiting for the chemical "sleep trigger" that doesn't come if I suddenly stop using them.

I haven't had any for a while actually... and struggle to sleep immensely... Stilnox are certainly a helping hand to the shift worker and I can understand the reasoning behind athletes using them.

Chip and Chase said:
What I didn't get was did Choc take them to help him sleep, or for the effect he ultimately got ?

I'd suggest he took them to get to sleep, but had probably had a drink or two as well. They DO NOT mix with alcohol well at all: for me it's horrible half asleep vomiting, for others they might sleep but do weird stuff (like go for a stroll). Multiples compound the issue.

KOMORI said:
Chip and Chase said:
What I didn't get was did Choc take them to help him sleep, or for the effect he ultimately got ?

I'd suggest he took them to get to sleep, but had probably had a drink or two as well. They DO NOT mix with alcohol well at all: for me it's horrible half asleep vomiting, for others they might sleep but do weird stuff (like go for a stroll). Multiples compound the issue.

I'll admit years ago I did have one with a cpl bourbon chasers at home to see what the hype was about. I didn't remember a thing the next day. or doing anything after taking them...how wrong was I?
There are several ppl (including the wife) who witnessed some of the "activities" I got up to that night (apparently!). That was seven years ago, and they still like to throw that one up anytime you hear Stilly abuse on the media...bastards.:s:)

STATE of Origin coach Ricky Stuart said last night Manly backrower Anthony Watmough was dropped from the NSW team in 2005 because he didn't fit into his coaching plans, not because of any misuse of the sleeping pill Stilnox.......

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/anthony-watmough-was-not-dismissed-from-ricky-stuarts-team-for-behavioural-reasons/story-fnca0von-1226478425093

DSM5 said:
Mathew Johns is a confessed gang banger and his brother is a confessed drug taker. There's a pair of fools. How come they get media airtime?

The same reason channel 9 is insolvent and has cost its private equity owners at least $1.9b in lost equity and probably a whole lot more shortly. TV is run by ego driven fools

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6