Pre-Game Storm v Manly [Round 17, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

24 6
AAMI Park
24 Jun 2023 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get away with less than a 30 point loss it'll be a miracle. I honestly can't see us winning another game this year except maybe the Dogs game.
Bit harsh Mick, we got Jake coming back for the Roosters game to bolster the fwds. We probably need to attack more through our forwards now, Turbo was our backline attack and now it's gone. Schuster needs to work more with the forwards now, ala Ola and Bully, more so than the backs. Keeping the score respectable will probably feel like a win tho.

I tipped us last week with a great deal of confidence so clearly I have no idea. This week gives me absolutely zero confidence so maybe that is a good thing.

What's the point of Many these days? Why are we there? We just make up the numbers. We are just another useless, dud Sydney team like the Tigers. Fans and the clubs players and owners happy with making the finals every few years and that is the definition of success. I can't see us in the foreseeable future ever seriously competing with the top clubs to win the comp. We're useless.

Thanks for giving us hope in the dogs game, but I remind you last year we were certainties to the win the dogs game, even let 16-0 after 18 minutes and still managed to findf a way to lose. I remember Daveys passionate dummy spit being in such a crucial game (round 25 against a fellow bottom feeder). Pelican.

So I question your optimism with this one.

NYEagle
I did say maybe LOL

What's the point of Many these days? Why are we there? We just make up the numbers. We are just another useless, dud Sydney team like the Tigers. Fans and the clubs players and owners happy with making the finals every few years and that is the definition of success. I can't see us in the foreseeable future ever seriously competing with the top clubs to win the comp. We're useless.
Looked for a "Sadly agree" emoji but couldn't find one. Honestly would need to roll three or four of the f@$king things into one.

Interesting when he was questioned about Weekes at fullback.

Sounds like that experiment might nearly be over....

I find Seibold's demeanour has changed markedly since the beginning of the year.

He does not seem anywhere near as confident in interviews with the playing group or the job at hand.

For Manly's sake I hope this all works out....

That useless, dud Tigers team that is actively picking off OUR top juniors like the Fainus and Feledy? The same team we have signed complete duds like Aloiai, Tuilagi and Talau from? As opposed to their recent signings of Api, Bateman, Papali'i, Klemmer...

I understand your point but at least that team seems to have a plan to turn things around, we are making idiotic moves on a daily basis

I find Seibold's demeanour has changed markedly since the beginning of the year.

He does not seem anywhere near as confident in interviews with the playing group or the job at hand.

Lots more ums than earlier in the year and he must've said "we go again" 15 times. Definitely seems a little rattled. Not that I can blame him given our current trajectory.

Lol, if you look back to the threads before the raiders game you'll see pretty much identical despair posts. Yet we thrashed them. Manly is a Jeckyll and Hyde currently, so don't blink or might miss Dr Jeckyll! @:D
I think the Storm players will be fired up after the media hype of how they were belted by the Manly forwards. Olam will be looking for some big hits as well. I fear our powder puff Hyde will show up when the heat gets turned on.

Yea, Nah

Bit harsh Mick, we got Jake coming back for the Roosters game to bolster the fwds. We probably need to attack more through our forwards now, Turbo was our backline attack and now it's gone. Schuster needs to work more with the forwards now, ala Ola and Bully, more so than the backs. Keeping the score respectable will probably feel like a win tho.
I thought you were going to say "bit harsh Mick .......... I think the Dogs can beat us too" @:D

That useless, dud Tigers team that is actively picking off OUR top juniors like the Fainus and Feledy? The same team we have signed complete duds like Aloiai, Tuilagi and Talau from? As opposed to their recent signings of Api, Bateman, Papali'i, Klemmer...

I understand your point but at least that team seems to have a plan to turn things around, we are making idiotic moves on a daily basis
1,000% agree

Main points...Toms 2nd Pec injury first one in 2019, so he's done the left and right one now. Ben T and Kelma, Parker are good to go next week as is Jake. just leaves Tom on the injury list...this truly sucks !!
And to think next week could of been the first time in a long while we had our full strength squad available.

truly sucks as you said but we have to move on turbo won’t be back until 2024 so we need to try to find solutions to this problem

And to think next week could of been the first time in a long while we had our full strength squad available.

truly sucks as you said but we have to move on turbo won’t be back until 2024 so we need to try to find solutions to this problem
Was going to mention this, think we've only had our full strength team out just the once from memory this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10