Suli off to Illawarra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes i would have him in the 17 to inject sharp penetration into our go forward sets off the bench and for backline cover. Manly needs points or someone to break up the grind to remain a threat, our big squad in a tight contest is more likely to succumb so we need points as a buffer, or attacking options to get back into a match.

Lawton has been quiet with less involvement but still love his work rate, Sipley will get targetted on the inside often but has improved his fitness from the start of the year.
Walker offers more in attack and is trying to improve his defensive involvement but his workrate is not as good as Lawton.

So to me i would have two big forwards on rotation and Walker and Suli as injection players, my thinking is if the game is tight i would rather points scoring and sharpness off the bench than workrate and size in the fast paced modern game.
However , if we are 10 pts in front with 12min to go. Who do you want out there defensively, Suli or Lawton. It's horses for courses but I want an allrounder on the bench and Lawton is better. Sure if we are behind then I'd want Suli out there if we need to chase points. In Des we trust on this one.

However , if we are 10 pts in front with 12min to go. Who do you want out there defensively, Suli or Lawton. It's horses for courses but I want an allrounder on the bench and Lawton is better. Sure if we are behind then I'd want Suli out there if we need to chase points. In Des we trust on this one.
If we're that desperate fake a couple of HIAs and get him on as 18th man ;)

Why are we still talking about this guy.

Let him go to Saints and let's concentrate on playing for each other and winning a
From what I've been reading, Suli's preference is to stay with us, it's a case of which centres do we keep, looks like Parker and Harper are keepers, and Walker has been offered a two year extension, on lower money.
Would love Suli to stay, but not on the money that the Dragons are offering, around $550-600k a year.

From what I've been reading, Suli's preference is to stay with us, it's a case of which centres do we keep, looks like Parker and Harper are keepers, and Walker has been offered a two year extension, on lower money.
Would love Suli to stay, but not on the money that the Dragons are offering, around $550-600k a year.
The guy is still under contract for next year so I would definitely keep him.

Suli has to be careful as he has already burnt his bridges with the Bulldogs and Tigers before he got to Manly.

His main complaint this year is "lack of game time". Next year he (should) be able to rip in at BWSE and show that he can defend.

Injuries happen - he will get his chance in 2022 and if he is good enough (which I think he is) he will get his chance.

Suli has to be careful as he has already burnt his bridges with the Bulldogs and Tigers before he got to Manly.

His main complaint this year is "lack of game time". Next year he (should) be able to rip in at BWSE and show that he can defend.

Injuries happen - he will get his chance in 2022 and if he is good enough (which I think he is) he will get his chance.
Let’s be fair. He’s probably one bad high tackle on Parker gone wrong away from a more permanent spot. Every game I worry more and more about the blokes longevity with head knocks. Don’t wish it upon him as I love the way he plays but it’s crazy how often people collect him high.

Tend to think that it would be Suli 's i st preference to stay for next season at least and in any case he would be on the same money that the Dragons are reportedly prepared to pay for a switch for 2022 . No doubt he has understandably expressed some dissatisfaction with lack of game time but has certainly again performed well with his last 2 Manly club outings . Would not attribute that to trying to impress Dragons officials and a decent contract , that is a given , just to try to put a strong case to be reinstated as a i st choice Manly centre and just play well in general [ and again minus Turbo's positive influence ] . Manly officials have given him permission to negotiate with other clubs so obviously and for whatever reason will not stand in his way if he chooses to leave . Think that he is and can still be a definite asset for Manly but on current indications not at 550 k after next season [ still would be entitled to decent coin though ] Zorba is hinting at Koula [ which i was hoping ] and Tippy Toes [ which i would have some questions on ] to be prospective Manly centres soon . So guess that would be some consolation if Suli did move on . Noticed Brad [ Parker ] struggling to keep up with Granville in that last play against the Cows , can :t knock his commitment or usually reliable defence but again in the approaching finals and crunch games , sincerely hope that there will be no regret not having Suli there for extra punch if our present centres do not quite provide that vital input , And again i think that it is a complete fallacy to maintain that Suli is not an adequate enough defender at any level .

I think the club has a bit of salary cap juggling to implement next year and i suppose Suli leaving a year earlier frees up around $450k plus
Siro was on decent coin too. Losing Siro and Suli along with Gosiewski and Taufua and Walker taking less we should be fine.
I'd say after 2022 Taupau will be let go or offered a lot less to stay so I ca see us keeping the majority of this squad together for a few years yet. Our premiership window starts right now!
The good thing is that Des and Turbo will continue to attract players so I can see being on top for another 7 or 8 years. Surely a premiership or 3 among that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8