"Studs up grub": Slater mega thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mozgrame said:
I had a blue with a dickhead at work about this this morning. He's a tigers supporter and tried telling me there was nothing in it, and facials are a part of the game. Facial my arse. He deadset dropped the forearm into DCE's head with as much weight as he could manage. Slater is a talented player, but his talent is far out weighed buy his grubbiness. I bounced the remote off the tv when none of the refs pulled him up on that. FILTHY!!

I almost blew out some unsuspecting eardrums and my throat personally but I like your intensity

I seem to recall Trent Hodkinson getting 2 weeks for something very similar earlier this year...

Brissie Kid said:
Anyone got the game on tape?

Somewhere between 70 and 75 minutes there is a tackle from Slater on DCE way inside the Storm half. Looked possibly like a forearm to DCE's head. DCE did not look happy.

Disgraceful act but I suspect that nothing will come of it. The officials will likely focus all their attention on the all in brawl and will gloss over Slaters tackle.

People should ring up Talkin' Sport (on 2SM radio) this afternoon and suggest they ask Harrigan about it when he comes on for his weekly wrap.

@[SP_Eagle] Hodkinsons was different, it was the second attempt and swinging arm, more the second attempt.
Melbourne have taken this sort of stuff to an art form, they are so clever at it, that unfortunately it becomes difficult to police

just viewed it again

that his forearm and elbow came in contact with dce's head.

Brissie Kid said:
Anyone got the game on tape?

Somewhere between 70 and 75 minutes there is a tackle from Slater on DCE way inside the Storm half. Looked possibly like a forearm to DCE's head. DCE did not look happy.72nd minute elbow to the face slater on DCE

I wish someone would put some video up of it, so that we can stop the speculation

Try this. This is the error that leads to the scrum that we get the ball and DCE runs it from scrum and Slater tackles him and elbows him in head. You ahve to watch a couple of minutes of footage

http://www.nrl.com/Video/2011GameAnalyser/tabid/10910/Default.aspx?roundid=204&matchid=1365&videoquality=1&type=handlingerror&period=2&time=2025

Very suspect how Fox edited alot out of the replay, I wouldnt be suprised if most people have only seen the edited version on Fox and are making their assumptions from that. The version that Chip and Chase linked us to is the Ch9 version on the official NRL site.

If DCE was an Isaac Luke or Robbie Farah he would have stayed down. The video referee would have looked at it. Manly would have recieved a penalty and it would have been put on report.

a descending forearm/elbow like that using gravity is much more likely to injure than a mug punch which was most of the brawling's worst (except for blair's more scientific uppercuts). we saw their effect on lussicks mouth.

on this 'brawl'; imagine if noone had run in at all: then we would have seen a more sobering and brutal spectacle develop than some players running about pushing and pulling each other. what do they expect teammates to do? it's such hypocrisy this hysteria over a bit of boilover and a few punches.

Billy Slater on chanel Seven news when asked what it would be like to win a real premiership...... " ive all ready won a couple" was his answer. How can these germs continue to deny the truth??
I cant find the interview on line.

Not according to the official record mr dooshbag.

He is though, one of the best players never to have won an NRL grand final, along with Smith, Cronk and Inglis.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8