Stuart RAPER and Bill HARRIGAN SACKED!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great news, but FFS when is the ARLC gunna ever have a replacement to name when they rissole someone.....After the Goose got the punt i thought a successor would be announced the next day...and same as this. How many bloody interim chiefs are running this assylum.
Its very poor management.
They are about to announce their "vision" but most likely the guys doing the interim sh!t wont be there

FMD Russel Smith any near running the show scares me!
Tony Archer should be the man.

Harrigan, smoke on my big one!

I remember the 1980s round game loss against the Sharks vividly. We entered the game very short priced favourites. We started the game on fire. Every indication early in that match that we would not only win, but also put them to the sword and annihilate the gumby's.

Enter, centre stage Bill Harrigan. Ego and all. 13 penalties later, we lose the match and coach Fulton, bemused by us getting screwed, asks if someone could please order a cement truck as a just outcome for his refereeing incompetence and/or bias.

How he managed to survive for so many many years is beyond me ... But then again so many super league prostitutes profited by their act of bastardry.

Gallop castrated and Halligan debunked. Good progress and the task remains to seek total media independence.

The most memorable Harrigan moment was the first Broncos V Manly game in the re-unified comp at QE2 stadium Brisbane.

He blew something like 30 penalties against us and sent Tooves off for calling him a "Cheating Super League *UNT"

Never a truer statement uttered by Tooves.

Hopefully we'll see Harrigan digging ditches by the side of the road soon.

Harrigan proved himself to be an idiot when he came up with the suggestion that each team should be allowed one forward pass per half of each game.

bones said:
Harrigan proved himself to be an idiot when he came up with the suggestion that each team should be allowed one forward pass per half of each game.

What a dickhead, I live down south and see him all the time around here,he's just a guy who refereed the game at a high level, never played it though, big deal.

From the games I saw, that 'one' turned into many. What ever happened to that ref with the beard? I thought he was alright.

Greg McCallum? They should put Toovey in charge of the refs, with Thurston as his assistant. That would shake up the ranks somewhat.

Harrigan shocked by the decision??? Please, this was the worst year for incompetence by the referees. What did he think was going to happen, a promotion?

Later Hollywood thanks for the memories!

Harrigan says it's the nrl rules book fault.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/sacked-referees-boss-bill-harrigan-says-no-former-club-coaches-should-be-considered-as-his-and-stuart-rapers-successors/story-fn2mcuj6-1226504451586

Russell "replay" Smith is terrible..
but then again the other 2 had lost the plot !!

Not really sure what to make of this.

DSM5 said:
. What ever happened to that ref with the beard? I thought he was alright.

McCallum, I think he went to the ESL to be their refs boss quite a while ago didn't he?

Wasnt Stuart Raper one of the applicants for Geoff Toovey's No 2 coaching position. Do you think he knew what was coming.

Harrigan was right about one thing though. The game's rules are too discretionary and need to be simplified and tightened so that 'mistakes' based on interpretations arent made. Of course this doesn't explain some of the video decisions....sometimes I thought I was watching the wrong game. I fully support the video system and believe it should be expanded because we can see more than the ref and only seems fair that they should benefit from what we see. However, some of those video refs should have been seeing OPSM years ago.

BILL Harrigan says an NRL coach should never take over his former role as referees' boss and has called for an overhaul of the code's rules.

Harrigan paid the price for a series of refereeing blunders this year, with interim NRL CEO Shane Mattiske announcing major changes.

The former leading referee admitted he was disappointed with his and co-coach Stuart Raper's dumping after two seasons in the job.

"The thing I am disappointed with is I do love the game I am passionate about it and I do love refereeing," Harrigan said.

"It is hard to walk away from the game and I do feel like something has been taken away from me."

Harrigan said he was hamstrung by the NRL law book and called for changes to be made to the rules of the game.

"I think we have probably made it too complicated," Harrigan said. "The rule book certainly needs to be looked at because the game has changed just through the viewing of it.

"We have extra slow-motion replays and a number of cameras on it. The scrutiny on the rule book doesn't suit the modern game. It has to be overhauled at some stage."

It has been reported that ex-NRL coaches Tim Sheens, Brian Smith and Kevin Moore are being considered for the position as referees' boss.

"That has been tried when they had Peter Louis in there and they also had Robert Finch," Harrigan told Triple M yesterday. "I told Shane Mattiske yesterday that the referees have all said that a referee needs to be in charge.

"You need to have a referee because he understands the game from a referee's point of view. You have the empathy of the game.

"The referee understands it and that is what needs to happen. No matter who they put in, and that is up to them, they need to make sure it's a referee. If someone said to me to come coach the Tigers, I would say no way in the world because that's not my game. I am a referee.

"I don't think that a ref would make a good coach for a rugby league team and I don't think a coach would make a good referees' coach."

Harrigan flagged a potential career in the media and could not rule out what would be a controversial move back to the video referee's box.

"I really don't know what I am going to do," Harrigan said. "I am just going to move on to a new stage of life. A door closes and another one opens."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/bill-harrigan-calls-for-changes-to-nrl-rule-book/story-e6frexnr-1226504525827

ARL Commission chairman John Grant said a litany of incorrect game-changing decisions made it imperative to dump referees' coaches Bill Harrigan and Stuart Raper.
The pair paid the price for a series of clangers on the field and in the video box, most notably crucial calls which went against NSW in this year's State of Origin series. While Grant said the decision was one made at an executive rather than commission level, it had become apparent that the refereeing ranks needed to be restructured.
''There are going to be mistakes but the one thing we want to make sure though is that we do as much as we can to ensure that mistakes are minimised,'' Grant told The Sun-Herald yesterday. ''That's a clear objective the referees have for themselves as we would have for them.
''Secondly, we wouldn't want decisions that are wrong to be game-changers. Our position isn't to make decisions on a week-to-week basis but when you look at the overall season … there had to be some change.''
Advertisement
Grant also revealed the system of having refereeing co-coaches was problematic in that it was unclear who was accountable for the performance of officials. ''You need to have clear responsibilities about who is in charge,'' Grant said. ''That was one of the weaknesses in the previous structure; we had the duality of responsibility of Stuart and Bill. You always have to ask the question, who makes the final call? Who is accountable and who is responsible? That's what we want in the structure going forward.''
Harrigan refused to take a parting shot at his former employers after they ended his 35-year refereeing career. However, he did have some advice for his successor and he believes that person should come from the refereeing rather than coaching ranks.
''The rule book doesn't suit the modern game so it will have to be overhauled at some stage,'' Harrigan said. ''You've certainly got to look at benefit of the doubt, bringing that back. So in all probability, did he touch it, did he drop it? That would put him on the same page as all of the supporters out there.''
NRL general manager of football operations Nathan McGuirk foreshadowed a ''restructure'' which would include the appointment of an elite performance manager. However, he quashed the prospect of returning to just one referee, which several coaches, including Manly's Geoff Toovey, believe would lead to more consistency. ''We need to have the most entertaining and competitive game in the world and officials are a key part of that,'' Grant said. ''They are important in the scheme of the league competition … There will be always be things taking up the headlines and we certainly don't want the refereeing decision taking up more space than they arguably should.'' Former Test whistleblower Russell Smith has been appointed as the referee's boss on an interim basis and is one of the leading candidates to hold the post full time, along with Steve Clark and Tony Archer.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/grant-says-referee-bosses-had-to-pay-for-clangers-20121027-28cas.html#ixzz2AXdaolJJ

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6