Suli off to Illawarra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parker may have less ability but he plays with much more heart than the laid back Suli .

And that is the heart of the matter why Des prefers players that put in heartfelt efforts

Sadly Suli has been playing with a Big Frame and a small heart and that is why he became a bench player and will remain a bench player until he has an ATTITUDE change
You are right in many ways Bozo with this post and Suli does have a far greater natural ability in so many ways...the only concern with Suli besides come lazy defensive efforts....I honestly don't think he will ever have the ability to "read" a play as good as Parker.
Now don't get me wrong, I hope he has a blinder and if Tom plays I have him for 2 tries, but he seems indecisive often when attacking numbers are sent his way ( to close down, slide, or hold)...this often leads to a back peddle and defending "between players" which will catch you out 95% of the time and leave your winger also in no mans land.....it's almost like speed - very, very hard to teach and an instinct I really hope improves dramatically....I have a belief your entire game can build off great defence and though most ppl just recognise the pretty stuff and the try scorer, big defence is the heart and soul of footy.

Last edited:
You are right in many ways Bozo with this post and Suli does have a far greater natural ability in so many ways...the only concern with Suli besides come lazy defensive efforts....I honestly don't think he will ever have the ability to "read" a play as good as Parker.
Now don't get me wrong, I hope he has a blinder and if Tom plays I have him for 2 tries, but he seems indecisive often when attacking numbers are sent his way down ( to close down, slide, or hold)...this often leads to a back peddle and defending "between players" which will catch you out 95% of the time and leave your winger also in no mans land.....it's almost like speed - very, very hard to teach and an instinct I really hope improves dramatically....I have a belief your entire game can build off great defence and though most ppl just recognise the pretty stuff and the try scorer, big defence is the heart and soul of footy.
You have made some good points as usual and Suli has the final say on the field this week

Manly could rethink their attitude to Suli if he takes full advantage of this opportunity. Interesting comparison between he and Parker. Parker is definitely the better defender, mainly because he positions himself well and has a good defensive style. I suspect Suli potentially is the better attacker, though his efforts in the past were on the whole not that inspiring. Recent efforts have been encouraging. Will be interesting to watch.
we have the players that will aim him at the smaller guys and put him into gaps ... if he can keep up with them when its on

I'm still not sure on Suli. I really like the guy. He has all the ability and attributes to succeed. But just sometimes doesn't appear to have the drive or want it bad enough. I hope he takes this opportunity and shows his ability.

He started the season so poorly. It was his spot and he gave it up. For the money he's on and with Koula coming through. Not sure we need him next year. He will need to really pick up his form and be consistent. Just mixed feelings on him.

Move him on if Saints take all his contract.

Spoiler.....he'll never fulfil that enourmous potential

we have the players that will aim him at the smaller guys and put him into gaps ... if he can keep up with them when its on
and that's the key. When he played FG previously, he wasn't given the ball in space. That's where a big and dangerous frame can do damage. All we offered him for two years was rucking it out of his own end or catching the ball off a slow shift sideways before being swamped by the defence.

Now with the new rules and our much improved attack, he could very damaging with the extra space Tom and co. create. The real question mark is D. If he can get that right and be consistent, he could be anything.

and that's the key. When he played FG previously, he wasn't given the ball in space. That's where a big and dangerous frame can do damage. All we offered him for two years was rucking it out of his own end or catching the ball off a slow shift sideways before being swamped by the defence.

Now with the new rules and our much improved attack, he could very damaging with the extra space Tom and co. create. The real question mark is D. If he can get that right and be consistent, he could be anything.
last year in particular i was looking for this and wrote a number of posts about it. there was a game where DCE cut out sirro , gave him early ball and he made a half break and looked dangerous but i cant remember another time he got early ball all season. he hurt his ankle same play though

Hey dont knock a 95 year old to have fun with. Close friend from the gym is a woman about to turn 90 this year and fitter than most 70 year olds I know.
Yes we've got a couple at my gym who wouldn't be far off that mark also, very good to see people not giving in to age although my mother in law spends most of her waking hours sleeping in her recliner except for when Manly are playing, she spends the game giving me the stink eye whenever my level of excitement rises, in true mother in law fashion she tends to go for anyone other than who I'm supporting, although last Saturday night she lost control of her senses and started cheering for Manly, worrying signs indeed

Every one of our players, Parker and Rueben included, looked like crap over the first four rounds. Moses was anything but alone in not playing to his potential. If things had fallen differently, I'm pretty sure he would have been playing at a higher level and enjoying his footy by now, just like the rest of the team. Be interesting to see how he fits in on Friday night.

To Moses our Beloved Manly Monster

One thing that Money cannot buy is happiness .

Money can buy comfort but one can sit in a very comfortable house and be unhappy

You do not want to be a Miserable Dragon Moses .
Money can buy you options and more freedom along with if you are not all about the money it can reduce your stress, they are all contributors to happiness.

Hey dont knock a 95 year old to have fun with. Close friend from the gym is a woman about to turn 90 this year and fitter than most 70 year olds I know.
G'day all, Mike was a ferrymaster for 25 years on a local ferry service back in the day and many of the regular passengers were elderly.There was always a bit of banter and innuendo until one day a lovely little old lady grabbed me by the arm and said "Mike you have no idea what its like to be my age,you still feel like it you know and you can park your boots under my bed whenever you like".Its not often Mike is lost for words,but what do you say to that.
cheers mike

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8