Suggestions for Sea Eagles Fan Hubs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Long time lurker. First post.

Living in Brisbane it would be great if there was a venue where you knew Manly fans were congregating to watch games. Don't have a specific pub/club though. Thinking somewhere in the city which is relatively easy to get to and obviously central for public transport. Also far enough removed from around Suncorp (Bronocs focus) and the GABBA (Lions focus) - am sure there would be a host of places up here that might not see massive patronage that would be interested. I am happy to have a look about and see if I can suggest a couple of places.

Sounds like a really good initiative

Thanks

Hi, I am with Mals on Hotel Pennant Hills, great renovatiopn just completed with loads of big screens, new sports bar, huge betting facilities and 100m from the train station.

Problem with Epping Hotel is there is no dedicated sports TV's or rooom - I love the venue just not good for watching sport.

silver said:
Hi, I am with Mals on Hotel Pennant Hills, great renovatiopn just completed with loads of big screens, new sports bar, huge betting facilities and 100m from the train station.

Problem with Epping Hotel is there is no dedicated sports TV's or rooom - I love the venue just not good for watching sport.

The Penno pub would be my pick too. Only 1km from my place :D

However, Larissa has said the decision for next season has already been made -> The Ranch. Nearest train would be Mac Uni station which is about 1km walk down Herring Road.

With the venues it is first in best dressed.

The Ranch approached us so we were happy to have them on board.

Joben said:
Long time lurker. First post.

Living in Brisbane it would be great if there was a venue where you knew Manly fans were congregating to watch games. Don't have a specific pub/club though. Thinking somewhere in the city which is relatively easy to get to and obviously central for public transport. Also far enough removed from around Suncorp (Bronocs focus) and the GABBA (Lions focus) - am sure there would be a host of places up here that might not see massive patronage that would be interested. I am happy to have a look about and see if I can suggest a couple of places.

Sounds like a really good initiative

Thanks

Joben...get in touch with me, I am Brisbane based and can add you to my extensive E-Mail data base so you will get to know what other fans are doing, and be able to join in with us when they come to town

Cheers

Mark

Dont do it!

MWTS = Mark Wants The Scratch!!

(lol) :angel:

edit: Just in case the "lol" didn't compute.... Mark does a great job!!

@[Mark from Brisbane]

BUMP..

Manly supporter Jack Lewis wants to set up supporters' clubs

ROCKHAMPTON'S Jack Lewis doesn't want to be a lonely Sea Eagles supporter any longer.

RMB_29-12-2012_ROP_02_ROK281212kmanly_t620.jpg

SEA EAGLES FOR LIFE: Jack Lewis has been an avid Manly supporter ever since he met Bobby Fulton at his first game for Australia in the 1960s.

The avid Manly supporter, who has been a fan since meeting Bobby Fulton at his first game in the 1960s, yesterday wrote to The Bulletin to find out if there was a Sea Eagles supporters group in Rockhampton and, if not, whether anyone would like to join him in creating one.

Mr Lewis spoke out following a story published in The Bulletin about a recent Rockhampton robbery where thieves stole all NRL jerseys besides Manly's.

9-1643224-rok271212abreak2_t620.jpg

Manly jersey 8is the only thing left in the window after two break and enters at Rockhampton Picture Framing. Photo Allan Reinikka /
The Sea Eagles are the club most people like to hate, unless, of course, you're a supporter of the club.

"I would like to know if there is a Manly supporters club here in Rocky," Mr Lewis said.
"Or would all Sea Eagles fans like to start such a club."

Mr Lewis is sure local butcher Kev Brown would join him in his endeavours to start such a club and said if all Manly haters had as much passion for their own NRL team, they could be as successful as Manly have been over the past six or seven years.

"Don't you just love being a Manly supporter, here we are showing or airing our feelings towards the mighty Sea Eagles and the 2013 season is still a few months off," he said.
If you think Mr Lewis's idea is something that you would like to be committed to then phone him on 0457 468 484.

Topics: jack lewis, manly, sea eagles, supporters club

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/manly-mates-needed/1700492/

I'll have to give him a call once I'm back. Fan Hubs are going well, but it has been hard to get venues outside the Northern Beaches. We have had quite a few people ask us why on earth should they be a Sea Eagles Fan Hub!

Love driving through Bredbo on the way to the snow. Do you go to the pub at the end of town as we drive in from Sydney? Always in a rush but nice feeling when I see that pub! Looks quiet though!

I sent Jack a message to check out us here at silvertails
also my comment got published advertising us here

Hi Larissa

Is there any progress on a Fan Hub for the Taree area, The Owner of Martines Restaurant at Old Bar is a Huge Manly Fan, and has apparently had some dealings with the Club, he might be a good contact

http://www.menufeast.com.au/info/24042/martines-cafe-and-restaurant/old-bar/

there is plenty of Manly Fans up this way, I work with four in My office alone, and i Know of at least another 20 that I have met in my Travels around the Taree area

Mark

I know in Brisbane there are a few pubs that are official and unofficial away supporters venues.

St Kilda supporters I think go to the Aussie National in Woolloongabba.

Even though it's a Brisbane club, The Shafston is the official away supporters venue for the Roar.

Shafston also is the away supporters venue for the All Blacks. They even do a 'VIP Pack' where members get a T-Shirt, game day specials etc.

Might be worth approaching them, never know they could be particular on the club but it's worth a crack and relatively central.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6