Suburban Upgrades (ie us) torpedoed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly and Cronulla’s home grounds were expected to receive about $100m each with Leichhardt Oval also earmarked for a $50m facelift.

Plans to build a new $300m stadium in Penrith, which is the electorate of NSW deputy Liberal leader Stuart Ayres, remain on track.

face-palm-shake-my-head.gif

We need to find a way to acquire the ground from the council.

I think we could self fund it if the we had a couple of high rise residential buildings with a bottom level of retail/commercial built on to an adjoining brand southernstand and south east corner stand.

I'm sure the unit sales would generate the funds required for those 2 stands and a eastern 2 tier grandstand.

The chances of a council re-zone are zero, imo.

Time to look at buying Rat Park.

Then again, its not as if we ever see Brookie sold out before kickoff. Just accept Brookie is what it is and enjoy it.

I still think taking one Manly game to Homebush (or even the new SFS?) every year and working hard to sell it out as annual Sea Eagles celebration day festival, brings as much income as 12 home games at Brookie.

Same model as many of the England RU clubs do, take one game to Twickenham and sell it out. Their home grounds are no better or bigger than Brookie.

Last edited:
Time to look at buying Rat Park.

Then again, its not as if we ever see Brookie sold out before kickoff. Just accept Brookie is what it is and enjoy it.

I still think taking one Manly game to Homebush (or even the new SFS?) every year and working hard to sell it out as annual Sea Eagles celebration day festival, brings as much income as 12 home games at Brookie.

Same model as many of the England RU clubs do, take one game to Twickenham and sell it out. Their home grounds are no better or bigger than Brookie.

We already do that. Magic round vs the Broncos at Lang park. Still for the life of me I don't know why it's always our home game.
Surely it's fairer to be a Broncos home game every 2nd year at Broncos home ground.

**** me, what a surprise. I have 60 years of hearing the same crap. I feel sorry for you youngins that ever believed it. They don't give a **** about the Northern Beaches. Every time it rains the Parkway still floods.

Getting on a bit now and I don't think I'll be around when the next lot of artists impressions are on display

• 😆
Reactions: Ned
Bit sm
Speaking of upgrades is anyone else completely underwhelmed by the new stand on the north of the ground?
Doesn't fit many people and no-one on the hill can see the new screen because it's now behind them.
It’s a bit smaller than I expected but better than what was there so I guess we take it as a win. Now we wait 25+ years for the next upgrade to the ground.

Well we had a PM and Premier who were manly supporters and got nothing done.
At different times in the last 10 years, yes we've had a PM and then a NSW Premier both Manly supporters, yet zilch, so what chance have we got now.

(In fairness I will say when Abbott was PM he got some funding, which ended up going towards the C of E.)

I think if or when Brookie Oval ever becomes a "stadium" I'll be well and truly gone. I get so miffed when I hear that an existing stadium is being completely replaced by a new one, when we're still waiting to get A stadium.

The 3 city stadium infrastructure plan that Ayres bleats about is just his p!ss poor smoke screen now that he’s green lit his electorate Penriff to have a brand new stadium. The current one is already fit for purpose.
We should be so lucky

We already do that. Magic round vs the Broncos at Lang park. Still for the life of me I don't know why it's always our home game.
Surely it's fairer to be a Broncos home game every 2nd year at Broncos home ground.
Although the club would clean up financially from gate takings I reckon

Not surprising. They government want a 3 cities approach, CBD, Parra, Penrith.
And where does Homebush fit into that?

It’s mind boggling that of all the stadiums in NSW the first thing they did was demolish and rebuild a perfectly good stadium 20 mins away from what was the. supposed to be the best stadium we had at Homebush.

The next thing they did was demolish and rebuild the SFS, which was the second best stadium we had before they did Parra…

Put it this way, if they moved the old Parra stadium or the old SFS that they demolished to Brookie I think we’d all be thrilled…

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6