Post-Game Discussion Storm v Manly [Finals 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Storm
Vs
Sea Eagles
40 Sunshine Coast Stadium
10 Sep 2021 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

We were schooled a reality check..
Jake and Marty too slow in defence and attack
We do not have a hooker
Our second rowers are very inexperienced
We don’t have any zip from our centres
And our 5/8 ( who has over achieved this season) is ageing fast
The total sum of the above means we can’t build pressure.. we have no go forward and that means our half back looks lost
And ultimately the games best player has nothing to do with no ball and no field position
Sad really when our 2 best players are our wingers who had a real dig
And you know what else ruben to me really seemed like he was one of the few players really hurting after tonight.

Saab walker ruben 3 who had a crack tonight.

We are done for 2021 and will be something similar next week against easts.

When you have Harper, Olakau, and Schuster playing the ball like they are being birthed out of a canal over 8 hours, it'll never work against a Storm defensive unit.
That made me laugh in the face of adversity.About the only thing that did though.

Roosters will win their game and we’ll be out in straight sets.

They’ll learn a lot out of this , it’ll hurt and hurt breeds desire .
I think we’ll win next week and get done similar to tonight v Penrith. Tbh if there’s one team I’d prefer to play in a prelim it’s Penrith rather than Melb. Pressure on Penrith will be huge. We could upset them.

That was tough to watch. Really thought after we played them about a month ago that we would be better and to be honest we were probably worst.

Credit to the Storm, they played really well and just a few observations I noticed.

1. Obviously Morgan Harper was targeted and he has had an amazing season but unfortunately he had a rough night. I'd like to think he will be better for that experience tonight.

2. Noticed in D on our line, alot of fullbacks defend in the line and noticed a few times that Tom would be defending in the line close to the ruck, they would run someone at him, he was caught either at marker or at A/B then they would shift and Tom would be caught in field trying to run across to cover but either didn't make it or would make it and bat the ball dead.

3. Geez Melbourne did a great job slowing it down, tangling and not giving us any opportunities for quick play the balls and zero momentum. Interested to see anyone at the game if it felt like Melbourne were lying all over the ruck?

All in all I think this team might need another 12 months together and some more luck with injuries, they can really stick it to teams 5-16 but maybe just a little short of the top 3 teams atm. I hope I'm wrong but even if they can win next week I'm not sure they can keep up with the Panthers.

Thoughts anyone?
My take is that we are on the rebuild and the deficiencies that were exposed tonight in both defence and attack will be improved by addition of quality players

Been sitting here trying to analyse what just happened, I think everyone else has already said it. We dropped ball, they laid all over us, Harper had a shocker, the kids learnt what semi final football is all about, the grubs shut down DCE and Foran so Tom couldn't get into the game, Saab scored a hilarious try and I yelled at the TV a lot.

Bring on the Roosters next week, I'll be on the couch with beer in hand cheering again.

That was tough to watch. Really thought after we played them about a month ago that we would be better and to be honest we were probably worst.

Credit to the Storm, they played really well and just a few observations I noticed.

1. Obviously Morgan Harper was targeted and he has had an amazing season but unfortunately he had a rough night. I'd like to think he will be better for that experience tonight.

2. Noticed in D on our line, alot of fullbacks defend in the line and noticed a few times that Tom would be defending in the line close to the ruck, they would run someone at him, he was caught either at marker or at A/B then they would shift and Tom would be caught in field trying to run across to cover but either didn't make it or would make it and bat the ball dead.

3. Geez Melbourne did a great job slowing it down, tangling and not giving us any opportunities for quick play the balls and zero momentum. Interested to see anyone at the game if it felt like Melbourne were lying all over the ruck?

All in all I think this team might need another 12 months together and some more luck with injuries, they can really stick it to teams 5-16 but maybe just a little short of the top 3 teams atm. I hope I'm wrong but even if they can win next week I'm not sure they can keep up with the Panthers.

Thoughts anyone?
They definitely suffocated us. Our errors didn't help. Completely changed when Morgan dropped it and they scored.We were moving the ball well and after that went into our shell.

Some soft defence as well, have been making those tackles during the year

Missed sipley off the bench IMO. Also losing the hooker has a big impact

We have looked good during the season when we get qick play the balls and play off that. Did not win the ruck at all tonight. Melbourne forwards really won that battle.

Can definitely improve and get a win next week. Just have to cut out the errors and lift the intensity! Not miss those easy tackles and have the inside defense cover. Play as a team and play a smarter game of footy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10