Storm decline World Club Series

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would only say yes if they were to play it at the Amsterdam Arena! But otherwise I can see no benefit for any club to be part of this.

giphy.gif

Increasing the World Club Challenge to involve six clubs has been a huge mistake. The Nines and Indigenous All Stars games have their supporters, but most NRL identities would rather see the World Club Challenge scaled back to the just feature the Premiership winning sides. The NRL sides almost always have to travel to the UK rather than the Super League sides travelling to Aus (because their regular season has already started/ starts sooner than ours), and the NRL sides thrashed the Super League sides in all three games last year. It's detrimental to both competitions. Not to mention it should be played post-season rather than in the pre-season.

It ****ed our pre-season last year forcing us to play our home trial game against a QLD Cup team full of rookies because the Roosters were part of the series (leaving Manly as the odd team out as we usually trial against the Roosters at home), giving us a false sense of our form that saw us get hammered against the Bulldogs in Round 1. Melbourne are right to knock it back in my opinion. Unless your club is riding high off winning a Premiership, there's little reason to travel across the globe to play a team from a different competition when your regular season is a few weeks from starting.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2