Pre-Game Storm v Manly [Finals 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

40 12
Sunshine Coast Stadium
10 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

I think Lawton is criminally underrated. Funnily enough, his style of play/his body type is strikingly similar to the Cheese himself. He is a more powerful/explosive player than Croker which might work in our favour against Storm. I don’t think this materially hinders our chances

We can't now just rely on Turbo tomorrow night to get us out of trouble.

Every player needs to be on song.

If we pull off the upset it will be a very famous victory and night for our club.

DCE and foz have to step up tomorrow night.

Nervous and so excited at the same time for tomorrow night.

That's the big thing now I worry tomorrow while Croker is not the best number 9 out there he has been very solid and has built nice steady combinations as you said with DCE, make and Tom.

That team dynamic is now not there tomorrow night, Lawton better be on his game and know our plays.

Could be a masterstroke from Des or be the downfall for us , the 9 is so crucial these days.
Masterstroke? He has no choice, Crocker is injured.

Croker adds another kicking option but Lawton is a better runner. Be good to see him have a crack

If we lost Croker and Lawton was sidelined also i'd be way more concerned but at least a player comes in that plays in that position. I am also looking forward to him having a start and seeing how it goes. Hate that it's a high pressure finals game but he is a good player that won't let the team down.

Croker's long pass is much better than Lawton's too which makes the shifts crisper.

Oh well, it is what it is. I love Karl Lawton so good to luck to him!

I don't think its the end of the world with Lawton at 9, as he's played big minutes there previously and gives his all into every game.

The bench is interesting - is Siro the best or would we be better off with Suli, or Sipley? Imho against the Storm we'll need our best defence and for that reason I wouldn't have Suli. Inclined to think Siro is our best option in terms of his defence, as well as having an X factor in attack.

What disappoints me about Croker’s absence is not that we thought the club was about to finally play the business end of the season at full strength(Fainu aside) but once again that the club is playing cloak and dagger with injuries
Yeah, right before a semi. Stupid Des should have got on the blower and called in the news to Bellamy. Fair dinkum - the entitlement of some fans is beyond bewildering.

Yep - Des could not give a ripe royal fart about fans being upset at not having the inside info on the team. I mean, really?
Some fans get upset because they do not see the real reason behind our coaches actions

Des would not do anything to upset our fans

Des has a job to do and that is to do everything possible that he believes is advantageous to our teams chances of winning

If he listened to us fans . Some wanting this and some wanting that

Manly would be coming last on the ladder

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11