Post-Game Discussion Storm v Manly [Round 17, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Storm
Vs
Sea Eagles
24 AAMI Park
24 Jun 2023 19:35
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Ok - Seibold in the presser - “our defence was good” - the first step is admitting you have a problem
To be fair, I thought goal line defence was good, as for the tries they scored, two were scored by Coates on Vaega's wing, this was not unexpected and hopefully this will shut people up about Vaega being first grade material, another came from a grubber kick in goal and one was a Hail Mary pass from Warbrick , as for NAS's try, the guy who does the no look passes has also adopted the no look tackling style.

Really now, well, for a start, DCE is contracted for another two years after this year, so what do we do about the one million a year in the salary cap that we lose as DCE is still a contracted player?.
Another thing, no one in the list you provided has had any coaching experience whatsoever, let alone NRL experience
Speaking of DCE, he features in the intro to the new SBS series about Sydney KSA - Inside Sydney Airport.

Here he is:
AC0576D6-AF9B-4513-9389-4D1B653F8F41.jpeg

I wish people would have a serious look at the match stats.

I know they aren't everything, but they will paint a clear picture as to why we got beaten last night.

Some key points

We had most possession.

Completion rate very similar.

We missed fewer tackles.

We have faster play the balls

Made less errors.

I wish people would have a serious look at the match stats.

I know they aren't everything, but they will paint a clear picture as to why we got beaten last night.

Some key points

We had most possession.

Completion rate very similar.

We missed fewer tackles.

We have faster play the balls

Made less errors.

Matters not if you cant get across the stripe.

There’s something going on behind the scenes. About half the players are really trying and the other half seem to be just going thru the motions. They don’t look like a team that’s together. They’re more like a collection of small playing groups/cliques, that are playing in the same team.
I had the exact same thought watching the game. It seemed there were two different groups playing on our team. There was one group that was obviously busting a nut with energy and enthusiasm, and then the other group looked apathetic, disinterested and lacking energy. I don't remember there being such a stark contrast within our playing group in the same game. Sure, players go through patches of form and drop off of form, but this was just glaring and appeared in groups or cliques as you mentioned.

I had the exact same thought watching the game. It seemed there were two different groups playing on our team. There was one group that was obviously busting a nut with energy and enthusiasm, and then the other group looked apathetic, disinterested and lacking energy. I don't remember there being such a stark contrast within our playing group in the same game. Sure, players go through patches of form and drop off of form, but this was just glaring and appeared in groups or cliques as you mentioned.
Last two months of season 2022...

Last two months of season 2022...
Well, yes. True. I just saw that as an exceptional situation so the division was somewhat understandable... but, what is going on now that may be triggering such stark division again? Surely, it's not the same event from last season?

From Post #1:

FULL TIME SCORE

Storm: 24
Manly: 6

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song: N/A

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles: TBA

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

Nothing to report as yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that this is not up to my usual standard this week because I am away in Townsville for a week and I have had to do this post using my phone 😕
It’s taken me nearly four days to give you a "Thankyou @Jethro (I have been crook, but even if I wasn’t, it still would’ve taken me four days after that garbage game). To do all the work you do, especially after a game like that….I salute you.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8