Suli and Walker on the nose at Manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
@Ryan let the numbnuts Bag Walker all they want ... but for the past few years he is about the only player other that Jake that looks like he gives a fuk about winning ... and is about the only bloke we have other than Jake that looks prepared to run through a brick wall to get a win .....

I'll take 12 more players with his attitude on the field ...

PSS ... All we have heard for the past 4 months is that all Des has to do is look at a player to make them faster, stronger, fitter and better people .... and that he is loyal and sticks solid ...... and now I am supposed to believe he is preparing to give up on these two after a couple of weeks ...

@Ryan let the numbnuts Bag Walker all they want ... but for the past few years he is about the only player other that Jake that looks like he gives a fuk about winning ... and is about the only bloke we have other than Jake that looks prepared to run through a brick wall to get a win .....

I'll take 12 more players with his attitude on the field ...

PSS ... All we have heard for the past 4 months is that all Des has to do is look at a player to make them faster, stronger, fitter and better people .... and that he is loyal and sticks solid ...... and now I am supposed to believe he is preparing to give up on these two after a couple of weeks ...

I hope.you are right mate. I absolutely don't condone what Walker has done, but if that is career sack worthy, then FMD, people are harsh.

He still yet could be innocent of charges. People are already determining his fate well before due process. I don't get it.

People have called Walker this name and that name, and quite a lot of it based on rumour, innuendo, and the ground swell of emotion behind the alleged incident.

To me, that's far too harsh, and far too early to react. People are calling one of our Manly boys a dickhead. Even if he DID pull his partners hair....bad mistake, learn from it, you've already been punished personal brand wise, and you've been withheld for 11 weeks (including one trial) move on and get on with things.

Hopefully he then takes a hometown discount to remain here and work his butt off for the club and Des.

As for Suli, I've been hard on him yes, because of the partying, and even recently, on how I heard he turned up to training. But he's 20 FFS. I DO remember how fast, agile and explosive he was when being picked for Tonga (which is what frustrates me, Moses, don't waste what was that person and player). Stick by him, and the rewards will be there , IF he screws his head on and works, and sorts out his off field behaviour and his intensity to training and his career.

As for Des, I don't think he's the magician everyone else does. The fact he didn't think Latrell Mitchell was up to scratch, says a lot to me. He's a club legend. We've won one solitary game this season, and people on this board have come on, used that one game, blasting all the fans who had areas of concern about our players and team. I don't get it.

Cows are short a fullback and Milf's best was at fb.

Not a good fit at Manly :shake:

Rather bring Wils home to cover all the backs position :)

Never liked Walker and his departure would be happy days at Brookie :nod:

Suli's application is still a worry. If he continues with his lackadaisical attitude, he'll be Club hopping in reserves :cool:

Hopefully next year one of our edges will be the Hopoate brothers. Would love to see Will back.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Albert Hopoate
03. Will Hopoate
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick

Would be a pretty slick and fast backline (and big).

I'd want top 4 with that, almost immediately.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Albert Hopoate
03. Will Hopoate
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick

Would be a pretty slick and fast backline (and big).

I'd want top 4 with that, almost immediately.

Hopefully but I don’t see Dylan being here and Albert is still an unknown quantity at first grade level. I’ve seen a lot of players hyped from their youth highlight reels only to be mediocre players at first grade level. There’s just so much more than talent that is needed in first grade.

Hopefully but I don’t see Dylan being here and Albert is still an unknown quantity at first grade level. I’ve seen a lot of players hyped from their youth highlight reels only to be mediocre players at first grade level. There’s just so much more than talent that is needed in first grade.

Like Woodsie alluded to above, and I think too, I think we'll work with Walker. Des usually stands by his players mate.

We'll see, but I still harbour high hopes he's a mainstay at our club. His effort, passion and exuberance on the field are electrifying and magnetic

I hope.you are right mate. I absolutely don't condone what Walker has done, but if that is career sack worthy, then FMD, people are harsh.

He still yet could be innocent of charges. People are already determining his fate well before due process. I don't get it.

People have called Walker this name and that name, and quite a lot of it based on rumour, innuendo, and the ground swell of emotion behind the alleged incident.

To me, that's far too harsh, and far too early to react. People are calling one of our Manly boys a dickhead. Even if he DID pull his partners hair....bad mistake, learn from it, you've already been punished personal brand wise, and you've been withheld for 11 weeks (including one trial) move on and get on with things.

Hopefully he then takes a hometown discount to remain here and work his butt off for the club and Des..
Exactly mate. Everyone is happy to have AFB playing for Manly. He's one of our best week in week out. Hopefully Walker will learn from this bad mistake and turn his life around like AFB has done.

No More Drama at Manly. Our two best centres are at home playing the playstation when we need them most. Lucky for us we are over compensated in other key positions right now, which means that Parker and Elliot (Garrick) just have to concentrate on working as a team as we have more than enough game breakers in this side to get the job done. The loyal, focused and commited players in this team don't need any more distractions from overpaid, troubled individuals.

I don’t think 1 person has knocked Walkers ability.....more basing replacements on the fact it’s unlikely he will be around.
When on - Walker will match ANY strike centre in the NRL....
Personally reckon Croker is underrated and has great footy sense plus kicks goals.
Have strong contacts from Cronulla, who rate Bronson Xerri as 1 of the best potential local talents to out of the Shire....and agree with the Hoppa call, as he is quality and would be great for young Albert.
Either way - need to be looking, as either Walker/ Suli or both won’t be here in 2020.

We don't need wingers. We have Garrick and Taufua for this year. Assuming Taufua gets moved on at the end of this year then we have both Jade Anderson and Albert Hopoate waiting for a start.

We need centres.

I’m not sure how much legs this story has the more I think about it

For me I don’t think it is in Des’ character to stand beside a man and back him with his court appearances and then send him packing

I also think that if Suli has been a big problem under his watch then he wouldn’t have started at all this season, and we haven’t really had any info about how serious this thing actually is

One thing for sure is Des wouldn’t let them go without more quality coming in than what we currently have

We don't need wingers. We have Garrick and Taufua for this year. Assuming Taufua gets moved on at the end of this year then we have both Jade Anderson and Albert Hopoate waiting for a start.

We need centres.
I reckon Hoppa will slot straight into a centre position, though agree he will most likely debut on the wing...

Hopefully he then takes a hometown discount to remain here and work his butt off for the club and Des.

As for Suli, I've been hard on him yes, because of the partying, and even recently, on how I heard he turned up to training. But he's 20 FFS. I DO remember how fast, agile and explosive he was when being picked for Tonga (which is what frustrates me, Moses, don't waste what was that person and player). Stick by him, and the rewards will be there , IF he screws his head on and works, and sorts out his off field behaviour and his intensity to training and his career.

As for Des, I don't think he's the magician everyone else does. The fact he didn't think Latrell Mitchell was up to scratch, says a lot to me. He's a club legend. We've won one solitary game this season, and people on this board have come on, used that one game, blasting all the fans who had areas of concern about our players and team. I don't get it.
Has Manly actually came out and said that Walkers gone no matter the outcome, or is it just speculation?

Walker has been a disappointment as a recruit. Bozo bought him here to play 5/8 - that didn't work. He played about half the games last year and who knows if he'll get on the park this year. Inconsistent performances when he is on the park. I think we can do better with his money.

Suli - well he has only got himself to blame. Plenty of hype around him and probably has got some god given talents, but if he hasn't got his head in the game then what is the point.

Maybe young Hoppa could be a smokey at 3 or 4 moving forward. Funa doesn't seem to have cracked it despite being in the squad for a while now, so not sure whether he will make it.

Suli would be on close to minimum wage (was brought in on 20's money and upgraded to minimum last year) so kicking him out may not have a huge benefit.

Has Manly actually came out and said that Walkers gone no matter the outcome, or is it just speculation?

Just speculation but when was the last time someone was signed/booted without speculation prior?

The NRL has more leaks than the government

Aren't Suli and Fainu best mates? And i think they carpool together? I just hope this doesn't have a negative effect on Fainu if Suli is moved on.

It does look like they are thinking centre right now given he is listed there this weekend rather than his normal fullback.

Just speculation, Brad. He is off contract at the end of the year, so when reference is made to ‘getting rid of him’ it would perhaps be more accurate to say ‘will not offer him a new contract’.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10