Strip DCE of the Captaincy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Oh hello. The big call of 'OUR FIRST SPOON' has been wheeled out again in round 2.
FFS. Just go and support Melbourne or the rooters so you can be happy and positive watching a winning team who have already 'WON THE SPOON'.
Oh Hello. Another fan boy.

Iv supported Manly for 38yrs and plan on supporting them for another 38. I won’t however sit back and say nothing when we are putting in inept performances every week. I hold the team, club and captain to a much higher standard. Especially on a day when we lost our first Premiership Captain.

Since you so obviously accept mediocrity in your life may I suggest supporting the Eels, or the bears or the Steelers....

• 👍
Reactions: Kez
Can someone explain how supposedly 2 exoerienced halves who played in GF can't manufacture a repeat set kicking game in attrocious conditions that favoured us in the 2nd half
Game plan ......

Just because obvious replacements are few does not mean we shouldnt set the bar higher than what DCE brings. If we continue to allow him to be the centre of our culture and the highest standard we set we will not be manly

See thats the key, we are manly, rich history, with years standards other teams dream off. Now we are laughed at for the standard we set

It doesnt need to be a star player. It needs to be a player who epitomises the spirit and standard we want to set at all times for the club

Id even take parker over this **** show. At least he has a go every day.

I wouldn't mind seeing Marty as captain. He takes pride in doing the job he's assigned and winning means a lot to him. I really think he could galvanize the team. Not sure who stands in when he's off though.

Don’t forget that the same half helped QLD win origin last year with a severely undermanned team that didn’t include Turbo....
NSW were too busy looking at Munster run to notice the good work DCE was doing. That said, I do agree that DCE is out of form at the moment, and is taking 'easier options'.

Now if it’s up to me he wouldn’t play for us. But that simply isn’t going to happen. At the least he should be stripped of the captaincy. Here is why..
1. He is not a leader, can’t lead, doesn’t know how to lead.
2. His form is horrendous, help him focus on his playing.
3. Divides fans and players alike. Just check these forums for confirmation. A captain should bring players together. Give fans confidence. He does the opposite.
4. He admitted to playing to help his own score on SuperCoach!! ARE. YOU.FUKING.SERIOUS.

Does it fix everything? Of course not, but it will put everyone on notice.
Yes he is out of form. But so are a lot of other blokes. DCE is a champion and you never write off a champion. He's clearly missing Turbo and to be fair we haven't had too many linebreaks in either game so his natural support play can't flourish as well. He's just lacking a bit of confidence at the moment and probably feels a bit of pressure. He'll bounce back, he always does. Just needs to run at the line a bit more and find his rhythm, seems to be "thinking" too much with the ball. He is the captain of our club and has proven to be a champion player in the past and he will again. Go Daly and Go Manly!

It seems many are missing the point. We don't have a pack that can dominate, therefore the halves are always on the backfoot. I'm utterly confused about the Foran signing - love him to death, but he's clearly not the answer behind a dominated pack.

As for Saab - really?! Apart from height, what's he bring? Hell, Cook ran him down with a 10m start!

The truth is we don't have the cattle this year - its going to be a hard, long, depressing season.
Not correct cook was already behind the ruck and in front of Saab he just turned around and went laterally over a pretty short distance and got him .if he had to turn and chase him Saab wins every day

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10