Studs up c*** retires

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
No way is he an immortal. One of the best fullbacks in the last decade and a half but did not do anything differently to what others did already. Snake IMO played a very different role to most fullbacks by playing as an extra 5/8. Started off as a grub but you get the feeling that in the last year he's tried to change his ways.

I've said this in the other thread but the way he said that the halfback jersey for QLD is DCE's for however long he wants it earned some respect from me. Also showed a touch of class in how we stayed with the QLD side this year knowing full well that Smith, Thurston and Cronk weren't playing. Having said that, I couldn't forgive him for knocking Snake out in the 2007 GF.

He was the only one that didn’t sign two contracts. It was the others that did.
He was the only one with one wife.
Or was that.......no it wasn't sCam,
Must've been coops....
Bloody confusing.

Was quite fitting today that Facebook memories brought up a photo of Tony Williams sending Slater flying backwards through the air, is a thing of beauty

Will always love the way he threw away the 2008 World Cup, a truly memorable moment

Also how big a coward he was, kicking John Skandalis in the head and then running for his life when Skando got up

Yes he was a very good full back. But in my opinion Stewart was better when he was fully fit. If Stewart hadn't suffered such career ending injuries and not had to face court because of a shameful family of gold diggers, he would in my opinion have been the one seen as the best full back of all time. His try scoring was significantly superior per game than any other full back including Slater, and probably up there with the best in setting up tries. His defence was at least as good, and he didn't have to slide in sprigs and all to thwart a try. He was an outstanding organiser at the back, and could always be relied on to commit himself to the game. He was quite a bit faster than Slater and quite a bit tougher. As I said, but for injury and very low grade family act, Stewart would have been at the top.
Grub slater had the ability to make something simple look spectacular when it really was just a simple catch & run. Snake by contrast had the ability to make something really spectacular look easy. In my mind Snake is the best fullback I have seen in my 55 years on this planet.

Grub slater had the ability to make something simple look spectacular when it really was just a simple catch & run. Snake by contrast had the ability to make something really spectacular look easy. In my mind Snake is the best fullback I have seen in my 55 years on this planet.
Snake is my favourite player of all time. He lifted the entire team every time he stepped onto the field. There's all this talk around us needing a gun second rower, great prop and a solid half but back then it was enough to have Snake on the field. No other player could organise a team like he could.

Spat my beer out when Channel 10 said he was the best ever fullback! What an absolute load of crap but at least they said he only won 2 premierships........

I remember when Bellamy in Slaters peak dumped him to North Sydney Bears NSW Cup, and he had a shocker at Brooky.

God I gave it to him that day. I THINK Dan may have been there with me. Not sure, maybe it was someone else.

2 memories standout for Slater for mine.

1. The day Tony Williams at Brooky just steamrolled Slater like a speedbumb.

2. The day he cradled Wolfman when Wolfy broke his neck. Touch of class imo. Sorry everyone.

images

Good riddance :cool:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12