Post-Game Discussion Storm v Manly [Round 17, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Storm
Vs
Sea Eagles
24 AAMI Park
24 Jun 2023 19:35
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I’m still waiting for somebody to comfort me with a semi-believable reason how Pezet outplayed our megastar, Shyster???
Make no mistake, Pezet is a great young player. I remember watching an u18s (or 20s) SOO match a few years ago, expecting Schu to dominate. It was Pezet that was the gun in that match, so I’m not surprised that Pezet is playing well.

So, as to the reason: we inflate the present ability of Schu whilst Pezet is out of the limelight down in Melbourne learning his craft behind Hughes and Munster.

I did he played solid but is rubbish and it's embarrassing that he got a run. Maybe read what was written before you respond.
Maybe you should put the bong down. You’re the embarrassment. The fact that you have to run with the sheep and call out a bloke that actually had a fkn go from the get go is what pisses me off with you clowns. Why don’t you call out Shuster? You want rubbish. Well he delivered.

Make no mistake, Pezet is a great young player. I remember watching an u18s (or 20s) SOO match a few years ago, expecting Schu to dominate. It was Pezet that was the gun in that match, so I’m not surprised that Pezet is playing well.

So, as to the reason: we inflate the present ability of Schu whilst Pezet is out of the limelight down in Melbourne learning his craft behind Hughes and Munster.
Thank you for some rational insight that calmed my emotional reactivity… how do we replicate a system like that?

Same old, same old. Even if we do manage to start the game looking like a professional NRL team, as soon as anything goes against us - a penalty, a repeat set, a mistake - we fold like a cheap suit.

There is no point in "having a dig" for 20 minutes before gifting our opponents opportunities and tries. Again, we essentially beat ourselves. Without Munster, Melbourne don't offer much, but against a team that continually fumbles the ball and gives up in defence, they don't have to.

Not sure if this was mentioned in the game day thread, but did anyone else notice how subdued Haumole was when he scored?

Used to seeing see more fire or exuberance from him.

Ok - Seibold in the presser - “our defence was good” - the first step is admitting you have a problem
He knows we have a problem
Every knows we have a problem the way we been playing
He is there to fix the problem , find solutions and lift the team to higher standards
So far on his half yearly report card he is underachieving
Lets hope by the end go the year things can change for the better
Because another year of Manly not competing in the finals would be another disappointing and underwhelming year

With Tom out our attack is munted . Need to take some risks . Bring Latu up and put shoe to 13. Shoe has looked very good in attack with Tom but he needs a slick fullback off his hip to make stuff happen. Gaz isn’t a natural ball player so doesn’t help shoe’s attacking game like Tom.

Time to blood is supposed superstar

I've been a great supporter of Schuster, but he's just not cutting it as five eighth. He's not involved enough in either attack or defence. From next week, I think he should revert to back row with Latu promoted to five eighth.
Des was right all along with Schu… he is a ball-playing back rower that is best defending closer to the middle where he is less exposed and can get more support…

He is not an 800K ball- playing forward tho (imo)…

What a terrible night, watching that crap intermittently on my mobile phone while attending a function in the land of crowing cocks. Thirty more minutes and it will be Uber, Uber take me home.

Last edited:
Not sure if this was mentioned in the game day thread, but did anyone else notice how subdued Haumole was when he scored?

Used to seeing see more fire or exuberance from him.
First thing I thought too.
Glad I wasn't the only one.
Maybe nothing maybe not

The team selection was a very safe team, coaching staff must be feeling the heat.

Not many attacking options apart from DCE tonight, lack of speed hurt with points early on.

Like to know the crack on why Sammy was dumped, the current bench has no creativity or impact.

Vision is lacking from the coaching staff or not backing their plans due to the heat is showing.

I tuned off just before half time and loss was never in doubt. What exactly has the change of coach done? The team still cannot find ways to win games without Turbo. At this rate Manly won't win another game this season. 😔

Same old, same old. Even if we do manage to start the game looking like a professional NRL team, as soon as anything goes against us - a penalty, a repeat set, a mistake - we fold like a cheap suit.

There is no point in "having a dig" for 20 minutes before gifting our opponents opportunities and tries. Again, we essentially beat ourselves. Without Munster, Melbourne don't offer much, but against a team that continually fumbles the ball and gives up in defence, they don't have to.
Thank god they did all that armed forces PR BS in the off-season to teach them resilience and camaraderie.

I tuned off just before half time and loss was never in doubt. What exactly has the change of coach done? The team still cannot find ways to win games without Turbo. At this rate Manly won't win another game this season. 😔
The team found a way to win without Turbo in 2019. Week two of the finals where we were royally screwed over by the bunker. We were finding a way to win without Turbo last year as well, but then management decided to play funny buggers with our jersey.

The team found a way to win without Turbo in 2019. Week two of the finals where we were royally screwed over by the bunker. We were finding a way to win without Turbo last year as well, but then management decided to play funny buggers with our jersey.
We did win some games but I'm still not convinced this team has the ticker to win games without Turbo.

From Post #1:

FULL TIME SCORE

Storm: 24
Manly: 6

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song: N/A

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles: TBA

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

Nothing to report as yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that this is not up to my usual standard this week because I am away in Townsville for a week and I have had to do this post using my phone 😕

Des was right all along with Schu… he is a ball-playing back rower that is best defending closer to the middle where he is less exposed and can get more support…

He is not an 800K ball- playing forward tho (imo)…
He isn't a forward he can't tackle or bust tackles. He is just a big half who doesn't use his size

He wasn't playing in the halves under Des because Foran is a better player, and Foran is a better player because he works harder at his craft

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8